Tuesday, May 7, 2024

THAT'S VIO'LET

 I will admit, that when Violet Chachki was on Drag Race her season, he wasn't the warmest, and I dare say not my favorite. But I have since grown to love this queen and not only from the sharing of drag or to a sense, the "burlesque part. Mine being more Boylesque. If I had to name the 5 most successful queens to go on from Drag Race that ended up doing incredible things and stand out among the big winner's circle to create their own empire it would be Sasha Velour, Trixie Mattel, Alyssa Edwards,  Jinkx Monsoon and Violet Chachki, who after winning has taken her drag to a whole other level compared to the other queens, and is making the world her oyster. You see Violet has made history...he is the first ever male-bodied and drag queen to dance the legendary and fabled Crazy Horse cabaret in Paris, where she hopes her appearance will help "spread the therapy" of drag, she herself got from drag. She will join the bill at Crazy Horse, invited by them yet,  to perform her one queen show there, and it's one of the renowned intuitions of Parisian "nude chic" alongside the Moulin Rouge.

I'm here to tell you... that queen doing Burlesque... That picture above smolders! And to think he has the talent to keep from the public eye he is a very nicely endowed queen! Now that is talent He has also gotten quite hot out of drag on a sidenote Violet, this ultra glamorous queen, made quite the name for herself on Drag Race, won the crown, and immediately after the show, began her burlesque routine and shows. She was received quickly by the scene, combining singing, comedy, creativity, aerial work, dance and elaborate ensembles. She stands out most times with her sense of fashion and aesthetics. At times I get the feeling and glimpses of the great Joey Arias. Now in the world of burlesque, she is right up there with the likes of Pink Martini and Dita Von Tesse. And she continues to shake things up by having Gotmik on her stage and rumors are swirling they could be dating. Now that would make for one creative force. Whether you like her or hate her, no doubt Violet has emerged victorious and found her place in the world of burlesque. And I can get behind anyone who like to show some skin.

Remember the old Blackglama fur ads, What becomes a legend most? This is it! Yasss Hunty!!!!

27 comments:

  1. I agree.
    Like you, I've never considered her the warmest person. She comes across as petulant and aloof but she pulls great looks off. I saw her in a fashion show, too. And in Sam Smith's video. I agree she's one of the most successful ones.
    I kind of soured on her because she did Fashion Photo Review and came for some great Queens. Not the thing to do, Doll. She was just talking shit for talking shit. One thing is to read a Queen when reading is due and another to just be a snotty little brat.
    Bravo for the looks, though...

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will never forget how she gave Michelle MAJOR attitude and reads...and Ru herself! Even in the workroom, the girls ribbed her over Michelle and she said she just plain hated Michelle. It's a wonder she won.Or Michelle didn't have her fitted for cement shoes, you know being from Joisey.

      Delete
  2. Violet Chachki is one of my faves too. Still doing those impossible tight cinches, I see. There must have been a couple of ribs surgically removed there, I think, to make that possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To my knowledge Debs, I don't think she did. I saw an interview once where Violet said it was all about getting her body slowly accustomed each time to getting in on and making it tighter. I don't know how she does it. I tried a corset once for a period piece I wore, and once it was laced up and tight, it literally knocked the wind right out of me and took me minutes to catch my breath again, and regularly.

      Delete
  3. I hope she’s kinder deep down than she appears. She’s stunning and talented. And she really rocks to accomplish what she has.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she is so highly talented and cool. Such fine taste in clothing and ensembles. She seems cool to me and partly loner-ish, but then I can be too. But I don't think she is to be trifled with either.

      Delete
  4. Love, love, love the "classic" look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaw dropping beauty and camp burlesque. I always loved Violet...on her season she was ganged up on just a bit. But up to that point she brought something new to Drag Race we hadn't seen yet...another outlet for drag. Good on her for landing the honor at the Crazy Horse. We caught a show that was years ago now...and they know how to put on a spectacular show. And her waist is in insane! Is that for real?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now Im jealous! I would love to see a show there some day.

      Delete
  6. She is always the consummate professional and stunning beauty. What an honor for her.

    Her and that thin waist. Curses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE HER!!! She is a rockstar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never much cared for Violet's personality but her drag was some of the best I've ever seen, and I see that it's getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has went on to do many fashion house runaway show too. She just walked for BOSS.

      Delete
  9. She is amazing! Her looks are sickening. I bet she'd do a hell of a Jessica Rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's hard to find a compliment one hasn't heard before about Violet but amazing, beautiful, talented, strong are some of them. Keep making that art I say.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have had the pleasure of seeing Violet perform in Dita Von Teese's martini glass, in person and it was spectacular. Truly...masterfully done. She's brillant and has always been one of my favorites from Drag Race.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every single one of Violet's performances and looks is a work of heart.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have always loved Violet. She has her act together more than anyone, I swear. And the fact that she won even after trash talking the judges, Including Ru and Michelle says something.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She’s just such a reincarnation, isn’t she? She reawakens those legendary performers, Mae West, Edith Piaf, the chanteuses de Caf’Conc, Mistinguett, the cocottes, Sarah Bernhardt, she understands the nostalgia of these legendary show women, the myth and mystery that surrounds them. They’re unreal, were unreal then as well. I wish her much luck at the Crazy Horse.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those outfits would have improved the Met gala something chronic

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous5/08/2024

    Tundra Bunny here...

    Yikes! Dominatrix Barbie in blue leather (or is that latex?).... I agree with Debra that a couple of ribs must have been removed, otherwise, Violet Chachki's corset has to be pushing her internal organs into places they out not to be! Her royal purple sequinned outfit is stunning though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it does. Did you see my comment back to Debra? I don't know how she does it and still breaths.

      Delete
  17. Fascinating... so photogenic. (How much air brushing... no seriously... I need to know.) The thought of someone with that perfect of a body makes me feel like not bothering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That queen can beat a flawless mug! And he is quite adorable out of drag..and hung like a horse.

      Delete
  18. he's cute in his male aspect as well (click here)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!