Wednesday, December 9, 2020

POUTINE

 
While Drag Race is all fun and glitz most of the time now, it's still the hometown queens that have my soft spot. They are not as well known as the mainstream queens, but they are well known in their community, and are probably more important to keeping drag going as a vital part of local gay communities. During this time I really miss going to local shows. One of those queens is the fabulous and bawdy Poutine Levine! Poutine has not been doing drag long, and is the first queen that is really bringing drag to the  Niagara Falls area of Canada regularly,  not to mention, one of Ontario's newest drag queens....and she  is bringing the glam to I might add. For only doing drag a brief time she certainly has a repertoire of looks to say the least....and she brings a feel of the old showgirl from those old western saloons.... tough, bawdy and wisecracking snark,  with the right amount of spicy, raciness, and suggestive shows. I can also get behind a queen who can do more then lip-synch. I think one of these days her and I need to get together over a few cock-a-tails, and have some indecent talk. But her looks are just striking.

16 comments:

  1. The National Dish of Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All her looks are fabulous... but that last one! Nailed it. Wow. And I love a wise cracking queen. Shoot from the hip, honey. How fun. I wonder if he's as much fun off stage as he appears to be on? Enquiring minds, dear... enquiring minds. Makes me want to write a play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gather so Upton! I bet he's a trip off or on stage, and yes, these looking so Juno Birch would say are STUNNING.

      Delete
  3. I've never seen a drag queen. My life sucks.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come here and hang out with me...Ill get in full drag for you!

      Delete
    2. I'll be there in 10 minutes.

      Delete
  4. What style! And I love the name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl rocks the fash-shone.
    And that name! It's everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bawdy and racy? Sign me up!
    Local queens are fantastic. I am one that cannot wait until the pandemic is over so I can go stuff their corsets with some dollar bills. Goddess knows gay bars and Drag performers are gonna need a boost.
    That first look is soooo good...

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the bars and clubs survive. Here is Philly three staple bars have sets up go fund me's pages to stay open.

      Delete
  7. She's perfect!!! I agree with you: More than lip-sync. Yep. Love that. The looks are great, too. Local drag is wonderful and I can't wait for this pandemic to be over...a friend of mine was ***just*** ready to open his new club when this virus came along. He's a funny guy, anyway...but when he's doing his drag shows...baby, he not only sings, he's a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep the local queens are really a holding force to keeping together a gayborhood, I can tell you that. I hope you friend will be able to open.

      Delete
  8. Simply fabulous dawling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That name alone!!!!! Perfect! And she looks like a queen not to be trifled with. Much luck to her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! I love a good dish of poutine!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!