Monday, March 7, 2022

MOOD BOARD


Can it really be Monday already?  The weekend went fast! I had been away from the laptop, as it was a busy weekend but was tickled to see you all enjoyed the post about Darcelle. I still can't believe her energy for 91. This weekend found me with the Dame and his hubby for a Fire and Ice walk in Harrisburg Saturday with a few stops at some pubs for a few stiffeners. Some of the ice sculptures were stunning...others, meh. It was beautiful to get out, and finally be around some people, and the most I've been around yet, but still the crowds seem to be a nice, comfortable level. Then it was back to Bucks County, Saturday night to join my friend and ex-coworker, who was looking for volunteers for Sunday to help out with a non-profit charity in support of the Ukraine. It was an impromptu decision to head back to Philly, as I had planned on staying in Harrisburg for the weekend, but they were in need of volunteers badly, so I went for it. The United Ukrainian-American Relief Committee received a huge outpouring of donations at their Cottman Avenue building. Many residents were inspired to help the Ukrainian people during the ongoing Russian invasion. They collected medical supplies, clothing, sleeping bags, blankets, and hygiene items. It was great to be able to do more and the first time I've ever done such a task.  I met Iryna Mazur, who is the Honorary Consul of Ukraine for the Philly chapter, who was both amazing, and understatedly emotional, if not a bit bullish to get Biden to do even more in the way of relief in Ukraine. Her energy was amazing. Granted it turned into a long 19 hours but felt nice. They actually had to stop taking donations I understand, and people had to be referred to another outreach to take donations, as they had no more space to take any more. The donations were sorted by category and then packaged and shipped in four large box trucks, that will then be air lifted overseas to Poland where they will cross over into the Ukraine for distribution. Many even included letters of support and inspirational sayings.

You can join the United Ukrainian- American Relief Committee's relief efforts by visiting their website.

24 comments:

  1. So heart breaking with the situation in Ukraine. The company I work for is matching employee donations to some charities providing relief in the area.

    I admire your resolve and dedication to the relief effort in your area. I’m glad it was a very successful day.

    Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Huntley! Philly and Bucks County have a nice sizable Russian and Ukrainian community.

      Delete
  2. The people of Ukraine deserve support and respect for their facing down the acolytes of a monster. our immigration minister (may he rot in hell) suggested that Ukrainians apply for fruit picking visas if they want to seek shelter here in the UK! So far our government has really pushed out the boat and given visas for 50 people - our government is full of unempathetic bastards and the worst of all is Pretty Damn Awful (aka Home Secretary).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new governor of New York said she has the doors open for any Ukrainians who arrive here.

      Delete
  3. Donating is as easy as going on your Uber app and selecting an amount to give. Uber is matching all funds. I can't imagine having what I enjoy ripped out from under me by some war monger. Putin has to be the most hated person in the world right now... and rightly so. It is okay to hate, when the evil is so strong and obvious. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo for helping out in such a tangible way! Big relief efforts are underway all across Canada too. Outside of Ukraine and Russia, Canada has the largest Ukrainian population in the world, especially here on the prairies. Everyone is helping out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This mood board is gorgeous, and you are a warmhearted sweetie, Mads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am very saddened by this world event, but with my old body, I'm mostly donating funds to two separate reliefs and I'm letting them put the money where it is best. And I have several Ukrainian eggs given to me by a good friend from the Ukraine who passed on several years ago. They will be displayed prominently this year and with love and memory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goddess bless you!
    The atrocities keep piling up. Putin agreed to a cease-fire in exit corridors and then started shelling them with missiles. I cannot wait for someone to send him to hell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping that Biden will send Zelensky his request for aircraft to take to the skies. Someone, any country has got to help out and take the jump. He said it's the air strikes that are killing them in the cities in the Ukraine. Zelenshy has a point...words, thoughts and prayer are fine, but he needs more than words right now.

      Delete
  8. Monday, Monday, bloody Monday. And fuck that Fascist homophobic warmongering murderer Putin! He needs a good glug of Novichok, since he seems to love it so much. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just commented last week here that it would be such a shame if he got his cocktail mixed up with a poisoned one.

      Delete
  9. This war will go on until the Oligarchs are nearly broke, then they might stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I understand, the US and other countries have already seized some of their worldly belongings....and how much longer can their banks hold out?

      Delete
  10. I heart you.
    You're the best.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kudos to you, Mistress Maddie, for volunteering your time to help out with a Relief For Ukraine project! The Canadian Red Cross is accepting monetary donations for Ukraine Relief and the federal government of Canada is matching those funds, so I imagine the American Red Cross is doing something similar. Putin and his cronies need to be stopped NOW by any means available, preferably thallium or novichok-laced vodka!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we should send in Pam Demic's cousin Nadia Novichok to deal with Putin?!?!?!

      Delete
    2. Yes! A well-placed stiletto heel might just do the trick, LOL!

      Delete
  12. Beautiful. Sadly, some of your pictures now look much different in ruins. Any help is good help. I hope the countries go after Putin and end him.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really hope someone stops this madness. I would love to see Putin rot in hell.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent post! Now I know why I couldn't reach you.

    Love the Ukrainian eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. And history repeats itself, feels like the eve of WWII.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the same thing, from what I hear and that will not be good. I just hope Putin's funding runs out by then.

      Delete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!