Saturday, December 21, 2019

TIFFANY AND RALPH


With s few more department stores shuttering this year, the tour of them is getting shorter, as Barney's now makes it's exit from the retail world. But leave it to some fine specialty stores to do some wonderful feeling windows.  I can't imagine New York at Christmas without these creative windows. Another stop for me every year is Tiffany's & Co.
Tiffany's always manages to create a damn creative window and no easy feat creating them in such a small space, as these jewelry windows are not that big,  They always tell a compelling story.The Tiffany-blue display will certainly dazzle any passerby on Fifth Avenue. The brand's display tells a story about the main protagonist ,Tiffany's, of course, mouse, in a delightful and charming way.  I also enjoyed the advent calendar.
Meanwhile over at Ralph Lauren, the place always reeks of style and luxury, but the windows broke from the normal there....much more fun and whimsy...with a floral theme to them. Loving ranunculus flowers you know I loved these. The inside doesn't disappoint either. And they managed to milk me for another cashmere sweater.
Plus they make a mean cup of coffee!

17 comments:

  1. The big flowers made me think of Van Gogh in the rain forest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, I like the lovey-dovey mice sitting together in the blue Tiffany diamond ring box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always fun to see these. Thanks for posting.
    Loves the mice, too.
    xoxoxox :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ralph uses color well. and tiffany's owns one of my company's instruments; it was in for service last week. the mice are cute, as are the blue boxes spelling "love".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to visit Tiffany's someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the two little mice but my favourite picture is of the black, marble fireplace. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like the Tiffany Blue, but Ralph Lauren's tropical coloured, almost gaudy display, is just what one wants in a grey, overcast winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I need another cashmere sweater! Thanks for the reminder of the Tiffany windows. I had forgotten how magical they could be. This year’s are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How life should be. Sigh.

    Jx

    PS What's Simon Doonan going to do now that Barney's is closing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simon had cut back on his position several years ago, but was still a free lance director at large so to speak. When he cut back you could tell.

      Delete
  10. I think it's sad the stores are closing... One wonders that they don't pare down instead. Not everything transfers well to digital.

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So are you going to model the sweater for us?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The window displays are truly AMAZING. Thanks for sharing these great photos. It almost makes me want to abandon my wilderness retreat and run to the Big City......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Love those Tiffany mice!

      Delete
  13. I wonder if I'll get any baubles from Tiffany's this year from Santa? Those are incredible windows.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too like the Tiffany windows! And is that Rockefeller Center in the opening?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!