Friday, December 21, 2018

SEEN IN PHILLY


Every year I love being around Philly in the early part of the season to get in the mood. Philly always has the old time city feel come Christmas.. Seems every where one looks, there is something  or some pretty view to see. Here are some snaps from through out the season....

My favorite of course City Hall!!!! In and around City Hall is one place to hit if your limited in time. City Hall becomes quite a thing to see, between it's Christmas Village of local artisans shops and eats, the Wintergreen Gardens, the ice skating rinks, and the highlight, the spectacular light show.
Shiny objects!!! Mouth blown ornaments at one of the booths.
Can you say yum?

Even the Grinch can be seen at City Hall!
But the light show is really something to see. I have no idea how they do it, but it is downright so cool and so precise how it outlines the architecture so perfect. My favorite part is the effect of the building icing over. This will be the coolest thing you see today.....

Other sites I enjoyed...
I always enjoy the Main Hall in the museum and the statue of Artemis. I snapped these when I saw the fashion show there.
The Rodin Museum
It disturbs me John Wanamaker's is no longer with us, but at least Macy's continues their tradition of the organ concert and the huge tree and light show every year. The tree is just so perfect and changes color. The Dicken Village can still be seen in the Egyptian Hall.
Love me a group of street musicians.

Various statues at a fountain at the art museum.
Rittenhouse Square
The beautiful and calmness of Boathouse Row.
But how about that light show at City Hall. magical right?

25 comments:

  1. Ohh so pretty! I haven’t been to Philly in the winter, only durin the summer. Rittenhouse Square looks pretty!

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That light show is incredible! How ever did they do that indeed. I love your seasonal philly pictures too. I need a trip there again....its been years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw the Fabulous Fashion exhbit the other night as I had a quartet performance in the Grand Hall at the museum. It always looks festive there....and I never tire of seeing the light show. Every night its different too I noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a village just for Dicken? No wonder you like the place! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos, but you're right -- THAT VIDEO!!! Wonderful! It's amazing what they can do with computers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh you are really getting me into a Christmas mood!
    I just don't understand why, why, why would someone make a statue of a guy taking a dump, that's gross!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And look at the size of that turd! That must've hurt! Leave it to me and you, Steven, to classy up the joint.

      Delete
    2. Deedles, it's a gift we share with the world, lol!

      Delete
    3. And the world is a judgmental, ungrateful bitch! *Snicker*

      Delete
    4. Girls! Girls Gurrrrrrls! *in my best Ms. Garret voice*

      Delete
  7. Oh man....in and around city hall was always a favorite spot of mine during the holidays....and I always enjoyed the tree at Macys. But the light show is way more elaborate now at city hall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos and oh that light show video! Thanks for sharing. Sevilla does something like that on their city hall. So amazing to see Philly's... at least online.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures mistress and that light show blows Saks right out the water. I have always wondered, what IS exactly Boathouse Row?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. boathouse row is a series of, yes, boat houses where local college teams keep their racing shells. for more info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boathouse_Row

      Delete
    2. I'm gonna hire you Anne Marie!!! Im running behind in comments...Thank You dear!!!

      DJ- I will have to do a post on Boathouse row sometime.

      Delete
  10. Boy I really need to visit Philly more. The City Hall... the show itself was pretty sick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Phillie in lights!! Simply marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tis the season of sparkly lights, glitzy decorations, light shows, and holiday traditions in Philadelphia… I love this city!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So pretty and festive there. I was in downtown Harrisburg last week...the only thing I saw was the tree at the capital...that was it. No garland above streets, no street lamp wreaths....it was rather depressing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to go to 913 Capital Street then to see the Dame Courtney's Abode.

      Delete
  14. I bet our friend mark would like some of those glass ornaments. and you don't even have to caption the pix; I know each and every location by heart. but for our out-of-town readers, captions are a must.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Philadelphia is one of my favorite US cities and always will be. Thanks for sharing the light show, that is quite amazing how they do that. Looks like a great time around that area.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!