Monday, December 6, 2021

MOOD BOARD


The Yuletide bug bit me this weekend, as I had a holiday party to go to, and I admit it was great getting to see people I haven't seen in almost two years. It also gave me good excuse to finally break out new leather pants I hadn't wore yet, a thick turtleneck asymmetrical cut sweater, and biker boots.  Our host's house was downright stunning for the party, so come Sunday, I did do my holiday decorating, but scaled way back, since I'll only be at the Casa du Borghese one more, or two more weekends in December, so I couldn't see putting up my huge tree, but placed two small ones.  It will shock you I got my balls out and placed them all over the pied de terre. Between that, and catching up with Lumbersexual, which kids, he handled some of the balls too very nicely as he stopped over, was the whole weekend. I didn't expect a yule log. I required a good lie in today. While curating what I wanted to put out, as in decorations, not sex, I came across a little bottle of hand soap from a company called Michel Design Works. They specialize in body care products, paper goods and stationery, but it's the artwork the owner, Deborah Michel does that I love. She is always inspired by French and English art from the 18th and 19th centuries, and her laying of multiple antique designs and her vivid color, and often whimsical look make her products recognizable. Her "Christmas Party" and "Snow Geese" always make me happy. I'm in a whimsical mood today, surprisingly, after some terribly bad news I received Saturday. More later.

38 comments:

  1. I thought I was gonna see "balls out."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS Love the Roz header!

      Delete
    2. I love the header too, but I think it might be a young Gina Lollobrigida. But I not sure.

      Delete
    3. I believe you are correct, dear Agnes - a Signorina who is (remarkably) still with us, at the grand old age of 94... Jx

      Delete
    4. Yes you two are correct it is indeed the famous Signorina Lollobrigida!

      Delete
  2. I love the art too, make me feel warm and happy. How can I ever eat beef again after this post? I do hope you alright, I hope the sad news isn't too much and all is well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a very surprising passing in the family Agnes.

      Delete
  3. That second to last image is too cute for words. I love your Monday boards. How nice also the Lumbersexual brought you a Yule log!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the artwork. I get a lot of my napkins from Michel. I love their designs for their products. And is that who Mistress hiding behind that tree???

    I hope all is well with you...sad news is not good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun and cute mood board today!!!! Sad news? Well, I always like to say, 'fake it till you make it.' If you force yourself to put on a smile, often a better mood follows...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to read that you had terribly bad news.

    Why would anyone be shocked you had your balls out and placed them all over the pied à terre?

    I want to see a picture of the clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute cows. (((Mads))). I'm backing away for the rest of the year, I think. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rest of the year?!?!?! You got another man hidden in there somewhere?

      Delete
  8. Boots, leather britches, an' dat ass!? A visual holiday feast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the way you think! I second that visual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Why...you two! I do rather love serving a feast....

      Delete
  9. Wait, leather pants?
    Why aren't the leather pants (with you in them) in the mood board? Why?

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inquiring minds want to know. Spill, dear.

      Delete
    2. Well, they sure didn't leave anything to the imagination. I would hate to give Duchess Deedles and Agnes a scare! But they were actually comfortable.

      Delete
  10. That person inside a Christmas tree ... Great for a costume, but HOW?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a little surprised we didn't see any jingling balls, but this was a great mood board.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll probably never eat beef again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry you've had bad news. I love e everything else about this post, though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the greeting cards! And... any mood you're in, dear. Kizzes. (Love the new header.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your mood board is spot-on... I'm feeling more "Christmassy" today since we got our first major snowfall and -37 Celsius windchill last night! Hell does freeze over occasionally, so hang in there and take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my lands...keep the snow there and the cold. If it gets cold like that here I and the houseboys will all be in my bed for warmth. Of course.

      Delete
  16. Excellent mood board! I find the motel sign actually pretty cool as I love seeing neon signs of all types. And I know that isn't you behind that tree. Otherwise your "tree topper" would be sticking right up and out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've been hanging around Cali Boi to much me thinks.

      Delete
  17. I got a big kick out of the cow pictures!

    And yes, we need the picture in the leather pants. I can't imagine they left anything to the imagination?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Talking of Christmas....seen this? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-59545622

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear. Now I have seen everything!!!!

      Delete
  19. Quite a number of bovines. Moove along.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I went to dollywood this weekend And they decorated really nice for Christmas. Definitely helped make it feel like Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Adam!!!!! Thanks for stopping in. I have never been to Dollywood, but I'd go just in hopes I would catch a glimpse of Dolly. I hear it is a real fun time. When my cousin lived in Chattanooga TN, I almost took an additional two days to go, but then didn't.

      Delete
  21. Bears and Balls and Cows, what a delightful mood.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely pictures to get us all in the mood for Christmas.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!