Wednesday, December 12, 2018

CHIRSTMAS IN WHO-VILLE


A queen's work is never done. This year, the company I work for always opts for a interactive window, which I'm not huge on, but they seem to be a huge hit with the crowds. To usher in the holiday season, our luxury retailer was inspired by Dr. Seuss' The Grinch, or at least Illumination's and Universal Pictures’ newest version. In addition to telling a beloved story about a holiday hater turned merry maker (along with some mannequins serving fierce, whimsical holiday looks, and wigs done by yours truly, while the windows offer some high-tech interactive features. 

That's right, they're more than just something pretty to look at!  The first window allows passerby to take a selfie which then appears inside the window next to the Grinch's head. A few windows down, music lovers can press buttons with the Grinch's trusted canine companion Max. These knobs play sounds coming from the Grinch's snazzy organ.

In another window, there's a telescope popping out of the glass which viewers can look through to see what's up in Whoville.

Mistress inspired hair!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have made a great Heat Miser right?
Another window, had the illusion that the whole tree was coming out of the window.
Meanwhile at my home base store, we continued the crazy "Who" hairstyles in animated like routines, and the beautiful lit crystal orbs we hang in the main aisles.
I'll bet you can't tell a ex- drag queen works in the store huh? And reader Steven had asked in a post if there were awards for the best windows, and I answered not to my knowledge. Well low and behold, there is!!!! Turns out my company won the bronze for windows, while Saks Fifth Avenue won the silver and Tiffany's the gold. They apparently judge on crowd interaction and response, creativity and theme, and execution and technique. Who knew? And on a side not...at a show last week I was hosting in New Hope, here is my famous "Who" look?

 And that's with 5 gins in me.

34 comments:

  1. "These knobs play sounds coming from the Grinch's snazzy organ." There's just so much wrong in that sentence, and why am I always the one to go there? I think I'll shut up now. Too late?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your in good company dear on this blog. Did you also see Ms.Moorecock compared you to a drag queen in the previous post? She never compliments anyone.

      Delete
    2. Awww. No I didn't see that. I've been battling a particularly severe depression and only coming out of my cave sporadically. Trying not to inflict myself on the merry makers :) Bright spot: Ex brother in law got five more years in prison for killing my sister fourteen years ago this month. Whoo hoo! Is it too late to quit while I'm still ahead?

      Delete
    3. That is great news Duchess Deedles. With any luck, the first family will be next to him soon.

      Delete
    4. Deedles hit the comment of the year. My thought was how many barrels of hairspray did that take?

      Delete
    5. I second travel penguin; 3 cheers for silky ganache!

      Delete
  2. Im feeling this windows since Im a huge Grinch fan. Not as in nasty but I love the character. And your work at your store is break taking!!!! And your wearing that outfit girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post! Congrats to your company on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the windows and the whole Grinchinest of the looks!

    Sidestory: every year, when I was a wee queerling, our next door neighbors would take their Christmas tree, cut it in half down the trunk, and put half inside their house and half outside their house in the front window. So they always had an indoor/outdoor tree.
    It was very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHOA. Those are some seriously beautiful windows. I can see why the interactive one is such a hit, now that everybody has a phone attached to their hand while shopping. But the Grinch-inspired wigs and setups give me LIFE. Super creative. Love the one that says 'Naughty' and the Grinch is grinching away.
    They are art.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful and a lot of creative work! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so fantastically creative! I love all of them - - including the interactive features.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are damn cool. And I can see you in all those wigs!! But I'm am so shocked you had something erect on your head!!! Looking hot in red.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh Cindy Lou, you’re gorgeous. And I’d make a trip to Philly just to see your store designs. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gurl, you is STYLIN'! were some of the mannequin wigs your personal faves? congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the whole grinch theme. And the hair. I was in your store recently and I was bragging about how I sort on knew you. I was like, yeah, I know the person who did these displays. We all loved the wigs and fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the theme, and that tree coming out of the window is amazing. How fun is that? And I am in love with that look. I need that red dress, even though I'll need a tub of crisco to get in it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are talented in so many fronts.!!! I find bloomingdales to always be very on top of current trends and hot movies and such. And those huge orbs are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got huge orbs, but ain't nobody gonna see those! maddie can testify about them!

      Delete
  14. Those are extremely whimsical. Love it. Though, I must admit when I read push buttons to play the Grinch's organ - - well, you know where my mind went!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the one mannequin in the picture with the green hair and long robe like coat. She is like the Queen of Whoville or something. I am enjoying seeing all these windows.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everybody sing... "the lady in red, is dancing with me, and I'm feeling her cheeks" ok so I changed the lyrics a bit, it was a Freudian slip but your radiant beauty overwhelmed me! This awards committee places you in first position, you will be showered in gold, yes there's a dirty pun in there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those displays are amazing, and yes I was wondering how many gallons of Aqua-Net it took to get that hairdo to stand up like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and ya notice how it looks like a butt plug...

      Delete
    2. Do they still make Aqua Net?

      Delete
    3. They still do make Aqua Net...it all I use at work and on my wigs. Once styled, my wigs get a good spray. I'm here to tell you, they aren't budging...even in a hurricane!!!

      Delete
  18. WOW!!!! Those are very fun. I am loving all those hairstyles! And can you say Va Va Voom on that red ensemble!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Never been a fan of the Grinch cartoon, but I will say those windows are amazing. And your store looks great. If William and I get up that way to should stop in and take it all in. Im enjoying all these windows and shops.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Whoville never looked so glamorous.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!