Sunday, May 12, 2019

TO THE MOTHERS

Today in the US we are celebrating Mother's Day. My own dear mother trekked  down to the Casa du Borghese for a long weekend to get out of Dodge. I treated her to some time at a lavender farm up by the lake already,  and visited Longwood Gardens for their luminary night, yesterday. I will cook her dinner today. There is no denying, a connection with our mothers is strong and can not be broken if we choose. Happy Mothers Days to all the Mother's out there, and my blog friends..... We thank you.

You are the sunlight in my day.
You are the moon I see far away.
You are the tree I lean upon.
You are the one that makes troubles be gone.
You are the one who taught me about life,
How not to fight and what is right.
You are the words inside my song.
You are my love, my life, my mom.
You are the one who cares for me.
You are the eyes that help me see.
You are the one who knows me best,
When it's time to have fun and time to rest.
You are the one who has helped me to dream.
You hear my heart and you hear my screams.
Afraid of life but looking for love.
I'm blessed, for God sent you from above.
You are my friend, my heart, and my soul.
You are the greatest friend I know.
You are the words inside my song.
You are my love, my life, my mom. 
Ann seems founded in the US right here in Philadelphia.

27 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to all birth mothers and village mothers. I enjoyed your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwww, that final one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!
    I have never read such lovely words.
    My own mum took her own life when I was thirty year old. I'm an only child and it hit me hard.

    You are a lovely person, mistress. Wish I lived nearer. We could feed the birds and visit the lavender field. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (((Christina))). I hope that still means hugs.

      Delete
    2. xoxoxoxoxo to your mother, Maddie. And
      the same to all. Wonderful pictures. :-)

      Delete
    3. A group hug for all us!!!!!!

      Delete
    4. @Deedles. You are another reason I visit here. I love your sense of humour and your honesty.xx

      Delete
    5. Chritina what a heartbreaking story. I too give you some hugs. It would be so fun to hang with you. I would be more then happy to feed birds and take you to the farm. I hope you had a good weekend.

      Delete
  4. I love these! My mother was a toxic, mean egg donor, but I'm a semi-terrific mommy and grandma, so there! You look like your mother. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Semi terrfic????? I bet your one the best around Duchess Deedles!!!!!!

      Delete
  5. Thank you Mistress!!!! What a lovely and touching post. I love the pictures, but even more so I got teary eyed. For being a mother, your love for your mothers and the comments here. We all have had different experienced...but you know what we all turned in wonderful mamas. Very touching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I have to get cleaned up. Your words and accompanying pictures have got me crying!!!!!!!! Very moving. I'm cooking dinner with my mother later.

    And you know what...even then you looked mischievous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with that...even then mischievous.

      Delete
    2. I agree with anyone who can spell mischievous!

      Delete
  7. Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww baby animals! Awwww baby Maddie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I was behaved once...contrary to popular belief.

      Delete
  9. Happy Mothers Day to all. And never knew about that philly tidbit.

    A lovely ode to mothers mistress. You are a sweet person.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know where that historical marker is located. I am grateful to your mom for birthing you. cute pix of you and your mom, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And the common thread here....no matter what species...a mother loves her offspring. Your mother did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. On mother's day they always show cute pictures of mother animals and their babies. They never show pictures of those babies biting their mother's nipples.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was a very surreal day for me. Woke thinking, "Call mom and wish her a Happy Mother's Day." Then remembered, "I don't have a mom anymore." Weird.

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely to hear that you are having some real quality time with your mum - enjoy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!