Thursday, November 3, 2022

CINCHED

Yaaaas,Hennies...corsets! 

Whether it's all about living up to society's beauty standards or doing it for their own happiness, there are countless reasons why some people would always want to look good. I fell in love with corsets, and in particular a company called Innova Corsetry when I was involved with Boylesque years ago after I retired from drag, but it still gave an outlet to do semi drag in a different way.

I'll probably never see the like of that picture again. Sigh. The reaction to men in corsets was mixed. Some guys were like what the fuck, while others asked me to keep it on when they got fucked! An audience for everything I suppose. I never did see the waistline of a Scarlett O'Hara, and it took about two weeks after rehearsals for the show to get used to a corset knocking the wind right out of you. But you get used to that when you get stitched into second skin dresses for shows. I was a bit sad when the shows ended, and I loved growing into corsets. I too have also been, I can't lie, a form over comfort person when outside of my doors. I'm very much a form fitting clothing person when it comes to clothes, but in a good way. Granted when it all comes off, I'm like Jabba the Hutt. It drives me crazy when people wear things so big, to the point where it looks like they are wearing their parents' clothes. It wasn't till the pandemic that I got reconnected with the company and Sammy Barbosa who I got my corset through and was delighted to see now, a whole website of his works for corsets, belts, waist shapers and more, not to mention very fitted vest with corset like construction...and I LOVE me a vest. I may have to invest in one of Sammy's vests.

I just love the look of them. Unfortunately, there are some who would resort to taking extreme measure, like going under a knife just to look beautiful. But there are other times when make up or wardrobe essentials can help accentuate your best facial feature or even your body figure. And that's just what Sammy Barbosa, who is a Puerto Rico based corset brand CEO, Innova Corsetry sells corsets designed not only for women, but for men too. Corsets for men are actually not a new thing. During the 18th and 19th centuries, men used to wear corsets for their form fitting trouser and jackets.

But Sammy has taken the corset to an all-new high, in a array of colors, fabrications, and makes them especially custom-handmade and sewn by him personally with exact measurements and based on their desired color, fabric, and design. All the orders are produced and delivered between 6-9 weeks. So it was with great fanfare to get back in touch with this company and Sammy, who is rather a very tempting morsel himself!!!!


Is it hot up in here? Watching Sammy get dressed is an art in itself! I'm most impressed with that ass, I can't lie.

You can check out both his business and personal Instagram's here and here. Now mind you, when it comes time to ordering the vest, I may have to have Sammy flown here personally so he can actually run those hands over my body to get the right feel and fit for the vest I need. And did I mention we may both need to be naked while he is getting those said measurements?

41 comments:

  1. Whatever happened to Fay Wray?
    That delicate, satin-draped frame?
    As it clung to her thigh
    How I started to cry
    `cause I wanted to be dressed just the same.

    Give yourself over to absolute pleasure.
    Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh.
    Erotic nightmares, beyond any measure
    And sensual daydreams to treasure forever.
    Can't you just see it? Oh, oh, oh.
    Don't dream it - be it.


    Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you're just making me moist.

      Delete
    2. I love this poem! Is it your own?

      Delete
    3. I think you might find it's Richard O'Brien's, Melanie... Jx

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love this. I remember when I got an invite to your Boylesque show in New Hope. Your WORE that ensemble!!! And I didn't in the least think it would have an effect on me, but it did make me in some ways hot. but of course, by time you were done, I seem to only remember you in garters, stockings, and heels. I too like vest and love the look of these on Sammy or even on you. but I don't know I'd be comfortable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.... I miss it. A time and place for everything. I do remember your face after the show when you saw the see thrus!!!! I believe you blushed!!!

      Delete
  3. Wow!!! I want one!!!! I would have love to have seen you in Boylesque. And that Sammy Barbosa? Cute and what a great ass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come visit...Ill brush off the plumes!

      Delete
  4. Men in corsets=HOT!! And yes, you can pull a corseted vest off. Your boylesque outfits were very sexy on a male form. But you know some won't appreciate the art in it. I still have the shot with you in the see thur underwear and stockings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What amazes me is lately how many men want to see me in stockings and garters?!?!?!? Like this newest guy I met.

      Delete
  5. This is all new to me! And I like it!!! I would think a corset or fitted vest would accentuate the male form even more. And I'm there for that! You are the perfect person to wear one of his creations. And I love that you give two shits to what you want to wear, and for what sex. You go boy. That blue is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always loved vests and these corset vests take it one step (or 10) further,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have several tight vests...but nothing like corset construction.

      Delete
  7. Whoa.
    Love the corset-vest idea. Worn under a jacket, it would keep everything in place. And it would give that not-easily-achieved V shape. And the blue gloves-black corset combo? Heaven.
    Cherry on top? Sammy does look yummy.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I even had a fur stole died blue to match the gloves.

      Delete
  8. I don't know if I can wear something that tight but I love the look of them, and I love that he also makes the matching tie. And oh yes I remember seeing your boy let's show at least twice and it was entertaining and very revealing. If I recall didn't Preston do a series of pictures of you in your boylesque ensemble?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did indeed. I featured them on the blog already...and one was even used as one of my headers. And of course my avatar is also one.

      Delete
  9. Some of us are in shape, a pear is a shape

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sexy! Especially your Boylesque outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You do know there's a reason corsets are also called 'stays'?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11/04/2022

    Pat Lark - Rocky Horror Picture show immediately came to mind!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Best wishes for obtaining a fitting session with Sammy. We will want photos if it happens, of course. Corsets are very sexy, but I think I'd die if I had certain body parts all squished in. I did not know that men also used to wear corsets for their form-fitting clothes, but it makes sense that they were needed for those hot vests and tight shirts.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's right Janie. That's why I made that Jabba the Hutt comment. When you take a corset off feels like everything falls out in place.

      Delete
  14. I like them, but JoAnn's doesn't have enough rope to cinch me in at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Prince Regent (aka King George IV) wore corsets most of his adult life, but that was to stop his stomach resting on his knees when he was standing up. People have wondered why Victorian and Edwardian women used to faint a lot. The answer is possibly because their liver and stomach got pushed up around their heart - not a good look at an autopsy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine the damage done by a corset over time to the body. It must be the equivalent Chinese women binding their feet.

      Delete
  16. We have the same taste! I too love corsets and vests! On men, on women, on anybody! I don't think they should be so tight as to rearrange a person's internal organs or make them feel faint. Just a little tucked in, a firm embrace will do.

    I have a friend who is much more into the Steampunk scene than I am and he is atypically shaped, but I wanted to try my hand at making a vest and I knew he would be the perfect person to adore it. It challenged my capacity as an amateur seamstress, but I had a professional mentor to help, the project pulled off beautifully for all involved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so I have another seamstress in my mist! I will have to make a mental note.

      Delete
  17. Nice to look at but, OUCH!!!!! Sexy but, OUCH!!!!! I love vests but corsets, OUCH!!!! If I put on one of those things, I would be rocking an upside-down muffin top! Not worth the pain. Just my unfashionable opinion. Going back to my cave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to worry dear Duchess Deedles. We love any appearance you make. I just wish you would have caught me when my corset wasn't hanging open.

      Delete
  18. Yeah I can't lie. I actually do think this is sort of hot. And it doesn't surprise me you look that good in that picture either with your body and frame. But I think the vests are actually sort of cool too. I'd wear one.

    And Sammy isn't just giving me nice butt, looks like he's packing in the front too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now I'm usually open to a lot of things, but I don't think I ever thought of a guy is wearing a corset, and must admit that Sammy in his pictures here looks impeccable in them, as you do and your picture also, the Fabrications and color he does are stunning. I have to agree with a couple here I would have loved to have seen your boylesque show. And these days I think anybody should be allowed to wear what they want as long as they're happy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How very beautiful. I'm with you. when it comes to fashion I like a tight, graceful line. And a waist is a must. I get that not everybody can carry off certain looks, nor would some like to call attention to their waists, but to each their own. These are stunning. I remember everyone laughing at William Shatner and spanks were made fun of for ages, but now, with lycra in everything and even cotton t's fitting so tightly... you can create your own spanks out of a white t and the right pair of undies. Thanks for sharing this. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I recall Barry Bostwick in a corset in The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Now he that was hot!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look downright hot and sexy in that corset and garters!!!! And those vests are rather very nice. That Sammy is one hot model too.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!