Wednesday, December 18, 2019

BERGDORF GOODMAN


Hands down...every year, Bergdorf Goodman is almost always my favorite windows. David Hoey and his visual team on the windows always do such a tediously, stunning, talented job every year. Such details in the window, I wonder if the general public ever even notices some of the small things in the windows. While these are great, they weren't my favorite of theirs, in some years... which is shocking. I found the fashion very hard to see with the way the mannequins  were staged. But definitely worth a look if in the area.  Seven windows filled with old-fashioned frivolity — musical chairs, a slumber party, a scavenger hunt, even a giant pinball machine. A life-size chess game has two glamorous, red- and green-sequined queens going head to head amid a battalion of bishops and rooks, while a card game in another window features a frog splashing into a pond, an ace of spades clutched in one of his webbed feet. Thanks to the dazzling perspective — all these tableaux are viewed from overhead even though they are being viewed straight on. — these are the most dizzying windows in town. No small feat I can tell you. All these mannequins and props and display have to be rigged and bolted to the back wall and rigged with hidden wires to give the appearance your viewing it from over head. THIS IS VERY TIME CONSUMING...TRUST ME. You could look at each window for 10 or 15 minutes and still see something different. 

This one was probably my favorite!! Now this is a fun card game.
After seeing the inside...it's just as stunning. After seeing these you may see why I have no problem shopping here. Quality goods and excellent top notch service.
You can only get this  in New York.

22 comments:

  1. I see what you mean with the windows
    overwhelming the fashion!
    Lots of hard work. xoxoxox :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic!
    The vision. The artistry. The creativity.
    Stunning.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!!! Would love to see that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't even know where to start with something like this. These would be worth a trip to New York alone. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phenomenal!!!!!! You just don't see things like this on the West Coast!!!! I can't believe their is a whole zebra in the window!!! And the inside is so ELEGANT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see they kept them nice and understated. LOL. Must be exhausting working in those spaces?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cap Chasen12/19/2019

    A walk past the BG windows was an annual tradition for me during the almost 20 years I lived in Manhattan. Thanks! What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - opulence, indeed! A dazzling feast for the eyes. I clicked to embiggen the pictures....and your right. I see something new every time I looked. So many details. The pinball is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No one does windows better than New York City stores .Magical! The chess game is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...just wow. The planning that had to go into executing this vision must have been phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You'd look great in that fur wrap in the last photo. Some of the windows are so busy, they are hard to see, if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sensory overload! Just fabulous, bot the windows and inside the store. I'd get lost just looking at the displays, forget about the shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never trust a zebra. They cheat at cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mind boggling talent and craftsmanship. I need to see these in person one year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I finally saw them this week. INCREDIBLE

    ReplyDelete
  16. "Up the Down Escalator" is fabulously dizzying! I wish my nearest city had such window wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am absolutely lost for words. It's astounding!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The stores here certainly do not do anything like that. Perhaps they'd draw more customers if they did.

    ReplyDelete
  19. William and i had out annual trip to Bergdorfs Monday and absolutely loved the windows. So fun. We used to get up once a season but you know, we"re old now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is amazing!!!! Every year they seem to top themselves. Love the chess game and the black and white windows.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those windows are amazing, and I love the store interior as well.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!