Wednesday, December 21, 2022

PENGUINS INVADE

 

This year, the floral shop did windows again. The Dame's other half, the Lord Russ, heard what we were doing, he thought we were crazy. But he doesn't understand visual things. You see when we did the window last year with the elves, we already knew what the windows this year would be...a penguin theme. While not at the shop on a regular business anymore, the Dame will still call to brainstorm ideas and get help with me, since my replacements don't seem to get the fun and creative process either. This year's windows turned out rather well and very fun!!!! The theme was a group of penguins split between the two windows, while preparing to build an igloo. We also had the same guy from Long Island build the mechanical penguins. They unveiled right after Thanksgiving...and have gotten some good exposure on the social media outlets and more than a few have commented they're the best windows in downtown Harrisburg. The kiddies seem to enjoy them too. Needless to say, we have already discussed next year's windows and already elements are being made for the Valentine and spring windows. We'll miss these when they come out. The elves from last year's windows were used again this year in Hershey, at the Hershey Gardens, with the theme tree the shop did in the conservatory, called Santa's Letters...a tree covered in letters from kids all over the tree with the elves used at the base of the tree. It too was a huge hit, even made the local news.


The snowflakes on the back wall even spin! 

34 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE the penguin windows, especially the penguin roasting marshmallows and the one with the blueprints! And those spinning snowflakes! Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. krayolakris12/21/2022

    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating. I've watched the vid 5 times. My fav is the penguin reading the plans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our flock approves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't even occur to me at first, but then I knew you'd love these!!!!

      Delete
  5. Penguins are nice. I like penguins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12/21/2022

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    These windows are so much fun! You should be very proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12/21/2022

    Pat Lark says,
    Just wonderful. You're so very creative! And to have pieces of your last year's display at Hershey? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized while watching the Christmas Story last night, the same elves are used in the opening scene of the Higbee's Store Windows!!!

      Delete
  8. I'll bet you did this in heels, too, Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in LOVE with these windows. SG is said to be descended from penguins. One of this grandmother’s former homes in Bergen, Norway, is now the penguin house for the Bergen Aquarium (well the site of the penguin house). But back to these stunning and happy windows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a pretty cool story of his grandmother's place being a penguin house. You'll have to show San Geraldo the post.

      Delete
    2. I did this morning. He loved it. And I love sharing your creations and inspirations. He's a huge admirer.

      Delete
  10. Oh my God, those are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12/21/2022

    Tundra Bunny here... I LOVE this window display, especially the penguins and that they're working off a blueprint to build an igloo! I'm also glad there are no polar bears or other north pole residents mixed in with the penguins -- that drives me nuts! Paper Moon Flowers should win a prize for this display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blueprint cracked me up! Yep...straight up penguins!!!!! Though I do adore Polar Bears.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous12/22/2022

      Tundra here again... Oh, Maddie, the stories I could tell you about my adventures with polar bears! I came face to face with one once and survived to tell the tale, thanks to a guardian angel in the form of an Arctic wolf. Polar bears are definitely best adored from afar, LOL!

      Delete
  12. That's beautiful! The penguins are perfect. I applaud your creativity.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super Fun... love penguins and this is yet another feather in your cap, dear. And those elves! I might have mentioned that I was stuck in a tiny house in a mall for two seasons with a bunch of mechanical elves? True. They haunt my nightmares. Take THAT David Sedaris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haunt your nightmares? I was going to send some hot dwarfs over to your place so you could have an orgy with them!!!!

      Delete
  14. You guys amaze me. One because this is just a floral shop and 2, is your mind process of coming up with these things. What a clever Christmas window that's non-traditional. And what's not to like about penguins they're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to bounce ideas with the Dame.

      Delete
  15. Those are Beyond adorable and yet so peaceful. What blows my mind is what all is going on that window for such a small space.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE the penguins!!! What great windows.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You creative types always blow my mind. These are so freakin adorable. And outside of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are the best windows in town henny! They put a smile on my face every time I walk past!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Santa approves from the North Pole I hear. Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The windows are amazing!!! Very inspiring for a Christmas window.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You creative wizards never ever cease to amaze me….jaw dropping perfection!! Those peguins are so darn cute!!!! I noticed there is even a little campfire!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh so nice funny and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  23. On a trip to the zoo, too many years ago to count, my daughter (about 6 years old) tried to pat one and was most indignant when it bit her

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!