Monday, December 10, 2018

GRINCH-MAS TIME

Well seems this meme has been going from Spo, to Lurker to Debs, to Anne Marie and then RJ. I don't seem to ever do these much, but I find it a good way to learn more about your host, so what the hell! Hard to believe I could be a Grinch, I'm more the Heat Miser... but here it goes.....

What do you hate most about Christmas?
That is an easy one. The crowds. Luckily for me, I don't give many gifts anymore, so I don't have to worry about going to near malls. And if I do I just shout  RATS! and that generally clears the place. And people have absolutely no sense of humor this time of year. The other day a lady came up and asked to see something cheap and in a dress. I says, Well, there's a mirror to your right.

What is your least favorite piece of Christmas music?
If have to hear Mariah Scary sing that fucking Christmas song of her's one more time, which reminds me of a squealing cat,  I may stab her trachea with an ice pick.

What traditional Christmas food OTHER THAN FRUITCAKE  is being sent down the garbage disposal?

 Snickerdoodle cookies. Christ they are so hard they'd break a window if you threw one at them.

Which animated TV Christmas special leaves you wanting to rip the wallpaper off the walls?
Well I love the Peanuts and all those stop animation classics, even the obscure ones....I mean, how do you not love the Snow and Heat Miser's?  And Ethel Mermen in Rudolph's Shinning New Year!!! I know I have seen some newer animated specials. I can't recall the names, but I know I would rather wall paper instead.

What was your least favorite Christmas gift ever?
I can't remember who, but someone gave me the thickest pair of socks once. I have no idea how in the hell one was to wear a shoe with them, and the pattern was hideous. They late severed as over the hand dust rags.

Who on your Christmas list is the hardest to shop for?
Really  no one. When I meet new people I try to really get to know them and there interests. So should I ever need to get a gift, I have a good idea what to get.

How would you spend this time of year if you weren't caught up in all the holiday madness?
Well, I would be a toss up of either out exploring parts of my area, or traveling abroad. Or catching a good daily happy hour works too.

 Over all, I really do enjoy this sparkling season. I am really in it for spending time with family and friends, or entertaining my boys! I love the decorating and the lights, and the quite candlelit evenings at home, relaxing. Luckily I haven't been to Grinchy this season. But who doesn't love wearing green hair.

28 comments:

  1. Love your answers, Mistress! And of course, that drag queen Grinch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Lady’s grinch! Love! Flaw-LESS. And I like tha Mariah song! Lmaooo

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good DragGrinch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh poodle, you crack me up, look in the mirror lady, Christmas song lol.

    I like that Grinch.... meow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hell you keep me inspired for Christmas!!! I am never a Grinch either, but if I have to hear anymore bitching and wining over a songs from years ago.....if one reads into anything, then there is a issue with everything.... hell, even Rudolph could be a song of bullying...cry babies I say. I remembering hearing the Baby It's Cold Outside with two guys once. So why was it alright then????

    ReplyDelete
  6. "If have to hear Mariah Scary sing that fucking Christmas song of her's one more time, which reminds me of a squealing cat, I may stab her trachea with an ice pick."

    I love when your mean Cruella side comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Ethel Merman as a stop motion character! Rudolph's Shinning New Year was one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your answers! But what could be more worst then fruitcake??? I have had good fruitcake, but one comes across the worst kind first.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too enjoyed this but don't know Im buying your a Grinch. Maybe more like the Minx Who Turned Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could be a Grinch. Can we just enjoy the holidays and let them be what they are? Years ago we never had all this Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas , and this one is worried about insulting this one....and so on. Everyone celebrated what they celebrated and that was that. Society is a fucking buzz kill on everything these days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I suppose every radio station is going to stop playing Baby It's Cold Outside in the US. Well then, stop playing Christmas music all together then. Well then what about Rap music? That has some of the darkest material and language, and we hear about big asses and feeling up on tits...no one says anything. We read to much into things...just enjoy.When did the US get so fucking uptight????? And I enjoy fruitcake!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thick socks? those were jock straps mistress!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who makes your Snickerdoodle cookies? I bought some at the market the other day and they were chewy and moist. Quite delicious, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "there's a mirror to your right" - YOU SLAY ME! (or should that be sleigh) and I hate snickerdoodles too; no taste and hard as a brick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I live this. When I responded, I forgot about Mariah Carey, which would normally be a good thing to forget! However, yes, I agree that I would not be sad to never have to hear that song or her ever again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was in a shopping mall for a few minutes last night, meeting friends for dinner. I was surprised how sane it was, at 6:30 on a Monday night.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hate the shopping, shopping, shopping. Most of the animated stuff grates on my nerves - except Peanuts.
    Snickerdoodles! P-toie! Right in the trash.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I too love this. I used to celebrate Christmas, then married William and now celabrate Hannukah. But I still love all the old traditions and music. But never cared for egg not.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the Heat and Snow miser!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The only thing I don't like are the streaming Christmas carols.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love when Balder Half brings home a nice hard snickerdoodle. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I picture you more like Suzy Snowflake myself.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun post!!!! I also can say I enjoy christmas and all its offering. I just hate the crowds. But it's my fault because I wait to the last minute to shop. How manly right?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your hardly a Grinch Mistress, but I loved reading the post. You are such a Christmas soul.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I loved reading this....I was sorry to see your yule log wasn't in here someplace though.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't mind the crowds if my shopping's done, and I'm just walking around the mall, as I like to occasionally do. It's when there's a specific goal--the stores that sell the gifts I want to buy--that the crowds become a nuisance. And I when I want to find a table in the food court.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!