Saturday, December 22, 2018

RED LIGHT DISTRICT OPENS

I just love how my home looks this time of year - adorned with festive lights and beautiful ornaments. I could just easily start hibernating now. But , as usual, it raises an eyebrow when neighbors see the red light glowing out the windows again. Yes, the Mistress has used the color red again for the 200th time. Hence why friend calls it the red light district. Every year, I fill my home with lots of cheerful holiday decorations I like to include a mix of old favorites as well a few new, but mostly use real pine and poinsettias, tons of candles and load of balls. This post will bring about lots of balls, Big balls, small balls, red balls and shiny balls, and yes even blue balls!!!! Do I just say blue balls? Let's walk.
In the living room.  One of my favorite spots....my huge sofa! My main color is red. The tree is all red lights, with all different shades of red balls, and then my collection of bird ornaments. Shocked right?
A end table with poinsettias from the nursery and another of my holiday favorites...bubble lights! Do you remember those?
A Christmas gift from Daddy Warbucks....a Tom of Finland coffee table book. I LOVE IT!

My console bookcase with my collection of colored glass vases and tons of peacock feathers. The compote contains more balls!
All these shiny brites were a gift from my good friend the Dame. There all vintage. They are probably as old as my tongue, but older then my teeth.
These two bird ornaments, I just received the other day from the thoughtful Agnes. She remembered last year I mentioned I had tons of birds on the tree. I was surprised to open it and find a golden finch and a mourning dove. They will be truly cherished Agnes. Thanks for the thoughtful gift!!!
Meanwhile in the kitchen, does anyone need a stiffener for the tour?
Buster must approve of every market purchase as you can see.
In the kitchen, I have a small tree, with some apothecary jars filled with more balls and in one, I did a snow scene with some of my grandmothers old bottle brush trees.
In the bar we find a silver bottle brush, another jar of balls, and a little deer figurine that was also my grandmothers.
NUT CRACKERS! Who's first boys?
There's always time for a cock-a-tail!
My latest addition this year...these cute bottle brushes from Longwood Gardens.
More balls!!!!! And a quail under glass.
Breakfast this morning....hot coffee and stollen!
Some visitors this morning.....a Downey Woodpecker and one on the doves.
Now in the boudoir, it may surprise you to find blue balls in there. In the Mistress's boudoir?!?!?! Not only blue balls, but very old balls in general. But tis true! They go so well with the crème and dark navy walls. Oh... you didn't think I had blue balls did you sillies?
Antique silver tinsel branches.
More very old vintage balls. See BLUE!
I love this bubble light candelabra and often fall asleep to it at night during the holidays.
I couldn't resist this adorable Charlie Brown tree I saw at the nursey. The guy selling them made then from cut off pieces of larger trees. So I added it to the bedroom, and love it almost more then my big tree. I added a few blue balls and a topper to it. After Christmas I will keep watering it and add pinecones to it, and enjoy all winter.
More bottle brushes on the one nightstand.
Even Vixen is decked out!
Well, that's the tour of the joint this year. I have been enjoying the season more calmly then normal this year, and I miss it all when it comes down, except for the pine and berries which are more a winter treatment.Share your favorite decorations with me in the comments section below. And now as a special treat, my rendition and performances piece of Dance of the Sugarplums Fairies.

56 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!!! I can see why your home is naughty and nice!!! I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, your place is so welcoming and festive...as you balls always do give that affect. And second, I finally decorated this year, and referenced back to your blog to get ideas, which were easy to do, so thanks!!! Now let me check out those sugar plums Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully decorated as always, Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear Mistress, I've been struggling to keep up with my pre-Christmas schedule, but finally decorated too. I love your Christmas hues around your home. They have this earthy, simple glamour aspect and really loved your grandmothers things still displayed.

    Christmas decorations in my home are everywhere too. My favorite decoration in my home is a dreamy Thomas Kinkade ceramic tree with lights.

    And love Buster and his investigation skills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's looking for doggie ice cream treats.

      Delete
  5. You have done it again!!!! So festive...and how many can decorate and do a rendition of Dance with the Sugarplum Fairies?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many beautiful slides Mistress! I love how you use all the balls and the all red lights... are so you! My favorite spot would be where those stiffeners are severed.

    My favorite decoration? My door wreath..it's all I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "my favorite spot would be where those stiffeners are severed." but which stiffner?

      Delete
  7. Cap Chasen12/22/2018

    Thanks for sharing pictures of your lovely home and the Christmas decor. I noticed Buster is checking at the hooch. I too am a huge fan of the bubble lights. Happy holidays to you and yours!

    Cap

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your home. How about poring some of that egg nog of yours..I could curl right up in your comfy home.

    I too do a Charlie Brown tree...I love them and what a great idea to take it through winter. I don't have much room here for a big tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too like the look of it, I should get one next year.

      Delete
  9. your balls are always so festive and bright. are they spit shined?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you would know, wouldn't you? (wink wink)

      Delete
  10. That's a lot of balls!! But my goodness, your home is gorgeous!
    That bubble candelabra - I've always wanted one of those.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found that candelabra at a catalog company called Vermont Country Store. I love it.

      Delete
  11. Besides your windows posts, I look forward to this every year, and it never disappoints. Very beautiful! I especially love the bottle trees, and the colander with balls in it in your kitchen. I'm impressed with how your Buster is always looking out for what's coming in. And so glad you loved the birds...enjoy them. Thank you for sharing my friend

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mistress you go all out. You have exquisite taste. And those sugarplums will be dancing in my head a long time. 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should see what I can do with my yule log.

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous, spectacular holiday decor!!
    And red is so warm and inviting......

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite Christmas decorations are large fresh flower arrangements, paper whites, amaryllis and lots of candles. The beauty of flowers inside at this time of year brings me joy. And now the days will be getting longer. Glorious. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your place is just glorious Mistress. I dare say it's fit for a queen. Oh wait...…. Your pup cracks me up too, but your buns are lush!

    ReplyDelete
  16. my parents have all those shiny brite ornaments. and my hillbilly aunt had that bubble light candelabra. so many balls, so many bottles of booze, and those sugarplums!

    spouse & I have been enjoying the sand tart cookies you gave us; OMB, so fucking dee-lish! we are saving the stollen for xmess morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPGryGaPC8E

      look what I just found on youtube! shiny brite ornaments!

      Delete
    2. I have to go watched that...I love Shiny Brites!

      Delete
    3. wait...you got stolen?!?!?

      Delete
  17. Look at Buster, channeling his inner feline! I also enjoy the sugar plums. Of course, I've always enjoyed your assets. Balder Half has balls too. They're not decorative or blue but they are vintage and make me happy. As for me, not being a celebrant of holidays, yadda yadda, I dusted because I don't want another crop of furniture potatoes this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the feeling those balls will be cherished for some time to come. Vintage balls are sometimes best gurl!

      Delete
  18. You do know how to decorate...even yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gee, I really do wish I could get my hands on a downy woodpecker. The house looks simply fantastic, except for the bit about the blue balls. I always try to avoid them, you know? blue balls?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your decorations are lovely as usual, and your ass so perky as ever. One of my most cherished Christmas decorations is an antique tinsel tree that I kept in its original package. I put it up every year. I remember my parents had one very similar and I remember it as a child-it was always decorated with blue glass ornaments and had the rotating color wheel light in front. It brings back happy memories of those Christmases so long ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was a wee one, my grandmother also did a silver tinsel tree with blue lights and ornaments. She adored her blue. They are pretty neat. Those tinsel branches on my one nightstand are from a tinsel tree.

      Delete
  21. Red is definitely your color

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loverly, loverly. :-) We will have five big dogs here for a couple hours tomorrow....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. good for you for having an all red christmas tree!
    I sometimes fancy doing a tree all in one color but then i become too timorous to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Spo. Red normally is not a favorite color of mine, but one Christmas my aunt did it, and I found it very calming and warming. I've done it ever since.

      Delete
    2. red is a power color, sisters! it commands and demands respect! that's why it's MY fave color! think of nancy pelosi's coat from december 12...

      Delete
  24. Everything looks so beautiful I love all the vessels with balls but my favorite is the ceramic deer head with garland. That is fun. Does Buster have to give his stamp of approval on the market purchases?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you see, when the ex has him and he comes in with bags, Buster always gets doggie ice cream treats from the store, so he thinks now that what's in the bag every time apparently.

      Delete
  25. Gorgeous, as expected, and I, too, love the tiny tree!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the decorations. My father still has some of those old vintage ornaments at home. I hope to get a handful of them after he passes.

    I also love the Charlie Brown Christmas tree. I wouldn't mind having one has the main tree in the house, but my cats would think it's a new kitty toy.

    And all these talks of balls had me thinking about Bon Scott and a certain AC/DC song.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Only you , our host could take us on tour of your beautiful home for the holidays in sexy red briefs. I wonder, did anyone pay attention?

    ReplyDelete
  28. You have such a beautiful collection of ornaments! Even thought they don't fit on the tree, I love how you choose to display them through out your home. And I too adore bird ornaments. Do you have many many?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes tweety, my tree has about 25 different bird ornaments now. I add a new bird every year.

      Delete
  29. I always love your décor and the bubble lights especially. And an appearance from Buster is always entertaining. Now how about sinking some teeth into those buns? I do a small tree like that one in your bedroom...much earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love seeing your festivities and sugarplums, who wouldn't love to attend?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you so much,Mistress. I love all these ornaments and your touches. They are so beautiful and make me remember family no longer here. I cried hard about 7 years ago when I broke the West German glass spire while putting it on my tree. It hurts even now when I think of it. And that stolen look so good, did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Gretchen. But mu aunt makes an excellent stolen on Christmas morning. She make that with potato latkes. This stolen came from the market that a local lady gets from a bakery.

      Delete
  32. Mistress, your christmas decorations look very elegant but also warm and friendly. The perfect combination. But I'm in love with the whole boudoir! Now off to finish my shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I see you can still hear the bells (aka Polar Express.) Your place does get me in the spirit. Though I can no longer hear them, I did pass the decorating for Christmas down to my sister who does mine, and I do the baking. I too love stolen and that Buster. such a good reliable dog to not let bad items in!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful! I always love looking at your home decorations this time of year. Last yea's gave me some idea for this year. Great ass too by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Everything in your apartment (and I mean everything) is gorgeous. You should do this for a living... Design I mean! Well... and...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mitch! I really do love thie holiday and the season. Hard to believe it's not my favorite right? So many good memories.

      Delete
  36. You got style, you got class..opps, sorry slipped into the Nanny theme...but it is so true. Lovely home. Warm. Comfy. Inviting and creative.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!