Wednesday, December 11, 2019

FUN, MOON & STARS

It's that time of year again to start featuring one of my favorite parts of the holidays....window shopping!!!! 

As this is posting, I'm most likely on the train back to Philly from a day in New York. The team and I always go into NYC for the day and visit the other stores and check out the windows, have a swanky lunch, and take in holiday sights. But right before Thanksgiving, I was also at our main flagship to help with displays and windows. I've had these pictures, but didn't want to feature them to early. This year we had a fun theme I think. Bloomie’s marks the 50th anniversary of the moon landing with window after window of space-age displays, and the signs of the zodiac. I thought of out dear Dog's Mother and Penquin this year when I heard the theme. In one window, robotic arms slowly reach out to grab an ornament and, carefully, automatically attach it to a golden tree: Elon Musk might want to take notes. In another window, several blasé-looking, nonbinary mannequins — imagine the Jetsons, retooled by David Bowie — recline in what’s titled “a Stellar Soiree.” Several windows on the store’s Third Avenue side complete the show, including one with a microphone that lets you karaoke to “Jingle Bells”. I unfortunately wasn't there for the unveiling, but this year we had John Legend kick off the windows unveiling with his singing. Some of these shots are also from my store location.
Yes, the rocket comes out of the window!
One of the mannequins I styled for the  Stellar Party window. I loved the hair and would probably wear it. OPPS..it's from my own collection.
Inside the store were variously placed moments featuring the zodiacs signs. 
Aquarius was the one I got!!! I thought it turned out rather nice. Just alots of spray painting!!!
Some of the men's mannequins I styled this season. The Lad says they all look like me!
And these orbs you see or all metal, or crystal orbs and take almost three full days to get up and in place. The finished look was in the opening picture. These are usually a big crowd pleaser.

If anyone does get into New York be sure not to miss inside our store... Ralph’s Winter Wonderland Polar Ice Bar, an entire bar made entirely out of ice, and serves a Daily Harvest latte and coffee sampling counter. On my last day there, we were in for a treat as Adam Rippon was shopping in the store amd was in the ice bar!!!!!!
He was pretty cool and had on very TIGHT pants. I asked if I could hold on to his ice cubes while he gave me ice skating lesson. I'm still awaiting an answer on the Adam.

31 comments:

  1. Omg love me some Adam!
    And those windows are stunning. Love the theme and the space doggie is fantastic!

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) the space doggy!
    And everything else! Lots of
    talent and hard work.
    xoxoxox :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooooooooooooh, maddie, the lad is correct!

    FABU space/zodiac scenes, but then again you and your team are always FABU!

    c'mon, adam, give maddie a lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous windows and displays. I keep saying Carlos and I need to get to NYC for the holidays but something always comes up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man!!!!! No wonder you have had some much overtime!!!!!!!!!! Everything looks so great!!!! Love the theme and you sure do hair!!!!!! That Aquarius is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH I LOVE IT!!!!!! It never ceases to amaze me how you creative types always seem to come up with things to do every year. And it entices us to shop. And the hair!!!! Windows are defiantly a dying art, so thank you for keeping these things going. I can't wait to see Bergdorfs and that your trip was fun today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With store shuttering every year...the tour is getting shorter. Then we'll have to start a bar tour.

      Delete
  7. So sad I’m not seeing these in person this year!!!! I will look forward to these post, always do. But what a fun theme! And of course I love your work. Those are some hair styles for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing says Christmas is upon us like your December post. That robotic window decorating the tree is amazing. And those orbs are awesome! And Im partial...I do love your Aquarian incarnation!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous as usual... can't wait to go see them next week. You always do nice work. And Ill be sure to check out the ice bar too. Do you think Adam will be there again?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truly incredible!!!!!!!! That is an awesome theme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant and fun!!!!!!! When and if you get the wigs back, I sure wouldn't mind having those!!! I think the zodiac theme would make for great windows too. And the orbs are so chic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow Maddie, I wish I was there! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of all, when outside the orchestra you may have to dress me. The things will put together and pull it off always looks great. And the rest? It truly is out of this world. Your so creative in a different way...I loved seeing this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Astonishing - as always👃 it’s like a Christmas gift in it self to see these. It look like a lot of work, but I can imagine it is very fun to go to work. I love the windows.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Saw them in person this year. Finally!!!! All windows are works of art! So beautiful! The zodiac mannequins are so cool. Thanks to you and all of the designers for sharing their talent with the world for us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish I could see all this in person. I love the NYC store windows and would really enjoy seeing your incredible work, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere I look!
    How do you get the pants to fit like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find some Crisco on the legs works. Huh, you meant the mannequins?!?!

      Delete
  18. OMG what awesome pictures. You certainly are talented. And Adam is not ignoring you. He was just stunned by your request.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait till i get him in bed. He'll be stunned then.

      Delete
  19. I'm also blown away by your work. Those Aquarius girls are stunning Maddie. And i too agree with the Lad. Those men's mannqiuns do look like you. Bravo Maddie!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it!!!$ sure don't see stuff like that around here.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your work is superb, Mistress! LOVE your Aquarius!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Camp as Xmas, indeed! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Does this mean your fired your rocket?

    Jokes aside...great them. I imagine the kids love it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry, my hump day screwed up my blog reading. Dogs in Space. Don't give mine any ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you implying they are already space cadets?

      Delete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!