Wednesday, October 13, 2021

SHOP GIRL

 

Well it's been about almost 7 months in already with my friend at the floral shop, and I must say, this Shop Girl is enjoying every minute. Not only is there the three day weekend, but many of my past talents with my visual background come in use, not to mention my OCD with keeping the Dame organized and on schedule. It's like my ying to his yang. And you know me, I love seasonal decorating so it was quite fun to see the shop transition into a autumn feel. Alas, this week, most of the autumn goods are flying out of the shop. People seem to be getting back into seasonal decorating again. It's also a nice feeling I have to admit, getting to know all the local shoppers and neighbor characters, opposed to big box and mall shoppers, which was what I experienced at my last three positions with part employers. One afternoon a  guy even prepositioned me one day, catching me off guard, which is rare... I didn't have a come back.

The Dame had some of the best, most perfect pumpkins I'd ever seen. Huge, perfectly round and the best long stems on them. I got several for my mother's place and for the Casa. A friend of the shop locally grew all our mums and pumpkins. The Chrysanthemums were insanely huge and at excellent prices. The last of them left the shop today, as we prepare for the holiday season next.

The fresh flowers coolers were stocked with autumn favorites...the dahlias were quite popular this season. Needless to say many of these go home with me on weekends! Dahlias are one of my favorites.
Look at this beauty!!! 
A Ox Blood Dahlia. This picture doesn't even do it justice. They were quite popular with clients.
I have never got into these formed cloth pumpkins myself, but they seems to be the rage. We had various sizes and patterns. I think we have about three are left.
This was a outgoing bouquet for another customer. 
The green and black center flower is actually a sunflower. My friend told me he plucks the yellow petals off and it give a arrangement a whole different feel. They seem to be popular as well with many shoppers.
Today was another busy day. If this keeps up, we may be installing the holiday season sooner than normal. But that's a good thing if we sell all the fall goods right? I never thought being a shop assistant would be this fun, and use my talents. And I have mentioned I really like the three day weekends?

31 comments:

  1. That place looks fantastic, and I wouldn't expect anything less with your talents put to use. Glad to see things are going well there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a beautiful shop, made even more beautiful with your decorating and arranging talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, strange reaction to all of this... it puts me in the mood, alright... to clean! I dunno why... but the past two days... and I am embracing the season this year... adoring the colors and damp and coolness and the fading flowers... but all I want to do is clean... I have even been cleaning at my mother's house! Thanks for the lovely inspiration. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Oh Helga, when you polish the floor you have to MOVE the tree. If you can't do SOMTHING RIGHT, DON'T DO IT AT ALL! See Carol Ann, you have to stay on TOP OF thing every single minute. Helga, I'm not mad at you, I'm Mad at the dirt."

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous shop with beautiful arrangements. I wish I could shop there. I don't like the cloth pumpkins either. As for the proposition, let Pam Demic spend a few days on the job. She'll know how to respond.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'd welcome you too! And I'm not usually speechless, I'm usually sharp and quick, and always have a come back...but this just caught me way off.

      Delete
  5. I would think working in that shop gets you in the mood for every single change of the seasons.
    And to be surrounded by such beauty and talent would be a wonder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shop has been doing really well, for a small business. And it really is ever changing weekly, with items of all sorts selling. It's a good fit.

      Delete
  6. Very cozy and very Fall!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why you're enjoying this new work -- such beautiful surroundings. Your Gerbera daisies, dahlias and pumpkins have lifted my sagging spirits today, thanks Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tundra, I try to help with sagging stems. I like to think it's a talent I have.

      Delete
  8. Henny, I have only been in once, and it is one of those places that certainly lifts spirits. Harrisburg so NEEDED that place. It's so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely.
    And I'm not even a season queen! I have to confess that I don't do seasonal decor but this is fab and I totally love the flowers. Also, cloth pumpkins!
    So awesome you're doing this. Your talents cannot go to waste!!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. What I wouldn't give to visit that shop. It's all so creative and tactile.

    I've grown some Queensland blue squashes this year. They are gorgeous and fit for a queen!😁

    I'm so happy you've settled there and are enjoying it.
    Do you like the three day weekends though? 😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous photos - an autumnal banquet. And I love the long stem pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unusually for me, I prefer the cloth pumpkin to the real thing and I lurve that chaise, although the colour wouldn't go in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Having seen the gorgeous displays you put together in your home (and in the stores where you previously worked), you really seem to be in your element here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What awesome displays, you should definitely be proud of your work there. And sometimes a simple comeback to a proposition is best: “Yes, but you have to buy me dinner first and breakfast in the morning.” 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now THAT would have been a good one! The best one I ask once at the Raven was when a guy hit on me, and kept it up , he finally asked, Can you give me a sign your interested? I said Slippery when wet.

      Delete
  15. Workplace sexual harassment,

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great way to share your talents and your sparkling personality. These photos are stunners. You MUST be enjoying what you’re doing to be completely surprised by a forward pass. Can’t believe it’s already been 7 months.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The dahlias are simply gorgeous. Oh, and I have to ask, have you ever thought of going into pumpkin erotica? Your descriptions are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love shops like this that one can get lost in. It is quite a beautiful shop. And I agree, those are some of the most perfect pumpkins I have seen. Perfectly round, and perfect stems. Linus would approve!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This post and that shop have to wanting to take a trip to Harrisburg and open wide the purse strings. And I love the wreath in the first picture. With William gone, I find myself doing more holiday touches then before. He like seasonal , but didn't get into the holidays so much. My little granddaughter is going to help me crave some pumpkins. And don't get me started on the glorious ox blood dahlia! That is a stunning color. I am so glad your happy. I swear your a phoenix.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooooh! I want it all. We have a few flower shops here in Philly, but more run of the mill. It hard to find different and unique flowers like zinnias, dahlias, proteas, things like that. He would kill in Philly with a shop like that. My eyes were eyeing up all that amber glass.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey y'all! Dave posted this comment today, but for some odd reason it is not visible on the blog, only on my dashboard. Those damn Gremlins.

    Dave-"The dahlias are simply gorgeous. Oh, and I have to ask, have you ever thought of going into pumpkin erotica? Your descriptions are fabulous."

    To which I reply- Have you seen the size of the holes in my pumpkins?

    ReplyDelete
  22. This doesn't surprise me in the least. You have a Midas touch boy. We got us some pumpkins today.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i love rice with pumpkin. Have you ever tasted it? is a recipe from northern Italy! it is very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never had that Xersex, but I do like some thing with pumpkin. Im making a butternut squash soup this weekend.

      Delete
  24. Thank you Linda...and you'd be most welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like the look of the cloth pumpkins, anyhow, it all looks gorgeous! I also like the mutilated sunflowers - gives them that Halloween vibe.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!