Sunday, November 20, 2022

AUTUMNAL PROVINCETOWN


 It was with mixed feeling I had when I decided to go to P-town recently, but our dear Pearly had invited me sooner, but didn't have the time to go then. What better time than to go right after the election hoopla. Some of my favorite times at seaside locales is actually in the off season, when tourist and A-listers are gone. While I didn't don my square cuts, there was a walk or two on the beach. The seaside is always a very rejuvenating time for me and my soul, no matter the time of year. It was perfect too. If you haven't been to Provincetown in the off season yet, I highly recommend it.The Cape Cod light is extraordinary any day, but in the autumn, it is downright striking. Aside from the magnificent light, there are no lines to get into restaurants, no waiting for drinks at the bars open, and many of the shops have deep sales, and the weather is still pretty nice. It was all over the board on my visit with everything from chilly weather, a few warmer days, some cloudy and rainy days, but no snow. Also, it's the best way to experience and meet the true locals, who are far more laid -back. The only drawback is most of the shows from the drag queens and their residencies are pretty much done, though we did catch Ginger Minj's final show. It was probably the most relaxing trip I've ever had on this little spigot of land. And by time I left they had draped the Pilgrim Monument in more the 3,000 draping lights as part of the towns ushering in of the holiday season. No matter the time of year it's always hard to say goodbye to the town.

My room with a view from the Anchor Inn. I also met a lovely gentleman in an adjoining room, to share a few drinks and some nightly sanctuary. Gurl.
An autumnal view of Bradford Street
Caption Jack's Wharf, NOT the Dick Dock....way to cold.

MacMillan Pier
I got sucked in! I'm a sucker for local owned book shops.
Race Point
We enjoyed at least two delicious meals at the lovely Lobster Pot.
It was good a trip and much needed relaxation. But must say, woe's me, a taxing 2 day work week, with a three-day work week this week, what with the Thanksgiving holiday. It called for some much need red wine last evening while sitting out back. Sweater weather indeed, but I suspect might be the last sit in the garden of the season. It was brisk.

41 comments:

  1. Gorgeous even in the "Off" season. I rather like beaches in the fall as the weather changes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of my favorite times at the beach are the off season.

      Delete
  2. Excellent pictures and so glad you had a good get away. I don't think many of us even think of taking a trip this time of year. Most think summer for traveling. Love the beach shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know many who won't go to the beach this time of year. It's only a summer thing for them.

      Delete
  3. is it me or are your button fly's popping?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should really hire you for our tourism bureau Mistress! You got some excellent photos, and I'm still full from those Lobster Pot dinners. It's always a wonderful visit when you come, and a sad day when you leave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "If you're fond of sand dunes and salty air..."

    Trust you. Even in November in an out-of-season seaside resort, you still manage to get a shag with the "gentleman" next door! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called needs dear. I have needs! He was rather a lovely fluff of cheese.

      Delete
  6. I do find the northeast truly quaint, almost nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Dave! I like many parts of the country, but I don't think I'd love anywhere as much as the Northeast.

      Delete
  7. Someday I want to stay a while in this dreamy enchanted place. I suppose getting a room somewhere in the summer months is next to impossible?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad, but one must book pretty far ahead. I know most places are booking up in January already for the summer months. It's crazy. Most people I know that go in the summer months start booking for the next summer almost right after their return home.

      Delete
  8. Glorious! I don't recall ever seeing pictures of P-town in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to get to Provincetown one more time someday. These pictures are some of the reasons I'm relocating to a seaside locale. This house is far too big for just one now. William and I used to go to P-town in the summers, and I don't think it changes much over the years. Still looks very quaint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it will be exciting to relocate to the beach! Im jealous.

      Delete
  10. The Pilgrim Monument certainly sets the tone for this week and season. I was wondering if we'd see some cape snap shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet all these years ever go up in it!

      Delete
  11. The sand dunes and the rickety fence are Pinterest worthy - I would love to visit Provincetown, and if I ever did I would do it out of season with you.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine the two of us with tootsies in the sea.

      Delete
  12. Looks so Scenic and rejuvenating, so glad you had a relaxing Holiday. I prefer the Off-Season here too, when all the Snowbirds and High Profile people are gone and it's just us Locals. I haven't been back to Cape Cod since the 1960's, we lived in Falmouth for a few Years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ever knew that! I only picture you in the West Dawn.

      Delete
  13. I love the beach in winter. I once, drunkenly, danced with friends on the beach in Provincetown, in the snow, in the dark. It was magic... and a little scary. No moon and the loud surf and a muddled brain. Anyway, your trips to P’town bring back fun memories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I find the smaller book shops too small here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the smaller book shops as long as they're not crowded. There's a small one in Philadelphia, Giovanni's room, which is the oldest and last Bookstore for all gay and lesbians. It's quite small and narrow even though it's two floors. As packed as it can get it is nice to see it doing well.

      Delete
  15. A place I need to go someday,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe you and your hubby have not been there yet.

      Delete
  16. The Lobster Pot looks like a charming place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their food there is so good, never mind I usually come out of there one waist size up!

      Delete
  17. You do it up with such style. Adore your travelogues. And those button fly jeans... sigh. Never can resist a button fly... Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pat Lark11/21/2022

    It's beautiful....but, Lordy!, it looks cold!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually wasn't too bad there the first couple of days... it was in the low 50s, but when it rained and got cloudy it was cold. But I'll take any time by the seaside.

      Delete
  19. Very pretty and scenic. I, however, like that last picture best. Three beautiful, jean-clad legs, yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my mother thought is completely out of my mind sitting outside so late in the afternoon. It was about 52 that day. You naughty girl!

      Delete
  20. That place looks like it'd be fun to be there year round, even if you had to bundle up on that last trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could easily live there year-round. It's one of the places I'm toying with when I retire years from now.

      Delete
  21. Did you wear the green elf shorts for your trip to Provincetown?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, I didn't. I worried about an updraft blowing the boys around.

      Delete
  22. 😛😛😛💋💋💋

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!