Thursday, December 10, 2020

AFTERNOON DELIGHT

If you think your Mistress went and had an afternoon delight and is going to spill sordid details, then you might as well leave now. Heavens knows, I would love to be able to tell you I ripped the clothes off of and had hot sex with my lumbersexual neighbor, or the Lad popped in to surprise me and we tore the bedroom up, but alas... it isn't. No , this has to do with Bouvier, my ever faithful squirrel who I think might be even having more sex then me!!! It sure looked that way when I happened upon the kitchen windows today. Doesn't he know he'll spoil the food?  And has the nerve to flaunt his antics right in my face yet. Or they could be just cuddling, or it could be Bouvier and one of it youngsters, which I doubt. Whatever it was it was so cute to see. 
Later in the afternoon when I came home from the market, I peered out and he was sunning on the pavement. I took pity and thought maybe he deserved a second round of nuts. Hell, at least someone is having sex.
When I went back out to take him a almond or two,  I must have interrupted his dirt bath. I always think it's funny to watch them do this. Squirrels and the like will often enjoy dirt baths where they find a soft spot of dirt, lay down in it, and roll around in it, kicking their legs, pulling themselves in circles , and finishes with a leap and shake. This process helps them to remove parasites.
 
But my extent of an afternoon delight was making a big double batch of my homemade granola.  And when it's roasting in the oven ,by damned does it smell good! It's great to eat with milk, but also wonderful on ice cream and in yogurt.

The Casa Granola

In a tin foil roasting pan:
2lbs Rolled oats
2C Wheatena
1C Powder milk
2C Wheat germ
1/2 C Brown Sugar
1TSP Salt
1Lb Bag of coconut
1Lb Sliced Almonds

Mix these ingredients well. Then mix in 3/4C canola oil, 1/4 C honey, 1/2C maple syrup, 1/2 C water,  2TSP vanilla

Oven should be set at 300 degrees. Place in oven for 3 to 4 hours. Stir every half hour. Once the granola mixture is golden brown take out and cool. Once cool,  mix in some raisins or dried cranberries. If I'm giving some out, I will put it in mason jars,  and add around the neck of the jar some twine to tie a bow and gift tag. Makes an excellent gift for neighbors, friends and family. but if I'm greedy, I place in a large air tight container, and enjoy. And I didn't share any with Bouvier!

32 comments:

  1. your granola sounds dee-lish! and bouvier is a little ham!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And he has no idea how much joy he brings me.

      Delete
  2. Thanks! That sounds heavenly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get it, Bouvier! SOMEBODY has to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a healthy snack for such a healthy boy! My word, good thing you keep feeding Bouvier. Sounds like he needs all his strength just to keep up! Were that the way for all of us. Well, by spring we'll all be back in the swing (and sling?). Fingers crossed. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a bird feeder out the back slider and we enjoy watching the birds.
    Stay Safe and Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bouvier asked me to tell you that he doesn't appreciate a Peeping Mistress when he bumps uglies with his new girlfriend, who is fun because she's super slutty. I wish I had a lumbersexual neighbor.

    Love,
    Janie, also fun because I'm super slutty

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know Mistress, that squirrel is one his way to being a full fledged pet. That amazes me! But you know I'm going to have to try this granola. We often eat a granola of some sort instead of a huge breakfast. I don't think I have ever thought to make my own.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!!!! HOW DO YOU SEE THESE THINGS!!!!! That is so cute the two together, you caught their moment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pictures had me melting.... I think your going to convert my on to squirrels. But could he have just a tad of the granola?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like someone needs a video call?!?!?!?! Love the squirrels... so cute. There probably cuddling.

    But that granola...you know I'm LOVING that. Thanks for posting that recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't lie that granola looks delish!!!!!!!

    But Mistress....your about one plum short of reaching Little Edie Beale status.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had me at the first pictures!!!! I have often seen squirrels do that in the ground and just assumed they must have been crazed! But those picture are so cute. I bet their siblings.

    And that granola looks nice and tasty...and healthy. Where does the gin come in?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just shared this post with SG. You make us both smile. Can’t wait for you to get some afternoon delight that’s not granola based. But not as much as you I’m sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a major part of why I posted the recipe...sounded like something you two might like.

      Delete
  14. Hahaha I did think about sex with the Afternoon Delight thing, but hey.
    And Bouvier is adorable! Squirrels are a riot.
    Your granola sounds delish. Love granola and yogurt. Yum!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some easy to make too! And I did find out that Bouvier will indeed eat the granola.

      Delete
  15. Listen for the pitter patter of little squirrel paws in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awwwww.... He's as adorable as you! Just makes you want to grab and cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do actually have a friend that recused a baby squirrel and she has it still in the house till this day. I would have never survived in the wild again....and it is inseparable from her.

      Delete
  17. As fun and enticing as it would have been to her the details of ripping your lumbersexuals neighbors clothes off...this was a great post. It looks like the two are snuggling together on the branch.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is adorable...I bet their lovers. Nothing like some afternoon lovin"

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love squirrels, even though an ex referred to them as tree rats. My current partner makes his own granola also, but not as many ingredients or as big a batch. Yummy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother is appalled by my love of squirrels.

      Delete
  20. Yes, have to too noticed the squirrels are getting more then us??? This post made me melt today. After a week of moving I need some Mistress time today. And where's my granola?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw, you can't go wrong with a Bouvier post!
    In that last few seconds of the video, I think Bouvier might be thinking: "How come I only get this almond when there's that massive tray of granola??"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it's in the oven, quite frankly, I'm shocked to find him not sitting on the window sill. He is so cute though isn't he?

      Delete
  22. The pictures of the squirrel conjured up a memory of watching the Johnny Deep version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with my then 4 year old niece. It was the scene where Veruca was dragged off by squirrels. My niece was so freaked out that she never watched the movie again. She is now 15 and still says she won't watch the movie again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO!!!! Thats great story!!!! That was my squirrels plan for my world domination plan had trump won. The squirrels were going to go down to DC, by the thousands and carry him out and drop him in a pit!!!!! Don't underestimate squirrels in numbers. I of course loved that scene.

      Delete
  23. OMG Bouvier is too cute! I also love granola, but ever since I've had my recent dental work I worry I might need more work done if I eat any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you put it in milk or in yogurt will will soften up if that helps.

      Delete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!