Monday, March 14, 2022

MOOD BOARD

 How is it possible another weekend is gone by? And another busy one, so excuse my absence. I had an event and birthday party in Philadelphia. But the spring like weather we had took a turn into the cold temps again and yes...another snow! At one point in looked like a white out blizzard here in Bucks County. I almost wasn't going to go as I walk over to my regional rail to catch the train into town. Well, I went, and by time the train got into Philly, which was a 30 minute trip...nothing. Philly had gotten no rain, no snow, and wind. Hard to believe how different the weather from town to town can be. I was out amongst some of the biggest crowds yet, and was shocked by the number of masks still being worn. I wore mine mostly in the crowds and some shops, I went in, and on the train where it is still mandatory. Had to stop at Shane's Confectionery. How could I not, and they are not only still masking, but still limiting the store to ten people. On the way back to the train Sunday from a nice walk about the city, I ran into the Market Street St Patrick's Parade, by pure coincidence. All these years have never seen it. It was quite the parade, as Philly does do and put on a good parade. Heard some excellent String band and Irish music. It is things like this I miss about living in the cosmopolitan city atmosphere. It almost seemed like old times... a new normal, with good friends, some dancing, some cock-a-tails, brunch, and a nice walk about the city, got some great photos. And the men's! Oh Lord, are they ever still good looking down there. Met a few handsome things. I never been one to celebrate St Patrick's, even though I'm part Irish. Well with exception to my guilty pleasure of the Shamrock Shake, which I have already had 5. The clover here is sprouting. Before you use a weed killer, take a second look. They frequently pop up in the yard, reminding you that others are always thinking of you. And squirrels love feasting on the white flower when they bloom. I love seeing them in the grass.

32 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend.

    Sassybear
    www.idleeyesandadormy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm part Irish too, although it is a very diluted part as far as I am concerned. A Scottish blacksmith named Macfarlane married an Irish washerwoman in 1660 (a few years before I was born).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the green! I forget about your Irish side. I would say your Czech and Dutch sides show more...especially in some areas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love this mood board. Green is one of my favorite colors. I love clovers too. I find them sweet. I used to collect four leaf clovers. I also seem to manage to find one. I then tape them on an index card. I have about 25 cards now with four leaf clovers.

    Yes, it is good to get out, even if it is a new normal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really are lucky! You should take all the cards, make a collage and then frame it.

      Delete
  5. Im not Irish, but for some reason always loved St Patty's day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great-grandfather was Irish. I'm in more of a charred brown mood today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea you were part Irish!!!!

      Delete
    2. Yep, genetically not culturally. French and German too. I'm culturally Black American.

      Delete
  7. Be sure to kiss the . . . Blarney Stone! (Oh, is that what they're calling it these days?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those images inspired me to do an Irish jig - - but I couldn't, because there's still some ice and snow on the ground here in TN. Perhaps it will melt by St. Paddy's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, right after I left that comment on your blog, our temps dropped and we got snow, so Im not saying anything again, lol. But luckily it's warmed up and all gone already.

      Delete
  9. What a wonderful mood board today, Mistress! There's still a foot of snow here, so I really needed me some green to put me in the mood for St. Patrick's Day, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow we got on Saturday looked like a blizzard. But now with the sun and warmth...you'd never know we had a snow storm. Crazy.

      Delete
  10. Nice to get out, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great images. I found a 4-clover in our backyard when I was about 6. I dropped it and lost it a moment later. So much for it bringing good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG same!
    The thing is that I avoided the whole St.Pat at Chi. They dyed the river green and all and it was way too crowded for me. But surprisingly, a ton of people with masks. Yay.
    And loved the mood board. I can't wait for Spring to get here.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks cool when they do that, but never understand why they do that?

      Delete
  13. I'm feeling the rebirth of the green. We were to have bad winds and rain and tornadoes on Saturday and we got sprinkles and blue skies, so it was a glorious weekend to be out and about in Camden.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've only ever been in one actual maze and it was rather boring... just thought you'd like to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will sleep better knowing that now. I was in an elaborate labyrinth once and it was rather exciting.

      Delete
  15. I am easily distracted by naked men running through the clover. Roll me over, roll me over, roll me over, in the clover... Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Did someone say Shamrock Shakes???? I love those too! The green pictures made me happy this Monday. I saw too on the news where you guys got snow out there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's almost funny you posted about clovers. It's actually one of my favorite plants.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Philly sound like a great place, all that history.
    I think will diary pill and get my self a shamrock shake.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By all means, if you haven't had one go get one! I am obsessed over them.

      Delete
  19. and the bees feed on the beautiful clover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point Penguin. Clover honey is one of my favorites!

      Delete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!