Sunday, August 23, 2020

USUAL SUSPECTS

The look one gets when you've had a tame squirrel for the last 7 years or so,  and you go away, and come back, and get the where in hell were you look!

Many of you man know, that Bouvier is the Offical Squirrel of the Casa du Borghese. How we got close, I could tell you. He was after my macadamias one day and never left!!! To be honest, it did take time, and now it's to the point where when I go out in the morning, he hears the door, and coming running for his nuts. Usually either peanuts or hazelnuts, which squirrels love even more. Im pretty sure he is a she, but the name Bouvier sticks for some reason, and she has two little ones chasing each other like what seems all day around the grounds.

It's the least I can do, since Bouvier is my vessel to the masses of the squirrel population ready to invade DC in case you know who gets reelected. If you live in that area, you may want to vacate after Nov 2! For a mass invasion of animals will be coming by land, water and air!!! Bwahahahahahahahaha hhhaaa ha!!!!!

Bouvier's bright idea of a hiding place.

I know some people don't like squirrels, but I find them awfully mischievous and comical. And are great parents. Of course, Bouvier isn't quite as bold as Nocturne. He has been demanding of late, with two days of going window to window looking to see what room I'm in. If he finds me he taps on the window, to tell me to get off my ass and fill the feeders and sill. I'm only too happy to giv in. I mean look at him and that diabolical look! My neighbor Brice says he is my Dival to my Maleficent. He is HUGE. But boy are they intelligent. 

And yes...the mother fox and pups are still here. I caught this one pup after a frog the other day. And one night while sitting out, I went to come in the door and froze. A huge toad was sitting on the steps and I refused to walk pass it, as I'm deathly afraid of frogs and toads. Well about 20 minutes later the vixen spotted it, and carried if off, no doubt to feed the pups. Whew! See, watch out DC. My minions are coming.......

33 comments:

  1. you can tame the pants off anyone, human OR animal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heart melt alert!!!!! Those tow vids made me melt...I had no idea fox were so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh MY!!!!!! Yes, I don't thing I'd mess with Nocturne either. But the thing that tickled me was the squirrels paw on your finger!!!!!! I loves these post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is adorbs. Of COURSE the Mistress has a magical menagerie. I'm just surprised they don't talk... much. Oh, what tales they could tell! Perhaps it is in their best interest to remain silent and keep the casa's secrets! Gawd knows they must see EVERYTHING that happens there. Glad you're home, dear. The squirrels aren't the only ones who missed you... P.S. We like nuts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I eagerly await the "Dr Dolittle Invasion" of DC with interest... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suppose Thumper is around somewhere. You have a gift! Isn't there an Irish Drag Queen who is a veterinarian? You could be her ass istant. (Oh, that darn keyboard)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know of many Irish Drag Queen but don't know any with veterinarian skill. I will have to search that out.

      Delete
  7. Don't send Bouvier, the Republican nuts are poisonous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. If I got my way my, Bambi will arrive in the form of a mini air stream!!!!

      Delete
  9. Henny...just watch she doesn't bit your nuts!!! Who doesn't love squirrels???? I love squirrels. Course Im squirrely.

    Just found your blog henny, and what a little treasure trove of reading. Loving all the drag and filth. If you need additional help with your invasions, your wish will be my command gurl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the crazy antics of the Casa Miss Mack! Your sure to mind soon Im don't play with a full set of marbles some days.

      Delete
  10. Awww I love your little tame squirrel friend!! ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those fox are SO ADORABLE!!!!!! And that is pretty amazing that Bouvier has gotten so tame. Just give us in DC warning so we can get out of here!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The peanut in the light cracked me up!!!!!! She is a bit mischievous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved seeing Bouvier! I had to look up what her lifespan probably is. I hope she's around for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These photos are wonderful. To get a squirrel to take peanuts from your hand!
    Of course, I love the foxes.
    A heart lifting post. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can see you yet walking Bouvier and a fox down the street on a leash!!! You got some nice footage this time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pics and videos. And the little pup that sticks his head out at the end as if to say, “what have you got there?”

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your nuts are always in the middle of the story. I can send in the few birds from the south of the city, the first waive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right, they do seem to be embroiled in the middle of something.

      Delete
  18. Seven years? That's amazing!

    I have my own "Bouvier" but we've only had one season together. He's bold. Yesterday, he walked right up to a cat and looked him in the eye. Neither one of them budged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dearest Mistress, where in hell have you been????? Aren't they funny!!!!!! I suspect poor Bouvier won't be around much longer as there shelf life is between 6-12 years. Watch me get stuck with pup one season hand raising.

      Delete
  19. OMG Maddie!
    The pics and the videos are fantastic! Seven years, huh? Bouvier is a faithful little friend. Also, how adorable is the pic with the nuts?

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he knows where his bread is buttered. He also like this biscuits with almond butter on them.

      Delete
  20. Social distancing be damned! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even Mj made a veiled exception. I sure hope she used some sanitizer before she hugged me.

      xoxo- to you Norma!

      Delete
  21. We have a large fir tree home to squirrels.
    They have their own feeder on the deck
    full of peanuts and, of course, they love
    the bird seed.
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must do a update. This morning hadn't been out yet. I look out the kitchen window and Bouvier is hanging by branch getting ready to do a flying leap to the sill. I don't know she's survive that fall. I took peanuts out right away.

      Delete
  22. I used to hand feed the squirrels when I was a kid. Loved them. So, yours is adorable to me. We don't have any critters like that around here. Not even any delightful birds. Well, Hummingbirds, but they aren't adventurous enough to get close. I'd put out seed, but the pigeons here are a real problem. And the Grackles are mean and chase everything else away. We do have a stray cat (already caught, neutered) we've started calling Mooch. He comes and sits on our patio each morning and evening, and waits for something to eat. We can't deny him, of course...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love Hummingbirds and have tried everything to get them. Part of the issue i their is not enough colorful flowering plants and flowers here. They are attached to color I believe. A friend of mine once had one land on their shoulder. I would have loved to see that. Mooch the Cat...I like that.

      Delete
  23. Oh my god, thanks for sharing this. My heart is a few degrees warmer!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The look on Bouvier's face while you were filming her: "Christ, what's a squirrel got to do to get a little privacy while eating?" OR was it: "You'd better have another one to hand as I'm nearly done with this one!"

    The little fox cub "playing" with the frog reminded me of Cedplop, only far less annoying!

    Thanks for these, Maddie - A lovely calming post after a horrid day "at" work.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!