Thursday, December 23, 2021

CHRISTMAS' PAST

 

Well, the five-day yuletide weekend has commenced!!! Work was done yesterday, and I had a ball at the farmers market today. Boy, it was PACKED! Everybody getting things for holiday meals. I stopped to get seafood for tomorrow tonight, I am cooking dinner for the Mother , the Lad and myself...a lobster tail dinner with skewered shrimp, and sides...a relaxing night. And everyone was in a good festive mood too it seemed. I had several flashbacks of Christmas past, when I came across several pictures in old crumbling photo albums. I thought I'd share some of them.  The earliest memory was when I got my first dog. I can remember getting up that morning and heading to the den at the crack of dawn to see the swag left by the man in red. To my surprise he had come. As I was in awe at the tree on the floor taking inventory of the received gifts, it was not aware to me that a baby dachshund was dashing like mad under the paper wrappings piling up. My father finally asked if I see anything running around the paper and trimmings...and I did finally see it...a little brown head peeking out of the pile of paper all over. She came over and licked my knee, and it was love at first site. The toys were history.


I loved Poochie for the next 16 years. Poochie was all I could say at the time. 

I went to see Santa every year when I was little.  I think this was two years later, when I was still innocent and cherub like.  I have no idea what's in my hand.

I remember another Christmas, years later, when my grandmother took me to see Santa and I asked for a Barbie doll. Specifically, Western Barbie and her horse, Dallas, and if that wasn't possible, I'd settle for the Special Edition Couture Barbie all dressed in huge red gown and with updo. Should have seen the drag thing coming then. I was just enamored by fashion and well dressed and heeled ladies then, with elegant swank styled hair. I thought this is going to be a long shot. Well, when Christmas morning came...no Barbie or horse. But unlike Ralphie from a Christmas Story who wanted a BB gun, I wanted no parts, but my father saw different. He got me one. When I opened it up, I had no idea what it was, and was more concerned with where the hell the dolls were. When my grandmother showed up, she had not one, but two of the Barbie's and the horse! Days later, my father was determined to break me of playing with dolls and took me outside to have target practice. I wanted no parts, but went along to appease him. He had the talk about how boys played with cars and guns and Lincoln logs.... yawn. But I had a plan you see. After he showed me how to aim for the container targets, I thought I'd fix him. I aimed right pass the containers and shot a hole and shattered the neighbor's bedroom window! That was the end of the BB gun, and a proper queen was born!!!


And like me, how innocent are these faces? They could never get into trouble, right? Well, this Christmas about 8 years ago, and had to do with Buster Bolfig Borghese and my Mother's late dog Lady. The day before Christmas, the mother and I were out running errands to get provisions for the Christmas buffet at our place. On Christmas morning, my mother came in my room and asked if I had seen the two bags of rolls for sandwiches for the luncheon meats for the buffet.  I hadn't and said she must have put them in the pantry. Well, we both looked everywhere. It was then we noticed either dog was to be found. She said she left them on the dining room table. I went in and happened to see two empty ripped bags under the table, one chair partially pulled out, and the tablecloth also pulled to one side more than the other. Just then, mother finds me and said both dogs are still sleeping, both looked bloated as hell. Lady, more so than Buster. Needless to say, we then put it together that both dogs worked in cahoots to get the bread and consume it. Crafty little things! We did have a good laugh, especially when we saw them both blown up looking like footballs in their stomach. And neither one was active or begged for anything the rest of that whole day. It would be three years later the Buster and her current dog Lillith did the same thing again, in addition to cookies. I now knew Buster must have been the mastermind of both heists.

And the final story came from a running a red light one holiday season. I had just moved out on my own that year, and ran a yellow light, but turning red light as I entered the intersection. Busted. Once pulled over and my info handed to the officer, he asked if I was related to a Debra, who was indeed my aunt. Turns out he was a very good friend of hers and knew my other aunts, mother, and my grandmother as well. By time we were done, he had asked me out!!! A bit awkward, but he was cute! A week later, on the date, we hit it off, it was evident we had stuff in common, but we were more both sexually attracted than anything else. And of all days we finally ripped the clothes off each other was Christmas eve. Three rounds of sex. We then went about our day. It wasn't till that night at my mother's that I was running an hour late and arrived to low and behold see Officer Friendly sitting in the living room. PANIC! Turns out my youngest aunt had invited him at the last minute to dinner. And like me he was out. My grandmother, goddess rest her soul, said to him "This is my gay grandson Steven I was telling you about, I think you guys should talk, I bet you'll hit it off." Oh boy...little did they all know how earlier we hit off. I even had to try and not get hot when he sat next to time at the candlelight service at church that night, where his leg kept "bumping". It wasn't till two days after Christmas he came to the house again to shoot pool one night. Never mind we ended up on the pool table! I got two balls in the corner pocket. So there was that.

Now that was a fond memory. Such nice Christmas pasts....

Any for you?

58 comments:

  1. Have a great Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 💖💖💖🎄🎄🎄🎅🎅🎅⛄⛄⛄⭐⭐⭐

      Delete
  2. Christmas joys, Christmas toys and Christmas boys!!

    Have a Merry Merry, MM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's real nice when boys, toys and joys come as one!!!!

      Delete
  3. You're adorable. I want a time machine so I can be your Auntie Mame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl...my Auntie Mame? We're probably the same age!

      Delete
  4. Those were fun stories. We have to ask... did you ask him to show you his night stick? Or did he just whip it out? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Holiday, Maddie. Great stories. Next year I hope you tell a story how you avoided anal splinters from the Lumbersexual's wood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That photo of you with Poochie is just the cutest. Could the thing in your hand be a blow bubble thingie? Good on Grandma for the barbies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lord only knows what it was. Probably the little gift you got with seeing Santa

      Delete
  7. My earliest Christmas memory revolves around the 4 foot silver tinsel Xmas tree my Mom decorated every year in a different colour (i.e., silver and red, silver and blue, etc.) because we couldn't have a real tree due to my allergies. No indoor pets either, but my Dad had gotten me a little white bunny one spring when I was 6. By winter that year, I was worried that Frisky would freeze to death, but Dad built him a extra large hutch with a little "bedroom" attached at the back that had 3 solid walls, a shingled roof, chicken wire floor and a little opening to the main hutch for Frisky to access his feed and water. Then Dad put a layer of hay around the outside of the hutch and we banked snow on top of that. Dad assured me Frisky would be warm as toast and to reassure me, we visited Frisky on Christmas afternoon by digging out his little bedroom and I opened the little access door. There was Frisky, with thick white winter fur, snoozing away. He had rubbed some of his fur around the edges of his bedroom and I couldn't see his breath as it was so warm in there! After a couple minutes of snuggles, we put Frisky back into his little room and reinstalled the hay-snow insulation.

    Once out of university, I always managed to travel home to my parents' place for Christmas, no matter where I was working. I've flown out of the High Arctic and driven through too many blizzards to count, but the Christmas Eve 20 years ago still stands out in my memory. I was working and living in northern Saskatchewan and a friend of mine was driving home to the same city in Manitoba where my parents resided. I didn't own a vehicle at that time, so I jumped at her offer and we shared the 10 hour drive. Just a few miles from our destination, a deer jumped out of the ditch right in front of me and I only had a split-second to take my foot off the gas and brace for impact. Thankfully, neither my friend, her dog nor I were injured, but the impact completely bent the frame of her big Ford SUV and we could only exit by the passenger side door. The RCMP showed up a few minutes later and as I sat in the front seat with the officer to complete an accident report, I asked him if the deer was badly injured as he had not fired a shot when he investigated the scene. In a thick French Canadian accent, the RCMP officer replied, "No, my dear....dat deer, she exploded!" When I got back home to northern Saskatchewan, I walked into the local coffee shop and one of the Conservation Officers I worked with was there. He jumped up and exclaimed, "Hey, look who's back -- it's Bambi Killer!"... was my face red!

    I've really enjoyed following your blog this year, Mistress (or should I say Steven?). Have a happy Christmas and a healthy, prosperous 2022!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing those stories!!! My worst fear is hitting, err, I should say a deer coming out and hitting me too. I have tons of deer where I live in Bucks County. So we know to drive the back roads with care. Just last weekend when I arrived home, I was still in my car collecting my belongings when all of a sudden two deer sailed right over the hood of my parked car, ran through the courtyard, and proceeded to sail over a 5ft wood plank fence!!! I think I'd be distraught if a deer died from a accident with me, since I love animals so. But the Bambi Killer comment did make me chuckle! As did your recollection of the accent of the officer.

      And it's I thanking you for your visits! I always look forward to you popping in.

      Delete
  8. You were a cute little boy! I thought your Barbies vs BB gun story was great, but then you topped it (so to speak) with your Police Officer Friendly story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the very least, at least I didn't shoot my eye out.

      Delete
  9. Oh be still my heart! What a cute little boy. And the puppy. Oh lordy!

    I love these stories. The Christmases of my childhood weren't great but the Christmases with my own children were the best years of my life.
    The eldest two used to laugh at Rio as he always fainted when he came into the sitting room on Christmas morning and saw the presents! He's grown out of it now!
    Happy Christmas to you, your family and your readers. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your stories of Rio are the best! I surmise he may be the apple of your eye a pinch more?

      I hope you have a Happy Christmas too Christina.

      Delete
    2. Oh Maddie. I could never divulge it I have a favourite!

      All three of my children say one of the others is my favourite. I love them all dearly but Rio was a child I had after losing a baby boy so maybe, subconsciously I favour him. I would never admit it though! 😁😁

      Delete
  10. Special Edition Couture Barbie sounds very you. Sadly haute couture ain't what it used to be - bring back the fashions of the 50s - not that I was wearing it back in the day - a bit too young for couture, let alone haute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too loved the fashion for women of the 40's and 50's.

      Delete
  11. OMG! Be still my heart! What a cutie!!!!! And the stories are priceless. What a conniving and crafty queen you were and are!!!! the line "But I had a plan you see. After he showed me how to aim for the container targets, I thought I'd fix him. I aimed right pass the containers and shot a hole and shattered the neighbor's bedroom window!" HAD ME IN STICHES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was getting damn dolls he'll or high water!

      Delete
  12. Man, you were such a cutie, and you still are! Some things never change. It's great how the stories change over the years isn't it? I can just picture the dogs lying about bloated because I have seen it myself with my sisters dog who pulled that once.

    And Im betting you got more in the corner pocket then just two balls?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did rather seem taken with my pool stick.

      Delete
  13. I love all these stories, especially the doggie ones - I've had a dog steal the turkey carcass, and the same dog drank from peoples glasses whilst they slept in front of the TV. My dog knew how to celebrate Christmas.
    Here's to more corner pockets in 2022!
    Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trust you to get your way - whether it's Barbie dolls or dick! Clink, clink, sweetie! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well dear, I go with what I know best.

      Delete
  15. Those picaré absolutely adorable M
    Thanks for sharing, daahleenk.
    Have yourself a fantastic Holiday season.

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 💋💋💋🎄🎄🎄❤❤❤🎅🎅🎅

      Delete
  16. Oh do kiss and tell, Merry Christmas, may your packages be well packed

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the memories... can't wait for your memoir! My older brother and I got a BB gun for Xmas. He promptly shot me in the butt. A BB in the butt! (Shades of things to come!) Happy holidays, dear. Have the very best time. Wishing you well. Stay safe, stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't surprise me you got shot in the butt...buT am surprised it's by your brother!!!!! LMAO

      Delete
  18. I too love this private from the archives post! You and those pups are some damn adorable!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You were OF COURSE adorable. I love seeing these photos and reading about your memories. And, of course, the stories took a decidedly sexy turn. I have never been pulled over by a hot cop, nor, I’m pretty sure, a gay one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still think fondly and sort of a sense of a taken back when that happened. We a actually had two gay cops on the New Hope force. One was fire for giving men ultimatums when pulled over...if you know what im stepping in. Creep!

      Delete
  20. Whoever knew you could be (and look) so innocent?! Adorable!

    Just like others have shared, Buster's & Lady's (and Lilith's) scheming reminded me of something similar that Moom did one Christmas: SP and I had invited The Parents around and laid out a spread in the dining room, including a plate of cold meat. Well, needless to say, no one got any because Moomin snuck in there first and polished off the lot, leaving only a sparklingly licked-clean plate. At least she had the decency to look guilty!

    Your "run-in" with the law sounds, well, hot! Like something out of a Christmas rom-com.

    Merry Christmas, Mistress Maddie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bwahahahahahahaha, i don't think i ever heard the mistress and innocent in the same sentence.

      Delete
    2. Please I say I still look innocent...but the Lad says the skinny jeans say different.

      Happy Yuletide Season handsome!

      Delete
  21. A great day to take a break and share stories like this. I love hearing about peoples hit ot miss Christmas stories. My ex of 8 years was a officer. And Buster is looking rather festive. I dare say he and Lady could have been a live version of Lady and the Tramp.

    And aren't you the apple of an eye?

    ReplyDelete
  22. You and your Poochie were so adorable. I love your tales, especially about getting Barbies. I loved my Barbies, too. I remember Christmas when I was 5 years old, I think, and I got a doll AND a carriage for her. I was thrilled.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just loved Barbie dolls...then more haute couture the better! But things took a twist when the ken dolls showed up. Imagine my disappointment to undress him and find no penis but a mound of flat plastic. I hear Melania feels the same way.

      Merry Christmas Janie!!!! I have missed you.

      Delete
    2. I don't feel too sorry for Melanoma. She got what she paid for.

      Delete
    3. Paid for? More like a free boobie prize.

      Delete
  23. This post I enjoyed so very much!!! Melted my heart! I just bet you are so adorable then and always. A hand full but in a fun playful way. Those certainly are some fun and varied Christmas's. Those photos are all so precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Agnes!!!

      And now it seems most are gone. Good times

      Delete
  24. What absolutely sweet photos - and intriguing stories! Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have rarely shared any photos of myself. Merry Christmas Jon!

      Delete
  25. What a cutie!!!!! I think it's great you have such a open minded and accepting family. Sounds like your one of the lucky, and what priceless stories. The dogs gave me a good laugh as well as your calcatuling getting out of the BB gun gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it still continues.....Lilith decided to lick dry my glass of eggnog last night. I woke to see a big Stacie on her face!!!!!!!

      Delete
  26. I loved this! And what a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous12/27/2021

    Scott from Massachusetts said...

    Love it, love it, the story about you NOT getting a ticket but getting laid. Love it (did I already say that) how your dear grandmother introduce you two, but you were already "introduced"!!!

    Thanks for all those shared memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was just it Scott! In my mind, I felt for some reason everybody all knew about us having hooked up. And my grandmothers' words made it even worst. And it they all knew what took place on the pool table....lol!!!! And welcome Scott!!!!!!

      Delete
  28. I wouldn't be surprised if my mother still has Western Barbie and her horse Dallas in the attic somewhere. I was so innocent looking then...I have no idea where I went wrong.....

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!