Monday, May 20, 2024

MOOD BOARD

 
 Another nice weekend to be had, before the weekends get crazy now for summer. Every day is different, and we never know what lies ahead and what surprises await. Friday night I'd gotten a text from Bailey a lesbian bartend at one of the local bars, 704, wondering if we'd come for happy hour over the weekend...she misses us at her happy hour and she is always so lively and a good conversationalist not to mention makes a good drink. She even came up with her signature shot called Church Punch. OMG. Well, I and some of the clan went. After an hour or so it was just me and good friend Vera Charles, and we started mingling with the other patrons there. Great conversation and I'll even admit to flirting terrible on a Sunday with this adorably hot guy, who knows how to look sexy as hell in skinny jeans. His friends also seemed very cool, the lady was kick ass. Bailey had the hots for her. Over an hour in, Bailey mentioned they were her favorite band still. I hated to be ignorant but at the time they were huge I was still a huge club gay and was mostly into dance and house music. Yet, the songs and the band name rang a bell. Curse that gin!  The guy laid a hand on my knee and said not to worry about it. but we heard tales of the band, the music, how they still tour, and they were in Harrisburg passing through and like to patronize the local gays spots and get to know people in the area. Bailey even brought up their videos on the huge tv screens so we could hear the songs and I was like O.M.G!! I knew the songs! It had just been an age since I heard them. Turns out it was Tyler Glenn, drummist Elaine Bradley Chris Allen and Brandon Campbell of Neon Trees! All I can say, they were cool as hell to talk to, and we must have discussed everything...not to mention Tyler had me swooning. How did I not know he did a turn in Kinky Boots??? He is a good time! And oozed sex appeal.  Hence, one never knows where a day will take you or what awaits ahead. The same thing happened to me once with the band U2. That's another story. See, the problem is, I know the music, but was never back then big on watching videos, so I didn't know what the performers looked like. 

Happy Monday All!

Once I heard it, I was like OMG! I loved them back then. And had forgotten all the songs they had.

22 comments:

  1. Ohhh fun, fun!!!
    Love those outings with a nice surprise! Especially when it's unexpected.
    And that gif with the two guys? HAWT.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never expected that!!!!!!! The moment was cool as he'll.

      Delete
  2. Those peacock elevator doors are too, TOO fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool and exciting, and hot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORE Neon Trees. I was an early adopter, but have lost track of them. So glad they are still out there. Very clever popsters. Lucky, lucky you. The guys are so cute! Glad you got out and had a bit of fun, my dear. Thanks for sharing this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was cool meeting them. They were saying since they never got like a huge media label band...they have the luxury of going out unrecognized since they weren't so mainstream. And let me tell you ...they are still touring and all have aged great. Tyler looks even hotter.

      Delete
  5. I love puff pastry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got to say, "I'm with the band" for one day? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. and im guessing you were eyeing Tyler Glenn up....just as gene tierney is doing here? I know you......

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this mood board and the songs...and how cool about the chance meeting with Neon Trees. I used to love them saw them many times and had a HUGE crush of Tyler...then he crushed me when I found out he was gay...but still adored him. At least you can take a crack for me!!!!! And Elaine is a mean drummer. That band has chemistry together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do. I had forgotten how good their music was and how much I enjoyed it.

      Delete
  9. Comfy beds, man sex?
    I should'a stayed home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to see some nipple to nipple action for a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come over here and let me pinch yours!

      Delete
  11. "you know how in these big malls they have these maps. He goes up to the map and it says, You Are Here, and he wants to know how they know. Rotflmao!!!!!!!!! Love the moos board today and the series of pictures. They almost tell a story in the order they are. And wait....Tyler Glenn??? He is sex on a stick. LOVED Neon Trees.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous6/17/2024

    Where is the gif with the two guys from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually from a soft gay movie, and for the life of me can't recall the name of the damn movie. But it's hot as hell yes?

      Delete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!