Tuesday, August 11, 2020

GRANDE DAME

While New York and the east coast pioneered drag culture in the US, Manchester is the UK’s epicenter for all the spectacular costumes, gender-warping, makeup transformations, outlandish cabaret, lewd lip-sync performance, and of course, fabulous shade. It's the one city right now that I feel is a hotbed of fabulous drag. Narcissa Nightshade is one of those queens. Before the pandemic, she could be seen preforming at the Cha Cha Boudoir in her weekly show, with all it's raunch and wise cracking.  Narcissa is a self-proclaimed "stone cold bitch who likes hard drinking, big dicks and trouble’, sounds like your Mistress doesn't it....but Narcissa Nightshade brings shady comedy to the stage and to her social platforms. Recent twitter post highlights include: ‘I have lived on chicken salad for weeks and I’m still a fat cunt.' Manchester’s lovable ice queen was a former Kiki queen winner and Narcissa is a formidable lady - eyes so sharp they could cut glass, but she’ll also help you sew a dress.  She should be recognized for her sheer talent, effort and just revolutionary plight for UK Drag. Her other weekly show I would love to see one day is Legs and Bacon, a gay brunch and bottomless fizz. Hosted by the gorgeous, dynamic and down right sexual duo Narcissa Nightshade and Donna Trump. Expect to laugh, cry, dance on your chair and probably make a friend for life. Bottomless fizz throughout. These are my kind of bitches

9 comments:

  1. I love Manchester queens! Love her name too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh
    She’s flawless! That MUG! I love a queen that can put together a fantastic costume, can paint a face and on top of that has wit to spare. I, gonna hunt her on YouTube (and twitter, natch) right away!
    You always deliver the goods, Maddie!

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ru should think about an all UK race held here in the states. How fun would that be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's amazing ...I'm getting all kinds of vibes from her ...Old Hollywood ...Old Royalty ....old Adele!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Me neither. Must be a very, very localised scene. I've never heard of her... Jx

      Delete
  6. WOW!!! Im getting a huge Adele vibe in the one picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, bring the drama! I would love to see this one in action. I bet she cut a beyotch! Love that shade... and a sharp tongue. Thank you for highlighting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Certified queen! 👏🏻💥

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!