Wednesday, May 8, 2019

COMORANTS!!!!

The invasion continues!!!!! Nocturne, it seems talked to a flock of cormorants, and now I have their support with my evil plan for world domination starting with DC. After work yesterday, I headed to the lake for another 6 mile jog, and then talk to the head cormorant. I have their support... and also explained to them, per the request of the lovely Miss Scarlet, who would like to have the cormorants return to Britain toot sweet, I'd like them  to invade the prime minster there. I tried Scarlet, but they didn't seem to be budging with any urgency. I even dare say they are stuborn. From what I hear of Ms May, can you blame them?
If you never heard of cormorants, don't feel bad. I have never saw them before this year up at the lake, and from a picture last week I posted did I find out what they were .Double breasted Cormorants are the most wise spread in North America, althought, I have never seen them in these parts before. They seem to like most frequently freshwater and inland lakes, and often build nest high in trees in colonies. They can often be seen floating low in the water from such heavy bodies, or they will be seen flocked together in groups, on rocks, branches, and shores, with their wings wide open to air dry them since their feathers don't dry like other birds. This aquatic bird often have small heads, long kinked necks and strong hooked bills, roughly the length of their heads.
Further in the woods, high in the trees, I saw villages of nest made of sticks, upwards of 30 or 40. I couldn't zoom in close enough, but it was very cool to see. Next time I'll have to take my other camera. And the noise!!! Their plotting I'm sure. Can't wait to hear what they got in mind. Good to have them on my side.

18 comments:

  1. wow; interesting birds. they do look intimidating with their winds spread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a pond at the White House they can flock to on an advance reconnaissance mission?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are getting them here in the city as well, I don't see any in the countryside however. I have heard there are some around larger lakes south of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh, world domination, huh? I hate to inform you, but between the crows and these guys, you've got yourself caught in the middle of a "Black Power" resurgence! I'm assuming that you're an ally, so you should be safe. I'll pull some strings.
    Seriously, these birds are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have similar birds here in SoFl, and they may be cormorants after all, but my favorite thing about them is how they spread their wings to get them dry after they've gone for a swim. I'm partial to cranes. They are elegant, snobbish, and shrewd. I think they may be one of my spirit animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi walter!!! In last weeks post I did feature the pics of a lovely blue heron up at the lake you'd love.

      Delete
  6. Good pictures! Here in SE WA they hang out on the Columbia River north of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The penultimate photo is my favourite. Those curving wings look like the Cormorant is going in for a hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope Scarlet doesn't miss them too much, she may have to come here to get them.

      Delete
    2. Booking my flight as I type! Goodness, why have they abandoned us? Whatever next? The Ravens leaving the Tower???
      Sx

      Delete
  8. 6 miles!! and with the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are lovely birds. I have never seen or heard of them. I love the pictures from the lake of late. I exhausted just thinking of walking 6 miles gurl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post Mistress....I am throughly enjoying your blog this week. These birds are so pretty. The wing span!!!! I can imagine they might be noisy. They have that look about them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Lovely pictures. They look huge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We’ve got types of cormorants here, too. Did you know they’re also known as Shags?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did know about the snags. Mr. Device from above is a good bird professor. He features many birds too.

      Delete
  13. There is something majestic about those birds. You need one or two for the Casa.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!