Tuesday, December 24, 2019

CHRISTMAS EVE

Happy Christmas Eve! 
 Now before you think the Mistress flipped it and went all religious...fear not...I went plum nuts years ago. 
Last time I was up to the ancestral home to help the Mother decorate, I had remembered the nativity set my father had. He had gotten it when I was very wee gayling. Over the years he added several more of the figurines that didn't originally come with it. Like the shepherd, the camels, and some of the lambs and the lone goat. I always got excited over it's coming out, because to me they were like little dolls or a play set. Course, mind you, he never let me play with it. On the night, on Christmas Eve, he would put a little light in the back to light it up, and the little baby Jeebus didn't get placed in the manger till that night, right after the midnight candle light service. We hadn't had the set out since his passing in 2001. While I'm not religious, and not sure what I believe in, if anything, I must admit the set is very neat to look at with it's details. It was made in Italy, and the manger itself is very cool to see. And just as I remembered, I still loved the camels!!! So we put it out this year for shits and giggles, and who knows if we will put it out again next year, but it did bring about a good memory of my father.
I'll be home for Christmas as usual, where we will be at my aunt and uncle's for her roast beef and Yorkshire pudding Christmas eve dinner, followed by our other tradition of her very strong eggnog, and my viewing of A Christmas Carol with George C Scoot, where I never make it to the end because of said egg nog. I then slip into my old room, tug the sugar plums a few good times and sleep like a baby. Christmas day is just always a laid back and relaxing day as is the week. 

So, anyone who knows me, knows I can't stand the new Christmas carols. Nope, give me the Ray Conniff Singers, The New Christy Minitrials, Les Baxter, Pearcy Faith and the such. BUT this year I did fall in love with this song from Members Only, a mix of sorts from the Nutcracker...sure to pep you up.

I'll return before the New Year. May you all have a magical, wonderful, memorable Christmas! THANK YOU for you constant kind words, FUN comments, and for visiting -truly grateful for all of your friendships DARLINGS...
🎄⛄🎅

22 comments:

  1. I absolutely adored your open tradition here, and I say you should continue it. It's the memory that gets you. It's a lovely nativity set.

    And the song was very chic! I loved it. But what I wish to say is have Merry Christmas. You have no idea how I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy hanukkah, agnes & william! LOVED your holiday decorations in maddie's last post!

      Delete
  2. Loves the Nativity set. Not sure where
    my parents' set went... Have a good time
    and lots of blessings. xxoxoxox :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the Nutcracker? Didn't he used to hang out at Stallions?

    Anyway, have a Merry Christmas... and thank you for not cursing us with that rancid Mariah Carey song!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw. Thank you mistress, for your blog and your "virtual" friendship. All good wishes! Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whether anyone is religious or not, the nativity is a lovely tradition. As you said, it evokes fond childhood memories. I have no doubt your family Christmas Eve dinner will be fantastic. Have a warm and wonderful holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Years, Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SMOOCHES, sweet maddie! enjoy the holidays with your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your Christmas Maddie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yorkshire Pudding!!!! I had mine the other day.
    Have a wonderful day!!
    SXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tasted yorkshire pudding in years. I do have a made-in-the-UK xmess pudding and brandy butter for new year's day though.

      Delete
  10. Love it!
    Happy Holidays Maddie!

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  11. A truly elegant scene and great music. If I never hear Mariah Carey again, it will be too soon! You might want to check that angel; I don’t think he’s hung straight. Then again, who is? Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bwhahahahahaha! not on this blog! I may be the only str8 person out here!

      Delete
  12. Enjoy the Sugar Plums, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Christmas mistress. May all your Christmas dreams come true. I also vote for continuing with the nativity set. The wonderful memories of childhood should be cherished and kept in a special place in our hearts. And be careful with the sugar plums. You don’t want to bruise them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a manger scene for mich the same reason. Your is a very nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joseph looks rather handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely and poignant post. And what a stunning nativity scene. I too say keep tradition going.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. That nativity scene is very pretty. To pretty to stay packed all year. Sound like it was overdue to make its appearance again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That got my feet moving. I m not much for newer carols, but that sounded cool. I have long stopped putting up my nativity, if I even know where it is.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!