Wednesday, October 20, 2021

THE VILLBERGS


Most of the drag world is compromised mostly of  solo queens doing their schtick, followed by whole drag house. But when it comes to drag duo's there aren't as many. I have featured the fun and lively Coyle twins, Sugar and Spice here, who are shaking up the drag scene, and they aren't even of age yet. Then there was the South American boyfriend duo The Deendjeers, and of course the most fabulous of spooks, The Boulet Brothers. But probably the most unusual, glamorous and avant garde would have to  the Villbergs. It's almost like the edginess of Jodie Harsh, the glam of Amanda Lepore and club kid Leigh Bowery all came together to result in the Villbergs.  The Swedish internationally recognized power drag couple, consist of a talkative glittery goblin, and a dead pan beautiful self centered man lady...and they welcome all to see the world through their eyes. The Villbergs are considered top tier drag artist to revival even the likes of Sasha Velour, designers, muses, and globetrotters. These couture creatures  of the alternative world exist in the midland between the fashion industry and the artsy culture scene and the club world of Europe. With backgrounds between them in architecture, graphics design, fashion design, pattern making, styling and make up, they can create some of the most creative and jaw dropping ensembles I have seen in all the years I have been doing drag and after. Their matching ensembles are just mind blowing. From the wigs to the clothing, they have designed and created everything of their own design, and the duo's visual concept has evolved into a one of a kind vision of couture and art joined. Some of their unique sense of style has resulted in collaborations with some of the worlds leading photographers, as part of their platform is a jaw dropping candy shop on Instagram, where there creations can often be seen with world famous landmarks in the background. There show's in Sweden are as legendary as them. How many queen's put on a show in an ice palace??? If I was still doing drag on a regular basis, these two would be some of my newest role models, though it might break the bank. And trust...if I get to Sweden one day you damn well know I will have to go to one of their shows. I can also get behind them unnerving the masc crowd with their pronouns and Mr Villberg calling his partner the Mrs.!!!!!! WERK IT BITCHES!
A Q and A with the boys. The Mrs cracks me up.
A preview of their first season of the Villberg Chronicles

30 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of them, so thanks for the intro.
    They are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are fantastic! Ohhh loved the interview.
    I saw they walking for Marco Marco and was fascinated. I think they also did James St.James in Welcome to my Face.
    So fab.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the James St James make overs, Transformations... by different queens but hadn't seen that yet.

      Delete
  3. Well, if Avast hadn't fucked up the sound on my laptop yet again.... It's getting tedious. Happy return from vacay, my frosted ass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's what I call Swedish fish!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. UGH they define aesthetic!!!! Banging. This is pure art hennny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These two are really talented. There is something so sexy and so mysterious about those two, I don't know, I can't explain it, I just feel so attracted and turned on .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness....pure art and glam! They so amazing and gorgeous I could cry. The beauty! The stunning macabre sense of humor! I love that the Mrs. never breaks character in the Q and A. I just bet they have a lot of fun together. Two most certainly brilliant people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it acceptable for me to have the hots for Mr. Villberg?

    ReplyDelete
  9. In three words: Wow! Wow! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That black & white dress looks like it was designed by Mc Escher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure wouldn't surprise me with them if he was the inspiration for this look.

      Delete
  11. I love nothing more then over the top performance artiste' and these two are it. Such incredible detail and style. They are by far, one of my favorite for this post series.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Villbergs are two of some of the most amazing artists I've ever seen...and Mrs. Villberg's make-up style is so on point and flawless. She does everything as well done. Did you see what she did to Detox?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Detox looked even more stunning if that's possible.

      Delete
  13. I don't know any queen who doesn't aspire to them. Their 'haute couture' and makeup always looks amazing as usual, their style is fire, and Mrs. V's eyeshadow and lips are always killer. Look forward to catching "The Villberg Chronicles season 2. I love to see them collaborate with Daphne Guinness on something Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Her trick of drawing the lip line outside of the natural line, is where I learned that.

      Delete
  14. OMG....Mrs Villberg is fabulous and Mr is totally amazing and hot. My jaw dropped from the first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Words cannot express how much I adore them both, I saw a clip once of The Mrs get her makeup done by Mr. Villberg and it had me mesmerized! They are stunning creatures and enjoy life. I have been enjoying your blog and all the drag content for two hours now. Great site Mistress Borghese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Lady Frost, and thanks for popping in. I'm so glad you enjoy the drag aspect of the blog! There are quite a few post, lol!!!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  16. Absolument magnifique! Mrs Villberg is such a stunning canvas, and I gather Mr Villberg is pretty darn sexy. Not to mention both the Villberg's talents are out of this world. Their looks are AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that Mrs Villberg looks incredible and actually, the make -up technique is pretty simple to do and she looks amazing.

      Delete
  17. Truly inventive and out of the ordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing...... here in the South we are missing that very important part of Gay Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a shame. Communities I believe truly benefit from the antics of a good drag queen.

      Delete
  19. The fashion is stunning.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet they'd love to get into your fabric collections Dora.

      Delete
  20. WOW!!!! I would love to see a show of theirs. And from the video Mr V has great making out lips. Lucky Mrs Villberg.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!