Monday, December 10, 2018

MANSIONS IN FAIRMOUNT

I sure hope everyone had a good weekend. It was yet another busy one for moi. But I must say, it has been more enjoyable then years past. With work décor finished and up, and the four homes I do decorating for all in the books with exception to one...it's been fun having extra time exploring the area to take in the seasonal delights. Summer will always be my favorite season, but I must admit that the holidays get me feeling nostalgic of the years past with family and friends. My favorite part of the holidays is the decorations and lights, and the spending time with family and friends. Since we stopped gift giving in the family, it's certainly no pressure at all.So this weekend I found myself in Fairmount Park. Fairmount Park is a gorgeous place for anyone to admire no matter what time of year it is. However, this December the mansions of Fairmount Park are going to be the to-see destination for the Philly in the Park .


The historic houses of Lemon Hill Mansion, Laurel Hill, Woodford Mansion, Cedar Grove, and the Historic Strawberry Mansion have all been transformed into a winter wonderland, offering a variety of activities as well as enjoying the holiday décor.


I was able to walk through the several of the mansions and experience some of the exquisite Christmas décor for ourselves. I couldn’t help but linger in each room as the opulence of the historic home was carefully and creatively adorned by talented local garden clubs. And seeing is believing because I’m sure that every kid ,and kid at heart, will adore the floor-to-ceiling Christmas trees or the quintessential holiday trains.


If you need a break from the tours of Christmas decors, you are in luck! For the first time ever, the Historic Houses of Philadelphia will delight guests with a cool new experience on its 47th year: Lemon Hill Mansion will debut a ice bar.

For 6 days only, Ice Bar will serve beers and cider from Evil Genius and Original XIII Ciderworks, along with rotating line-up of food trucks, comfy Adirondack seating, and firepits. So, if you need to get into the spirt, I suggest seeing what's out there in your area to see. Such a sparkling season.

15 comments:

  1. Well, we know where to find you for those 6 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Philly in the Park is always one of my favorite parts of the season. I just played there last weekend in a quartet at Strawberry Mansion. The homes are so pretty and decorated so vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Love that gingerbread house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well. I don't need to go anywhere now, after seeing these pics. My Christmas spirit is rejuvenated!
    Interestingly this will be the first Christmas that we shall not be buying gifts for adults in our family, just the children.
    I'm not sure how I feel really......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, also a gingerbread house fan. Houses are loverly, thanks for the tour. :-) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, dear, I have a goose like that.. it's Von Scherholtz, about 1890, I was thinking of giving it away, but maybe I should keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those houses are awesome! And this year I decided not to be a Grinch and actually did something with some live foliage. Not Xmas-y but somehow celebrating the season. I’m doing my mantelpiece like that hose you showed. Love me some white lights.
    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same as you with lovely greens and pine...that way it's a nice wintry treatment, and it doesn't have to come down.

      Delete
  8. I want to sit and have tea and cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow that looks just like the way I decorated my place except for the... everything! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boy, you sure do know how to make me miss Philly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. See, Im telling you, you just don't see this on this West Coast. It's no wonder you guys on the East Coast get in such the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quaint and charming. In a year or two, I may consider moving with my job again...and I have considered Philadelphia as a option. Your posts inspire me so.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Breathtaking. Nothing like that around here, but we do have great lights and amazing mini Bethlehems.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!