Tuesday, December 8, 2020

SOMETHING WICKED COMES

That first picture certainly sums it up for me today.  During this time of pandemic and in a year of election...it has been some eye opening moments, and I can't lie had me on an emotional roller coaster for most of the year. I don't recall being so up and down emotionally...like ever. At times I had some downright evil villainous thoughts of some,  on par with that of that loon, Cersei Lannister or Daenerys Targaryen. Had I a dragon at my disposal, and with my scorpion temper, we'd being seeing DC currently in rumble. I have always had a passion for the environment and the animal kingdom,  and would most times figure humans have what comes to them from Mother Nature if they can't treat the planet better and killing of animals to the brink of extinction in some cases. And I still feel that way. When the pandemic hit, I was shocked by how the environment was correcting itself so quickly. But that was short lived. And then there's the election. And we all know where I stand of that. I don't play. If I had my way, the guillotine would be rolled back with a list of at least  8 to send to it. And I don't feel bad. Especially with the head ass. He could sit and rot in jail, and he still wouldn't give two shits, come out and do it all over. Nope. Why take up room. I had no idea how the election would end up and did indeed think, The Dump would win, and thankful not. But now here we are, not surprised to see what's going on. I think we knew it would be a fight if some states were close. I just hope he doesn't walk free with many of his spawn. Hopefully we will be on the right track to getting things back to normal.

As I told Sixpense yesterday on his blog, the most frustrating thing for me in the election was the Dems and the Lincoln Project. The Dems leadership paid tens of millions to the GOP Lincoln Project to help lure GOP voters, and it failed. Biden got very little votes from it, and more GOP voters chose the dump than in 2016. I believe the Dems gave the project like $67 million , which I feel could have been spent on flipping state legislatures who control voting districts. Not one state legislature was flipped.  Had they been, they could've redistricted so that  Dems could've won more easily for decades. Or put more into those valuable Senate seats...which I hope we can still win. Instead Lincoln Project spent more $ on vanity projects  like a billboard in Time Square in a solidly blue district- not a battleground. A dumb use of a fortune which failed. I was also shook to the core when I heard just how many did indeed turn out for trump. That is frankly scary as hell. I only hope the current winners can get us back on track and that this country comes to it's senses and acts more caring and compassionate for others for differences of many factors. 

The other thing that angers me is the next relief package. A friend of mine is completely blaming the GOP...which is somewhat correct. But there has to be give and take. I also blame Nancy. She asked for 2.2 trillion in aid and the GOP went up from $0 to $800 billion to $1.8 trillion. She should've taken that deal, but she didn't want a check to go out with trump's name on it before the election. I can see her point,  very little. BUT people in traffic for food banks, homeless for the first time in their lives, or fighting off evictions or forecloses, don't care whose name was on those checks. We have two parties of Marie Antoinette,  and it's time for the guillotines. Democrats under her leadership failed as hard as the McTurtle or the GOP. Maybe THIS is why the largest group of voters is non-voters, and the second largest is Independents. Dems and the GOP get around 25% each, because they both suck. Hopefully Biden can work his magic and make this work. He needs to put all their balls to the wall and find middle ground.

The other thing getting me up and down has been the idea of cutting ties with some. During this time between election and pandemic, I had some eye openings. I severed two friendships over this. I had to let hem go. I told them that I think it's very sad you can't be friends with me over one aspect of my life. I have so many things to offer as friends and yet they couldn't get past my being Democrat. Them choosing a friendship like that is no different in my mind as ending it over say my religion, my color, my age or my sexual orientation. I figure they are probably just  close minded, or just a simpleton. One of my best friends is a republican, mind you liberal, but none the less an R. We may have disagreements, but we are always there for the thick and then thin. But with Trump supporters it was a whole new bag  of nuts and crazy. I guess they didn't think my bashing of trump was so funny? And the mask and social distance thing I don't get either. What in the hell is so damn hard following a few simple fucking rules?!?!?!?! I suspect I may lose two more friends. One who is pretty fun invited me to his holiday party. I was invited to three parties so far, and have said I wasn't attending any this year. Two were to be intimate, but none the less, I don't know some of the other invitees. The other, he is a popular guy and I know the party will have to many guest. I don't think he was happy of me not coming. To bad too sad. But the shocker was my friend who I normally go with. She drives and I drink!!!! She asked if I was going and told her I wasn't. She then said she'd still go, but wasn't,  if she had to wear a mask in a private home. WHAT?!?!?! I told her she was nuts. I told her , her thinking is what is driving this virus crazy! She gave me some choice words as I gave her some back and finally told her peace bitch, and hung up. And people wonder why I could care less if the virus corrects the linage of stupidly, and thins the herd. It angers me because it seems the idiots are the ones eluding it, or recovering  while the people taking the precautions are getting it and dying. 

So... I will continue my love of the planet and animals, and continue wearing my mask and being as carful as I can. Much like the virus, I will cut dead weight, and am looking at this period as a new chapter or beginning mind you. And I will be happy with Biden and Harris as our new, and competent leaders.  I'm trying to see positive. I worry this cut back on social isolation for me will able me to further build a wall back up, and become even icier. That worries me. I am already feeling more comfortable getting reclusive. And that worries me. I also have not seen Daddy Warbucks in over a year, or the Lad for almost a year. I could just be cranky from lack of sex and my own hand. I don't know. I sure hope I didn't offend anyone, it was not my intent. Or am I just over thinking and being to emotional, I just don't know. I took a dip over night I guess. I have wondered... I sometimes feel like there is no one to talk to even though I know that is tomfoolery. But I'm so used to listening, cheering and being the jester...if I go down, who will be there for me, if I'm the party pep?  Boy...this was a downer, forgave me dears.

56 comments:

  1. I bet it feels better to let it all out. There are a lot of us that are exhausted from faking it that everything is going to be fine. I have dropped several long term friends this year, just too much stupidity to tolerate. HWMNBN's refusal to admit he LOST, and stirring up his followers with false claims of misdeeds is terrifying. Hell, if we could rig an election to you think Mitch McTurtle would have been re-elected? It has been a rough year, I will continue with the delusion that the best is yet to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "too much stupidity to tolerate" And that's why they indeed got dropped quicker then the dump telling a truth.

      Delete
  2. Stick to your guns.
    I'm not surprised that you took a dip as you've just heard about a client dying of covid - this would inevitably lead to a lot of thinking. It has been a turbulent and emotional year - expect turbulent emotions!
    Take care.
    SXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right Ms Scarlet. I guess I'm not used to being on a roller coaster...and it's puzzling to me as to why it hits me at once.

      Some days I think I should change me name to Mrs. Peacock so your not lonely on the board game.

      Delete
  3. I'm with you, MM, all the way.
    But I do have hope with _____ leaving that many in the GOP will suddenly find their spines. I do have hope that Biden is the stepping stone to a new, younger, more progressive DNC.
    But my hope for the anti-virus, anti-mask, anti-vaccine loons? Get sick. Get real sick. And then complain to me and see how little I will care. I don't want you to die, but you acting like this ignores the nearly 300,000 dead and the tens of millions infected, so get real sick. I don't care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have much hop for the gop finding their spines unless we win those two GA seats, and he's out of power, the scumm bag.

      Delete
  4. These are trying times, trying times indeed. And it always hurts to lose friends, even misguided ones sometimes. Hugs to you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quickly updated my address book to those like minded people, Chunky Tinsel.

      Delete
  5. I'm here for you, luv! january 20 cannot come soon enough!
    people that don't wear masks deserve to DIE! PERIOD!
    you stand your ground, maddie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't get it, because they have the mask on their other face, the dumb shits.

      Delete
    2. I left you another comment on another post Anne Marie, I tried to visit you this weekend and the comment box kept eating my comment at your place and wouldn't allow me to leave one. So odd.

      Delete
  6. I know what ya mean with all of the above. I don't think the idiot-in-chief will ever be punished, no matter how much I would love it. I want to scream when I see people without masks or wearing a mask without covering the nose or wearing a mask on the chin.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. He and his family will all walk and go live in FL and continue raising funds for 2024. Besides the ass in chief at least two others have political aspirations. Scary.

      Delete
    2. They want a presidential dynasty.

      Delete
  7. 2020 has taken its toll on most of us, so I am not surprised you have your "Black Dog" moments. We all do. It's obviously been a helluva difficult year for an extrovert to face not only losing your job but also being months on your own in the flat. I shan't mention the US election, as that just seems to rile everybody over there.

    But what I will say is THIS WILL END some day soon, and we'll all party till our tits fall off! Clink, clink, sweetie. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great...do I need to go out and buy tits now? I don't have any tits to fall off!

      Clink clink!

      Delete
    2. I HAVE TITS FOR DAYS! I'll loan you mine! :)

      Delete
    3. You need titty loaners? I've got acres of tit. ACRES. Come on by and borrow a cup (size)!

      Delete
    4. Well if Duchess Deedles shows up...this is going to be a lot of titty in one room, I may have to have the boys open the adjoining solarium.

      Delete
  8. I hope the friends you lost were straight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One straight and two gays, surprisingly!!!!!!

      The three parties were all gay guys. God forbid the gays have to go without partying for a time.

      Delete
  9. Like you I have friends on either side of the political divide, one even farish right (not batshit crazy far right like QAnon people but even so....) and another farish left.

    I too am becoming inclined to go out less and I am not the only one on this side of the pond. I am lucky that I am in a bubble with a friend in the village and she comes over to see me as she lives on her own (legally allowable here). We have to social distance but that is fine, we can live with that as we natter face to face twice a week helping to keep both of us sane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes your right. My friends in the middle and I all get along just fine. The few whackos I knew are not all cut out of my life. Like you I have only in my bubble a very select few I know haven't been out much or around big huge crowds.

      Delete
  10. I hope you felt better after putting your frustrations in print. All of us could use a good scream now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. When you blow, you blow!!!! I say let it out. And your closing line is totally understandable. I can see why many would come to you and you always so laid back and funny. Thankfully you have good friends. And I think for many, like you have said, it's going to be a new time, a new chapter and many are purging wing nuts and those anti mask wearing assholes. I know I have. I have found out who my friends are yet again. I also agree that DC needs to be cleaned out even further. Your line "We have two parties of Marie Antoinette" is dead on. I hate the GOP, but Nancy should have taken that deal because of the reasons you stated. NOW look where we are. Some are on the verge of ruin, or are now homeless. Sorry ....like McConnell, Nancy needs to go.... much like Diane Feinstein. All I can say is Joe has his work cut out with all these entitled cry babies. Do you GodDamned jobs you were hired to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not going to be a easy Christmas for many that's for sure. I already know two people who had to sell their houses and downsize.

      Delete
  12. let's face it mistress, you always had a 12ft personal space rule and a tee shirt that reads please don't kiss me. sometimes your icy side is downright funny as hell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your always a good crack up too dear!!!!

      Delete
    2. when maddie is around the houseboyz, their cracks are ALWAYS up and ready for stuffing!

      Delete
  13. Extraordinary post...so much thought provoking content...your thoughts resonate with me as I think I share your views quite closely. I tend to be less harsh on nancy cause I think playing the hand we’ve been dealt is tough....it sickened me that the mumzer (yiddish provides a most appropriate word for t****) had the chutzpah to put his fucking name on the letter accompanying the checks that were sent out by the treasury department, but failure to get that to happen has dire implications to many....
    My crowd is intact...don’t have much contact with those who voted for the mumzer (except the distant relatives I don’t talk to anyhow). My concern is the significant split in our country...with those t’a refusing to acknowledge his clear defeat and thinking the election was “stolen”.... yet somehow we have got to get back together...
    Great photos...old car shots are a favorite and the guy with the bulge is hot!!
    We must keep up the effort...on to Georgia....possibly the t’a divisiveness will damage there cause, we can rally with Georgia to bring Warnock and Ossoff to victory (and ditch fucking mitch)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. “t’a” was auto correct...for the intended “republicans “

      Delete
    2. I will remain optimistic ...unless we lose the two senate seats. Otherwise I've shut the news off. I do like Biden's admin he's creating. What an idea...to actually put people in positions with experience and knowledge of said fields instead of family and friends? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

      Thanks dear!

      Delete
  14. Do not feel that you are alone. Much the same has happened to me, from the loss to friendships to the worrying about the election and worrying about this fucking virus. With a compromised immune system, it's scary to even venture out of the house, and I feel as I'm losing touch with friends. I've been severely depressed the past week or so with all the fuckery going on. Honest, I actually started looking for something I could take to just knock me out and ....
    Well, I know that's stupid, right? But, who can I call and talk to who would listen to my venting? Most of the people who DO talk with me end up telling me THEIR stories of woe as I sit and listen. Mistress, we are pretty much two of a kind, you and I. Great big, warm internet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two of a kind alright. We'd get into all sorts of fun trouble!

      Delete
  15. Just know your not alone. And I can't agree more on the politic fronts. I feel we still need many more to go on both sides. Many are there to long and have out lived their purpose and mission, and have loss sight of they serve us...

    Hugs to you. Good to let it out. I don't worry about you. You should be a phoenix. You've come out of the ashes many times. Your one of the stronger people I think I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right, I look at this like a whole new beginning again when this virus is pass.

      Delete
  16. Yes. I think you were in need of a purge. And I can't disagree with much of it either. As I matter of fact Im one of those after the election who is now registered Independent.

    If only you could ride in down on DC with a dragon and threaten. Goodness knows they all need to be shaken in their shoes. I've never seen a bigger shit show in all my life. And don't blame you one bit about the mask thing. American seem to think there invincible. How quickly we forget about wars, 911 and yes even the pandemic while were still in it. We need more wake up calls I think.

    But please tell me that third picture is your latest quarntine outfit? That must certainly gets looks at market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Just last week some guy mistook it for a large Cannelloni noodle

      Delete
  17. I agree with many of the post and am soo over politics right now I could scream. To be honest the news has gone off till after that senate race. I could care less if they all eat each other alive.

    And that someone is even planning to have a huge holiday party in my opinion is just damn selfish. Kudos to you for sticking to your guns. Just think you'll be here years from now when many won't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My one friend having the larger party really shocked me.

      Delete
  18. First, you could never, ever be an ice queen. You're too caring and have too much empathy to be an ice queen. There's too much fire in you too freeze. You're aware and woke. Behind the glitter and the glam, there's a very thoughtful person, dragon and all. You get mad 'cause you care.
    I feel you with the exclusion of some people from your life. I've done the same and it has not been easy. Some of those people mean a lot to people I love but just can't with the MAGAts; it's a very special kind of crazy, impervious to reason and arguments.
    And as people have said, you're not alone. if we weren't in the middle of a fucking pandemic, I'd make a road trip just to hang out with cha, dear.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I don't have the time for the drama or feel like walking on egg shells with them so... so long. You can come and hang out anytime you want!

      Delete
  19. There is no forgiveness necessary Dear Mads, you needed to speak your Mind about how you feel about all of this and it was all quite relevant. If you didn't Care so much perhaps you could overlook it all but you are a Caring Soul who is deeply Passionate about what matters. I have cut ties with some that were of The Cult, I just had to, too toxic. Politics before Twitler was so different, I didn't Care what Partisan Politics anyone had because none of it bordered on dangerous ground and had a modicum of Sanity and Goodness behind it for the most part. Politics and Religion have always been very controversial Topics for so many that mainly I avoided talking about either in the presence of anyone... until now, when it became absolutely necessary to take a stand and have it be on the side of what is just decent and preserves Democracy and the Country I Love. I just don't like the direction I am seeing most Politics, not just the corruption but the Silence against it is deafening and complicit. As for the Planet and it's sentient Beings in it, Mother Nature tries very hard to balance what we've done and it was encouraging to see how quickly She self-corrected and the Animals responded to the lack of Man's interference for the first time in perhaps a Century or more! Too bad it didn't last long enough, Mother Nature might have corrected a multitude of our Sins against Her and all the Creatures we should be Sharing this Planet with in Peace and Harmony. Shit, we can't even, as a Species, live in Peace and Harmony with one another, let alone with other Species... Mankind really needs to be Bitch slapped and I think perhaps the Pandemic has somewhat accomplished that to wake us up and humble us... realizing we're not demigods and that we could become extinct if we can't do whatever is necessary, might just be what will turn some things around? And you ALWAYS have someone to talk to here in this Wonderful Community of The Land Of Blog, we Love you and we Care deeply too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, thank goodness some days for the Land of Blog right!?! Yep you definitely get me...were a lot alike. I have some bottle brush tree therapy and I'll feel better!!!!!

      Delete
  20. It's again rare to come here and her such...but all to important to let out. With the election over and pleased, but I almost pity poor Biden who has a hellva mess on his hands. Luckily William and I get along and care about each other, I mean we are married and haven't killed one another. And at least we get to the market once a week, and had a change of four walls to the beach....but the hardest thing for me has been not seeing my kids. The holidays just aren't the same. The people not wearing masks and have issues with stuff should just get the virus and then should be able to seek help if that's how it is to be.

    I wanted to surprise you, but to lighten your mood, I have sent you something you should get shortly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agnes, they should get the virus AND BE DENIED MEDICAL ATTENTION! if you are going to flaunt the rules and call the virus a hoax, you deserve to die! maddie's gin-preserved body and spirit will NEVER die!

      Delete
  21. Aw, sweetheart, even the best of us (I'm not one of them) have those days. And this year has been an absolute trial. I wish I could give you a huge hug for being there, for being who you are, and for making my days better just by reading your blog posts. May tomorrow be much better. I've had three days of absolute shit in a row. I KNOW one of these days will be better. Maybe it will be tomorrow for us both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice to hear tootes! I guess I get thrown for a loop when this hits me...it's all so new to me...these ups and downs. And I try to busy myself with things.

      Delete
  22. Remember that a LARGE part of what's being called news lately is op-ed. Unless there's a source cited and proof, it's all hot air. And The Orange Thing, with all his cronies in the media, has put out so many metric shit-tons of spin and outright lies and spread it all so quickly that it's really difficult for TOT's constituency, who take their news off Yahoo or Facebook, ( between smoking crack and playing video games, watching American Idol, or taking a flip through Self magazine at the nail salon)to pick the facts out of the pigfeed. Not that they're interested in facts. No! They want infotainment! And TOT is fun! He's amusing! He's a goofball! He's not hard to understand because he don't be all like usin' big ol' words an' shit! Now as for you, baby, you aren't anybody's fool and you're nobody's jester either. I'm not here to be amused, although I frequently am because you've got a helluva sense of humor. I come back here because you're intelligent, thoughtful and involved! Isolation has got to be hell for you out there. Well then YOU GO ON AND PITCH A BITCH ABOUT IT! AMEN! I love isolation, and Jeezly Christmas, even I'm getting sick of it. Your response to it is entirely rational, if not real fun, and I want you to know if it gets too grim you GET AHOLD OF ME. I really like you, Maddie. My email is on my blog. Hit me up. VENT. I can deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your too kind tootes! I actually have been pretty good with the self isolation and haven't minded...I usually about this year take my yearly hibernation anyhow....I just have to remember to get out and jog and my walks. It's when I don't get out or start over thinking I get angry or melancholy.

      Delete
  23. I think this time of year also that alot of us get emotional for certain reason too. Im glad you are now feeling better after letting it out. Break some shit too if you must!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It certainly has been like no other Christmas season I have ever experienced. By this time, I just think between everything going on, we are all just wiped out. Especially emotionally. I am getting ready to move myself to share a large apartment with three others. 2021 should start out intresting......

    Hang in there luv.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It’s been quite the year. And especially hard on singles. It has brought to light how many people are very closed minded abs unbending. Whatever happened to “we’ll have to agree to disagree?”

    And not to be outdone, we get news from India of a new mysterious virus. Come the fuck on 2020! How much more piling on can we take?

    Hang in there Maddie. We can’t lose the queen of the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Im can see why you get worked up over politics. Between Chuck and Nancy..I just read today Pelosi, Schumer blast $916B White House coronavirus relief proposal. At some point they have to take one and except it. Or the other side won't do any!!!!! Jesus Christ hennies. And Biden will most likely want to do his own once in too. So just give in and fucking pass one.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!