Sunday, December 15, 2019

AMSTERDAM


No...the Mistress didn't jet set off to Amsterdam...but how I wish to return there. But I am in the Red Light District! The halls of the Casa du Borghese were decked this week...and as regulars readers will tell you, the red lights are glowing from the windows again, to the dismay of neighborhood busy bodies. I love red lights on the tree and candles.  The clan are all in agreement that the red suits me, and I tend to agree.  At night between the tree, red candles lit all over, and bubble lights, the whole house glows in red, but I've yet see Redrum appear anywhere. I just love how my home looks this time of year, even though, Christmas is not my favorite holiday. I do have some good memories and tradiotns though. Every year, the abode is adorned with festive lights and beautiful ornaments. Every year, I fill my home with lots of cheerful holiday decorations which were either family owned, or gifts given to me over the years. Just about everything has a story, and my tree is trimmed in all red, with exception to about 30 clip bird ornaments. Birds on my tree shocking right?!? While Im gone, I firgured I can give you a season tour.....
This is probably one of my most treasured decorations. It was given to me by my aunt and uncle. A Christmas pyramid made by the Muller Co out of Germany. I love watching it at night when I get home and relaxing .
A Brandywine Critter squirrel.
I love vintage Shiny-Brite balls. They are all over the house filled in things. Most of these were either my grandmother's or  given to me over the years from good friend, the Dame Courtney.
The other love is Bottle Brush Trees. I'm starting to get quite a collection.
Who wants their nuts cracked?
In the kitchen the bar is ready and stocked!
I love me those old bubble lights. I have many but only put these two out this year.
In the boudoir....One of my favorite little trees I made about 15 years ago.
Even Buck gets the holiday treatment.
A snow scene I made with extra little things I found and came up with this little bell jar display for the nightstand.
That's it for now. No underwear tour guide this time since I'm away. Have you decorated yet? If your proud of your tree, or a holiday decoration with a story, email me a picture at mistressborghese@yahoo.com by December 22, and I'll share them in a post Christmas week and see if we can place a decoration to it's owner. 
This could be fun.

41 comments:

  1. With all those red lights, we ought to be singing Roxanne! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... so beautiful Maddie, when I win the lottery I'm flying you in and hiring you to decorate my house for Christmas. Then comes the big blog party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such marvelous lovely things; I am envious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't decorate, I'm glad you enjoyed viewing them then.

      Delete
  4. shiny-brite ornaments were the best; wish those were still being made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christopher Radko brought them back...but they do NOT have the same feel or look to them by any means...nor even do Radko's own ornaments.

      Delete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous and incredibly creative. Love the red - - and I haven't seen bubble lights in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a huge bubble light candelabra also, but didn't put it out this year. I love watching them things.

      Delete
  6. It's all so beautiful...but why doesn't it surprise me you have Nutcrackers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Christmas hues and color around your home. They have this earthy glamour aspect and really loved your Christmas pyramid.Christmas decorations in my home are everywhere too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your place gleams all year...and I have always loved your shiny brite BALLS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there a real mouth full!

      Delete
    2. Hand full too, by the looks of it....

      Delete
    3. The balls aren't the only mouthful.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for sharing pictures of your lovely and warm home and the Christmas decor. I too love bottle brush trees. And the Red Lights looks so warm.

    Ill submit a picture!!! That could be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every year, I look forward to your Christmas decorating post... and it never disappoints. Very beautiful!

    One year I'd like to help you arrange your balls!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. makes me wonder how many times your balls will be mentioned in the comments?

      Delete
  11. Oh the coincidence! I too have red lights(could be a Scorpio thing) I also have bottle brush trees and nutcracker soldiers.
    I will try and get my technical head on to send you a pic......
    Yours is all so very glamorous. I'm sure none of us can compete!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it any wonder I enjoy you so much? I just adore bottle brushes...and I though i was the only odd ball who like red.

      Delete
  12. I too always love your touches. One man is times do your hear that?!?!?!? My favorite is always the tresses yoi have of all sizes. I will have to snap mine and send a picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Im loving Alf this!
    The most xmasy I ever got was when the snow felled a lot of branches and I decided to have a Charlie Brown xmas tree two years ago.
    This is lovely. I love how you make everything look so... cozy and beautiful!

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year i had a live Charlie brown tree in the bedroom. It was one of my favorite trees ever. They are also good to have if you don't do alot of decorating. Just something that simple can make you feel seasonal and in the spirit.

      Delete
  14. The warm red glow really suits you. It makes it more difficult to see when you’ve over imbibed (I’d there is such a thing).

    ReplyDelete
  15. J did the tree this year in red and gold, mostly red balls.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ♫ ♪ It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ... ♪ ♫

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want to come stay with you!!!!! I love the little colored bottle brush trees in the colors. And the bird cage with balls is cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. all this and not one picture of your Yule log????

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always knew you liked shiny-brite balls. We did ours in gold again this year. Maybe I'll figure out how to take a pic with this new phone and send it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The all gold sounds amazing!

      Delete
    2. I shall try to work out this new phone. God, I hate learning new gadgets. I swear, they move all the functions just to screw with me. LOL

      Delete
  20. Very, very, very festive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always look forward to see you place for Christmas. I can see why your all comfort their. I love the way you arrange things. Since marrying William we now celebrate Hanukkah. I too love all the glass ornaments in the vessels. So simple yet so sparking. And the Christmas pyramid is a treasure for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You always seem to get me in the mood for Christmas. I think I'lL go and get a small tree tonight and decorate some. Ypu gave me some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Warm cozy and welcoming. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just love how you arrange things together. I also like how you have a suitcase with little things on to of it. That's is cool. When should I expect my invite?

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love watching the change in decorations at your place. I'm also thinking about that Roxanne song now.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!