Wednesday, April 12, 2023

VANDA


Chicago has a tough drag scene. And I don't mean tough to get into, I mean tough as in professional, tight and beat for the Gods henny. And the House of Gozmic run by its mother Auroa Gozmic is one of the top ten drag houses on the drag circuit. It's where Vanda La Rose found a home. A excellent business queen with a taste for flesh, at least while in vampire drag. Vanda is all about more diverse drag and finds it important for people to see different types of drag. Vanda is going in 10 years in drag, and like me her favorite part of drag is the fashion and the transformation and just the creativity of it all. Vanda started doing drag as early as late high school and performer at the annual Amateur Drag Show while a student at NMU, and hasn't looked back yet. And with her style, looks and that beat mug.... it's safe to say Vanda La Rose will be doing drag for some time. What's not to like about all the vibrant color she uses?

14 comments:

  1. Usually I'm opposed to pastels with black, but it works here.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I like the silver and red outfit! That red thingy covers a multitude of butt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That dress will hide a multitude of sins.

      Delete
  3. I love the green dress

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her style is everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4/12/2023

    Tundra Bunny here...

    Vanda is certainly vivacious and colourful -- I love her jewelry. Though her long black, pointy fingernails give me the willies, at least they're rhinestone encrusted, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes honey.
    Chicago Queens are very, very tough. They take this SERIOUSLY.
    Vanda is stunning. Love the mug. Love the Drag. That pink number *almost* to the floor? Gimme.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't met to many queens outside of California yet...but damn gurl! And I LOVE PINK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I may need some of these ensembles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some interesting dresses there, especially the horned one

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know I like a nice peplum on the back of a dress. She sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You bring us the most fabulous queens!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the yellow one is so XIX century

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!