Tuesday, October 5, 2021

SIGOURNEY


Halloween is always a fun time for drag queens. Most of us are always over the top, and the only thing to do is go the costume route. And if anyone has thought of trying drag, it seems drag brings the queen out in everybody and their mother! But other queens have the eerie and spooktacular style and schtick down year round. Sigourney Beaver is one of those spook queens, originally hailed from Des Moines and now resides in Chicago, and is yet another hyer- femme AFAB queen, or born a female at birth, or.. as she likes to put it. "a female impersonator impersonator." Sigourney is a killer beauty queen who loves to hypnotize audiences with her piercing white eyes, and sky high hair. Coming from a burlesque background, she incorporates the art of the tease into all her drag performances. I am really starting to think these AFAB queens are giving a run for the money to us typical drag queens and I'm here for it. I think I like it because these AFAB queens try to keep it over the top and bring the campy drag , while cis male drag is becoming more and more fishy. And I'm loving Ms Beavers style. And that name?!?! Might be on my top 15 best drag names list. Sigourney has also landed herself on the fourth season of the Boulet Brothers Dragula, who will be one of two AFAB queens on this season. And her Instagram is unmissable. Her style is as good as her acts. Famous for her white eyes and her outrageously glamorous looks, it's a showcase for her with floor length gowns and bright hair colors. To see her perform check her out at her Facebook or Instagram.for dates. But henny....I'm OBSESSED with the spider dress!

21 comments:

  1. Fabulous. Thanks for sharing. I really can't wait until there are museums promoting exhibits featuring drag photography... so much brilliant work being done these days. I can't imagine all that goes into the creation of just one of these photos. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all.
    The spider dress is creepy fun, and that flower drag is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So absolutely fantastic.
    A female impersonator impersonator. That is awesome. Incredible style, too. Would love to see her shows.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know some queens are unnerved by AFAB queens doing drag, but I adore them too, and I have see Sigourney Beaver at a show I did in Chicago. She is pretty fierce. I now think I'd like to see a whole cast of AFAB queen only like RuPauls Drag Race and see how cool that would be. I too ADORE theat spide dress! The whole look really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, but the only thing I could focus on was that runner from Hell on the staircase. Jesus! It doesn't coordinate with the wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell, I didn't take notice to anything other then her wig!

      Delete
  6. LOL. Love the name! And a female drag artist is STILL an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this kind of spook, I can handle! She is stunning! It's nice to see women embrace the art. And she does it well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's spider season now - all the spideys that live hidden in your house all year come out now for sex!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That blue flower gown is stunning! Love her drag name too, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. FAB.U LOUS! Even these spooky queens have more glam and style than this married house frau

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ill be forever obsessed with her and these looks for the rest of the season! How does one not like that name too???

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have never had the pleasure to meet or perform a show with her yet, but she is insanely gorgeous. Loving the whole vibe she has going on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yas! hennny! I fucking love the artistry she puts into her art. The whole package is werking girl.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love her! That is a LOOK! I think it is great that the Boulet Brothers have opened up there show to many other levels of drag performers, almost forcing Ru to finally do it. Love Dragula in this household.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome Linda and a thank you for following! Yes, isn't she fabulous? certainly get one in the mood for drag and the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sigourney Beaver is a great name. She also has a great look going.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Spectacular. I love the Sigourney Beaver Orb Weaver look.

    ReplyDelete
  18. the first one resembles, with that green, a chthonic divinity! the penultimate looks like Marie Antoinette!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!