Friday, May 8, 2020

PANDORA'S BOX

As you can see, the boys are giving the Casa du Borghese a deep cleaning!!! 

My Pandora's Box has opened...and it may never close.A friend and I were talking the other day, and even he'd noticed a change in my attitude. I think we can all agree that while shuttered in, at least for me, the attitude and emotions keep changing. Which is very rare for me. But I have been getting darker. Which isn't a surprise. I can get very villainously dark. I'm good at keeping it at bay. The current lax attitude I'm seeing all over and the angst to reopen is just plain stupid. People already running around without mask or protection, relaxed guidelines, disrespecting of state governors guidelines,  groupings of large numbers of people, and all those loud mouthed and crazed protestors. Such a sorry bunch of sons of bitches to see. Just the other day,  I was shocked to see over the weekend a picture of Central Park packed to the gills. Im to the point where I really could care less what happens to these people. Maybe the stupid just needs to be taken...and quickly. I realize it's getting nice, warm and sunny, but Mother Nature is a bitch ,I know...this is going to be her ploy to lure people out, and then nabbed them when the second cycle starts. I say, Bye to all the Felicia's. If we were in the throws of a real serious post apocalyptic time, so many people would be seriously screwed. People's minds right now are clouded between wants and needs, that for sure.  Of course,  it doesn't help when you have two morons running the country who change their mind every 2 minutes on guidelines or information, put something out there, only to retract it 2 minutes later. Add them to the list of wood boxes needed. I'll gladly throw in the first hand full of dirt. And don't get me started on the two sorry excuses of First and Second Ladies. Melania was much more successful at her call girl profession before moving here, and what ever Pence's wifes name is...she's as useful as tits on a bull.

And the news doesn't help either. None of it. Yet again Trump gets his way. Now I see where a top republican  fundraiser and trump ally was named as Postmaster General. The action will install a stalwart Trump ally to lead the postal service, which Trump has  railed against for years, and will move him closer then ever before to forcing the service to renegotiate it's terms with companies and it's own workforce. He'll probably end up fucking this up too. So I may have  to stop watching the news. At this point, it's all redundant anyhow.

I myself still have no date to go back to work yet. Even when and if we open...that doesn't mean the people will come. Where reopens have happened, people are still not coming, and I don't blame them. If stores were open now I wouldn't be shopping. When we do reopen, I still don't think the visual teams will return till much later. I'm hearing right now a limited number of people in the store, or possibly shopping by appointment only. And of course that will piss some off. Oh well. Shopping and retail, will change as we know. Get used to it.

I guess I'm also getting cranky because I haven't had sex since March. That's got to be a world record for me!!!!! And another thing that gives me the sads, my vacations are cancelling as fast as Sherry Pie's gigs. But to be honest, I wouldn't feel comfortable traveling anyhow. Although the above picture could be a cute Ptown look.

I also got a call from the local ASPCA who is in need of donations and volunteering. I give several donations a year to them, but at this time, I'm keeping the apron strings drawn in. With many volunteers out sick or aren't comfortable being out, I did tell them I would come in to volunteer hours when needed,  and they call already. They need people to socialize with animals, and give walks and exercise to the many dogs. So this will give me a huge boost mentally. I can only bake so much bread!  Although just between us girls, I think Buster is worried I many bring home 8 dogs and 4 cats, 2 chickens, and a goat. That won't happen. The shelter there has a extremely high adoption rate. Hey it will be a win- win for me. Doing some good, while I get to see all theses cuddies.

Our officials have also said plan on self isolation and social distancing a while longer. So the houseboys and I have stocked up on red wines,whiskey, rum, vermouth, absinthe, white wine, sherry , gin, and lord, if we need it, brandy. Pray for us.

I'm also going to be away for a couple days. I'm heading to the ancestral home for the weekend for Mother's Day. My mother has ordered from a local flower garden center her yearly flowers to be planted for summer, so I will be pottering in her garden and getting things planted for her. I look forward to doing that as well. It will be just the two of us, so nothing to worry about. Unless we argue over costumes for the day. Last time mother wanted me to come out in a kimono, so we had quite the fight.

Plus, I just need time away and off the grid to clear me mind. I have a few post pre-posted. So don't worry sweet peas, Ill be back when the world is better.
HA!

34 comments:

  1. Oh, I feel you.
    The idea that people are so abysmally stupid to think that the warm weather means the pandemic is over is ludicrous at best and dangerous at face value. The sense of entitlement of the people who want the economy to 'open' is incredible.
    As you say, even if businesses open, there's not confirmation people will GO to them. I won't. I don't think I will go out confidently until there is a vaccine. I don't want to get fucking sick. I don't want to kill somebody in my house!
    I think your idea of volunteering is great. Double win: the doggies get to walk and you get to be busy.
    Have fun with the Mother! Give her a hug from all of us.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I feel your pain, mistress. I feel the same. No cure for covid 19 and no cure for stupidity either. No one knows how things will turn out. We shall all have to wait and see.

    Time spent with animals and in your mother's garden with be salve for your soul.

    I wish you happier times and a better frame of mind.
    All good wishes, mistress. Take care and regards to your mom. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. DIE MAGAts DIE! worthless pieces of shit! deny them healthcare too!

    have fun with your mother; perhaps you two should wear bikinis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If so, post pictures!

      Delete
    2. No one, no one needs to see that!

      Delete
    3. You’ve got the legs for it. And I think your gloves will go perfectly with it.

      Delete
  4. Let it out, say what you are feeling, spend the weekend with mom, social distancing, don't forget your mask. You will feel better. Lots if idiots here, I just don't want them to take me with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This:
    "And another thing that gives me the sads, my vacations are cancelling as fast as Sherry Pie's gigs."
    Gave me my morning cheer, which I've been missing of late.
    I know exactly how you feel. Glad you're getting away even for a few days. A change of scenery would be nice.
    Perhaps come November we could all work to change the political scenery?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go. Walk the doggies. Visit your mom, safely. Talk to the flowers, they don't back talk or say stupid things. If they do, run! Try to get some semblance of equilibrium back. The stoopid. it burns, so try to back away from it.
    Hugs to you and yours, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be nice to het out of these four walls after 53 days!! And my mother and I are both clean having not been around anyone. But we still have out mask.

      Delete
  7. (Maddie) Stay safe, enjoy your gardening gig.
    And your animal shelter.
    xoxoxoox :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you girl. You made a number of excellent points. Survival of the fittest... meaning those of us smart enough to read between the lines and remain vigilant. Me? My mind is totally sex fogged, as in... damn, need me some. But you don't dare. It would not be worth it. And to put the two elderly folks and the shut in I check in on daily? I could not live with myself if something happened to them just because I had to get off. Okay... enough. I gotta go do something constructive with all this pent up mojo. Have a lovely weekend, dear. Take care, be safe, and stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...love the images...Ptown look is hot!!! Understand the need to get away a few days...enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Buffoon Covidiot and Vice-Buffoon Covidiot and their useless spouses are killing what's left. The concept of Rule of Law no longer applies as he drops all charges against Flynn, and brings in more ill-informed and uneducated cronies to do his bidding. Our only hope is that this virus spreads like wildfire through the rural-red areas of the country and kills off more of them then it has in the blue metropolitan areas. I no longer care about them - at all. They can take their guns and their "me first and only" attitudes six feet under. I'll chip in for an hour's labor on the mass graves.
    As you can tell, my own dark side is out - fingers and nails clawing. If we don't get rid of the Repukelicans in November - all that are up for election or re-election, we're fucked.
    No sex? Well, we're all dating our hands now, right?
    Have a nice, relaxing time visiting your mother. And trust that the Houseboys will not make a total shambles of the Casa while you're away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man do I get you, the stress is too much, at least you are allowed to see your mother, I hope you have a good visit. I'm probably supposed to say something encouraging here but honestly I think I'm going to punch the next person who says "this too shall pass".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and Maddie can be the Dynamic Duo!

      Delete
  12. We'll see you when the world is better? We'll never see you again then at the rate were going. That certainly was a inside look post. I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, sweetheart, thanks for still making me smile with what you share. So sorry you've been stepping over to the dark side lately. So understandable. But you need to stay on your own side of the street. The sunny side. Where life can be so sweet. Deedles and I promise to visit you there every now and again. Anyway, for what it's worth, I'm sending you major cyber hugs. And, oh my god, I have been walking around doing Little Edie all day today! I, too, have been considering the best kind of clothes for a protest pose. Thank heaven YOU'RE here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always enjoy these post, because I know you being a lady hold back and in....so when you blow its generally a good read. Good points and and can be venomous. I say let it rip.

    And if you wore the bathing suit...it would for sure shut down Commercial Street with what your packin!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cuddling with dogs and cats . . . gardening and planting flowers . . . enjoyed a nice Mother's Day with your Mom . . . I hope these all help to lift your spirits, Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now that was a poignant post and I can feel the same on many of your points. And your not alone. I even have many Republicans friends who can not stand trump and this incarnation of the party. One doesn't even vote. I tell her she has lots of opinions for someone who doesn't vote. Over the years i have been in both parties and have never seen this country in the state it's in. I too am giving up on news very slowly.

    I think it's wonderful about the ASPCA. Money or volunteer...it all helps. But as always parts of this made me laugh!! Especially the Sherry Pie crack. Oh honey!!!

    Stay safe and enjoy the gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  17. AMEN, SISTER! you were right about this post! It's as if you read what I wrote, but didn't post and said, "Well, yeah, and then there's this part you left off!" Sweet Mary Sunshine, but I do love you! xoxo

    p.s. enjoy the sun, being outside, and playing in the dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cap Chasen5/08/2020

    Hang in there kid. I think we all have opened up our Pandora Box. Love all your photos and points. It amazes me how stupid people in this country are. Greed,selflessness and disregard for fellow species and the environment. To he'll with them. Now i think if you model that one piece, we can all agree we wouldn't mind seeing that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't lie....when your dark side is out I like it. And some stupid people just need to go. Bit i hope that will be enough hootch to muddle through on?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous5/08/2020

    I hope that you get some needed rest. Enjoy your time away. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hang in there Maddie! I do think we're all starting to feel the same. Seems to be about that time were all feeling emotions and stir crazy feeling and tempers flaring. Love ya for the volenteering.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope Brice will be ok without you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love to you, Mistress M, it's all going to hell in a handbag.
    I have started yelling at the telly, which isn't usual for me...as for your president, well, I've called him a few choice names. Take care, m'dear.
    Sxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, dear, didn't you know it was going to be as cold as witch's tit this coming week?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Let's it all out honey. And if you have a in with Mother Nature or karma...i have some names for you, if you wouldn't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I gave up on the news weeks ago. I watch the local news May be four times a week and that's it. I go out for walks and to the store and then that's it. I loved this post actually. It's good to let these things out. And you know you'll have fun volunteering. And yet you still managed to get in some funny lines.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hang in there my remarkable friend; your remonstrations are common ones and this all will pass in time.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!