Thursday, May 21, 2020

QUEENS OF THE NORTH

It seems Rupauls Drag Race just won't stop this summer... with the current season still airing, a celebrity edition which ran, and now,  another all stars season is getting ready to air, which I don't really watch, RuPaul's Drag Race is about to go international once again, as the show's latest spin-off series gets ready to air. Here's a glimpse at the new judge and the introduction of its new Queens. Canada's Drag Race sees RuPaul's Drag Race season 11 runner-up Brooke Lynn Hytes as the main judge on the panel alongside American Horror Story actor Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman and supermodel Stacey McKenzie – and the judges are already promising great things from the new series. While RuPaul won't be on or lending a hand in this series, hence why his name isn't on it, has given the new panel his blessing. Nothing has been done like this before in Canada to date  and there are no big goals like RuPaul's Drag Race in Canada for drag queens, unless you moved to the States and uproot your whole life. Now there's something for queens in Canada to strive for, and motivation is so important. I was really excited for two queens I know who got on this show too, Lemon and Anastarzia  Anaquway. I am also famialir with BOA...Bitch on Arrival. She is a trip! Im gonna make sure Steven gets on the second season. I will get him ready and I've already deemed him Carmen Geddit.
Enough chatter.... speaking of those Canadian Queens, here's a first look at all of the new contestants who'll be vying to take home the crown during the first-ever Canadian series
Monochromatic, polished and elevated.

She will put on a 4'inch block heel and she'll high kick and cartwheel.

Majestic, polished and unapologetic.

Young, spontaneous, and unfiltered.

Classic , imaginative and ambitious

I always said she was sour, sickening and stunning.

Bodacious, bizarre and intoxicating.

trickery, extravagant and a chameleon

Confidence, strong and dominate

Sexy, silly and flirtatious

Unpredictable, regal and infectious

Ring the alarm, and bring the heat , this one.

The series is set to premiere on July 2 on Crave in Canada, while international viewers will be able to watch the competition unfold on WOW Presents Plus.

27 comments:

  1. So nice to see the Canadian sister are getting their due. I love the name Carmen Geddit!!!!!! Steven will have his work cut out with you helping!!!!!!

    I also had no idea Anastarzia made the show How exciting! Bitch is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha
    Honey, you read my mind. AGAIN. Was thinking about this just this morning.
    I love the idea of having Canadian queens do RPDR. It's definitely another point of view!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do seem to cross swords a lot so to speak!

      Delete
  3. Just to be Deedles Downer here, that background is very unflattering to these ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I like is the their all true campy queens, like NYC queens...not all the fishy style.

    Steven might enjoy you giving him the tuck though, Mistress!!!!!! Carmen Geddit!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever had to tuck, THAT would be a challenge.

      Delete
  5. Oh! Canada!
    good luck to all xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! These ladies are incredible! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would really love to see this one. The UK one was excellent and infused in life and campy queens into a getting stale show here. They are all stunning!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! The UK version breathed in some new life I thought.

      Delete
  8. Welcome to the madness our Northern Sisters!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will definitely be streaming this! Gotts support our NYC/Toronto girl Lemon!🍋🍋🍋

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well! I had not heard this news so thank you, Mistress, for bringing it to my attention! And I subscribe to Crave too so I'll be able to watch it, yay! They picked the perfect song by our Shania Twain for the video's music too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your so lucky. I will have to see how it work on Wow. Sometimes those streaming things are a pain and a nuisance.

      Delete
  11. Lotta drag this Summer, and i'm kinda living for it/

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much drag this summer. I will watch this on WOW. I can't get into All Stars either for some reason. But between these shows and online drag shows...I'm seeing more drag then ever! This bunch looks fun.

    Does your peep Steven know he has a drag name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is. That was one of the better name I ever came up with.

      Delete
  13. Yay!!!!! Something else to watch during quarantine. I wonder if Juice Boxx is related to Pandora Boxx?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My money would be on Scarlett Bobo. Which, of course, means she will be voted off within the first two episodes. Sigh, tis true. I have a track record - since season 1. Have a great weekend, love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to predict every year who will win and in which order they leave, based on my knowledge of them. This year I called almost the exact order in their exits.

      I am only familiar with about four of this bunch.

      Delete
  15. Drag has certainly gone viral, hasn't it? We're still enjoying "We're Here." Plenty of empathic stuff plus the hi-jinks make this one a winner for me! Shangela makes a great mentor.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!!!!! They are all so stunning! And I love the song of choice for the video, how perfect. I will have to see about getting this . I wonder where they are all from in Canada?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just wait until they have the snowsuit competition! Hahaha!
    I agree with Cali, I like the campy showmanship of this group.. or is that showwomanship?
    I saw Brooke Lynn Hytes last summer at Ottawa Pride.
    Yes I'm very aware my drag mother Mistress Maddie gave me a drag name. I think I actually have two, I blogged last year about dreaming that I was in a drag competition and my stage name was Margo-Rita Bottomsup. I have no idea where that came from, I have no desire to be a drag queen, I'll leave that up to the pro's lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we should just call you Bottoms Up!

      Delete
  18. I'm an excited to see this, as the UK version was even better than the US version. They certainly selected some good queens. Of course I love the name Carmen!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're biased! Hahaha! Joking, I love your name.

      Delete
  19. These are serious dames indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!