Monday, December 14, 2020

MOOD BOARD

A nice warm and mild weekend we had here, but looks like winter returns later this week with cooler temps. This time of year is usually my busiest time of the year. Work would normally be crazy, long hours. I'd be doing many social things like crazy, the regular 3-4 Christmas parties would be happening, and Id be readying to have my usual 4-5 guest in on New Years Eve with full menu, and then again on New Years Day.  I have to say, with exception to being laid off  work and having a retail free season , which was nice...the first time in 28 years....I did miss seeing many of my friends or having various friends or neighbors in for a cup of cheer. The only neighbor I've had in is my lumbersexual neighbor, and only because he can be loner-ish, and he works by himself. He's a tree expert for a company that deals with ailing plants and trees, and offers many tree services too. He may be the only one in for a social distant dinner one night sometime after Christmas...but I did recently make him some bread. The thing I missed the most, was my annual  pilgrimage to NYC with my old team to view all the other department store windows, besides our own. Plus we got to see and would meet with David Howey and his team at Bergdorf Goodman. The windows still went through this year, but with most stores being closed in NYC for a few months, it hurt the design, especially at Bergdorf's, whose windows take a whole year to execute. As a regular reader will tell you, that post was a tradition for me to feature them here every year. Many of the store windows I hear were not quite as elaborate as years previous, but heard Bergdorf's were still  pretty amazing, but definitely more simple, considering it's Bergdorf's. I was only shocked to hear no store did any kind of ode to Front line responders. One could have a field day with that! My friend who lives in the city did take some pictures for me and emailed me, which was so nice of him. So this year, my own decorating and the few houses I do work for, was my fun when it comes to playing in display. And as I stated,  glass balls make me happy, as seen from yesterday's post.... especially when stacked in vases and such. One year, I'd love to do one of these trees. My current mood board...with some of my own balls....

Happy Monday All! 
And remember ...handle the balls with care!

23 comments:

  1. so many varieties of shiny brite ornaments! my sister has all the parental ornaments (the bitch). ALL BALLS should be handled with care! except for donald dump's - his should be kicked hard repeatedly and often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those long sticky things look appetising... I mean the eclairs. Of course. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a tree (haven't in years), but I love all your baubles and such. And you know what? You have inspired me. So much so that tomorrow I'm going to the garden centre next door to buy some of the baubles that I've coveted for the last two or three years. I'm going to find a nice bowl or somesuch and display them with the pine cones that I collected last month.

    Then all I'll need to find is one of those Yule logs that you have there. Maybe two...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how nice! I would love to see your balls in an arrangement dear. Some year, I could probably skip the tree. I really like the little trees placed about and bowls of balls everywhere.

      And a yule log thrown in is always good for extra measure.

      Delete
    2. Well, I got some. I went a bit overboard and spent just over £100 (!!!) so I'm definitely going to do something with them now. On Thursday - my day off - I'll find a suitable receptacle or two, take some photos and pop them on the blog for you.

      Delete
    3. You spent £100 on balls? That's the going rate down the 'Dilly... Jx

      Delete
    4. There were so many. And they were so big! And so beautiful. And...

      It was an accident, okay?!

      Delete
  4. Yesterdays post was my mood board. But this is pretty too. And I love how the Adventures in Eating goes into the well hung man in the next shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loves it!
    I think vintage xmas ornaments are absolutely fab.
    I kinda followed your advice and did some greens. And helped my one manfriend with his xmas stuff! Yay for inspo!

    XOXO

    P.S. I'm gonna need the gentlemen in the B&W photos to report for duty, btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!!!! I would love to see them. Will you be showing them? If not maybe you can email them. I bet they turned out cute. And what this manfriend? Is that code for straight man?

      Delete
  6. Yes, yes... handle with care. To not do so can cost one an entire summer at the prairie. Hey, sorry that things are so different this year... not that different can't be just as much fun. Glad you are putting your best foot forward and finding a way to bring cheer. Thanks for improvising with the holiday show... pity Pam didn't put in an appearance, as I know how she likes to put on quite a show in front of any window. She's probably passed out under a plastic reindeer on someone's front lawn. (You should check on that...) Kizzes. Chin up. Spread some holiday cheer - the way Pam spreads her legs - far and wide (allegedly).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam is more likely to be passed out sleeping in a church nativity somewhere.

      Delete
  7. Love how you got the christmas ball laid out. It sure a strange year.
    Coffee is on and Stay Safe

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have very pretty balls.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Scarlet. I think by the sounds of it, they have inspired Mr.DeVice.

      Delete
  9. My my! All those balls - and a pussy to boot! (Not literally, of course).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't resist the critters, they were so cute.

      I hope all is well with you dear Raybeard. We are to possibly be getting clobbered with out first big snow Wednesday evening into Thursday. We may just have a white Christmas. This coming off of three very mild days in the 60 degrees. And even better, out grand ass I do believe is done. He's has exhausted any and all avenues. Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!!

      Delete
  10. This post is beautiful!!! I have to admit is does seem rather odd to not be seeing all the holiday windows on here this year. But then....its been a odd year.

    We'd rather enjoyed your house better anyhow! And i can tell here what balls are yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do miss seeing photos of your displays. I can imagine the tribute you could've done...would've been grand! But, I do like what you've done here. (Is that Buster I see peeking from behind the chair?) But, honestly, I cannot believe you let the houseboys lounge around like that. Don't they have work to do? I mean, if not, send them over here - maybe that way we'd get some decorations done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems I have at least one thing that always needs done!!!

      No not Buster...but he's coming later this week in an appearance.

      Delete
  12. When you decorate other homes, do you use your own "stash" or do you come up with the designs from the owner's "stash".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No JM, they generally have all they need, they just have me come and use what they have, but they are open to suggestions if I give them. One home I do, uses all natural elements like real tree, garlands, wreaths. They spend a fortune on it! It also has other plants in as well. I will generally pop in to tend to any trimming of dried pieces or major watering for them.

      Delete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!