Tuesday, December 21, 2021

ICESIS

Yes henny, we got a newly crowned queen of the North last week on Canda's Drag Race...and my choice was the correct one as Icesis Couture took the crown, lock stock and barrel. Going in, I thought she would sweep the stage and she did just that. I couldn't be more pleased, and I dare say she is one of the most deserving winners, and one of the most creative and talented of the whole franchise since we saw Sasha Velour and Utica. Icesis...her style, craftsmanship, and execution was flawless and jaw dropping from week to week. I dare she is in the top 10 best queens to come off this show. The Ottawa based queen-along with Kendall Gender and Pythia battled it out, but in the finale when Icesis rounded the corner, I was like bitch got this!!! Icesis was born and raised in Ottawa with family roots in El Salvador. Her drag career so far spans 14 years across Canada and the US. Her versatility is limitless, crossing boundaries and genres, making a stage presence that is hard to forget. I remember her making an appearance once in New York, and this queen, the moment her heels hit the stage, the passion, the drama, and the effort is very evident showcasing creativity and humor, with her signature style of beauty, glamour and over the top fashion. From glamorous show stops, to club kid cool, you never know what you're going to get. Icesis's love for the art of drag and the creative outlet it provides is what fuels her to keep evolving and pushing the boundaries of the art. I was closely watching and scrutinizing the judges this season, and I think they did fairly judge and crowned the right winner. Though I'm still not sold on the judges, or Brooklyn as the host, but that's another story. She did at least seem to loosen up. But I don't think we will see Icesis disappear anytime soon. Bitch already dropped her first single.

After five international seasons of extremely well executed, entertaining, and presented queens, on Canada, Holland, Spain,  Uk and the current Italia, all I can say is the season 14 queens will need to step up their puss's. More on that next week.

26 comments:

  1. Icesis' first and last ensembles are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that first wintry ice goddess look! So quintessentially Canadian!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She got some very coollooks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh she was great!
    And bitch can deliver a mean lipsynch for her LIFE. It was a great top three. You are right. The American girls are gonna have to step that kitty up.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially since the season 14 queens...are huh...not sure the words i want...but the season is either gonna be good or a train wreak.

      Delete
  5. Gosh, that top pic...angry much? But, I only get that impression because not a single smile in the bunch. Smile, hun, you just won!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Solstice! Means we're on the way back to Nekkid Summer Days.

      Delete
    2. Whkattk, I think you'd have had to watch, Icesis was actually pretty funny and comical, but the smug face is part of Icesis's schtick. Correct me Mistress If I'm wrong?

      Delete
    3. I agree. She was great in the season. And great sense of humor and backstory.
      The last look was a bride, but with a Marilyn Manson twist. Super cool.

      XoXo

      Delete
    4. No, your correct Cali! Pat- she was a hoot. I would put back some drinks and a night of fun with her, and I don't do that with stick in the muds.

      Delete
    5. Well, then...stand me in the corner, corrected. 😎

      Delete
    6. Naked, of course. 😁

      Delete
  6. Every look is a revelation. And that afghan outfit! The video is pure quality. I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That blue outfit with the blonde hair made me think of KKK

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gold outfit with the tassels is wild.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved Icesis from the beginning too. I love that Icesis is a PERFORMER. She always manages to be pure entertainment even without the crazy splits and dips, that every queen SEEMS to think we need to see. YAWN! Her timing is 3 times more impactful than any split or dip I’ve seen on any season of the show.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Canada loves their lipsync assassins and I do too. First Priyanka, now Icesis, I think they've more than proved their capabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shit HENNNY, once she took the stage in episode one, this wasn't even a competition.

    Icesis Couture is one of the most well rounded queens of any season I've seen with exception to Sasha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Anymore, if you are friends with WAY TOO many drag queens, or are in the know of drag performers, most seasons right of way, you can almost peg the top five anymore.

      Delete
  12. Icesis is literally the whole package!
    She is a LIP SYNC ASSASSIN
    She KILLED the DESIGN challenges
    She gives good ENTERTAINMENT AND COMEDY. I mean have u seen her roast?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome to the club Ms Icesis!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Icesis being in the top 3 is so CORRECT. What a queen! Couldn't ever take our eyes off her when she was on the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, other than the face, don't pigeon hole her... (unless she likes that sort of thing.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was living for her Nurse Look. But they all had my jaw dropped.

      Delete
  16. Does any they Drag Queen make there own customs or not? I think this weekend I'm going on You tube to see a show.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Dora on this show, most of the ensembles are all made ahead of time if they are selected to be on the show. Then it's a mad dash to get them completed in time for the filming to begin. Many queens do indeed make their own wardrobe, but others have good friends who are costume designers.

      Delete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!