Thursday, August 24, 2023

BIG FLAME

 
The big flame I'm referring to is not me!!!! It's a campfire. The one thing I love about glamping and the summer is camp or fireside fires. Nothing like the smell of a good wood burning campfire in the summer. Truth be told I love fire! Now before you think I'm a pyromaniac, I'm not, so don't worry. But have you ever watched a fire? It is actually very interesting and pretty to see the flowing and flapping of the flames, and the variations of the colors from red, oranges and blues, even purples. While at the Woods, I'm the one in charge of the fire, building it, and maintaining it and collecting the kindling...and I was never even a Boy Scout! I learned all I know from the guy I was in a troupe with. I always look forward to my trips to the Woods because it's a good time, but I have to say the end of the night campfire is my favorite ritual. It's always so relaxing to sit and talk and stare into the fire....the prefect way to end the night before turn in.

21 comments:

  1. I like a good bonfire too every once in a while. If only the smoke didn't cling to hair and clothes though! Immediate shower and laundry afterwards is required.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that Debs. You got that right. The next day the clothes I had on often still smell like the campfire. Which is why I usually go up with the steamer trunk of clothes!

      Delete
  2. Our weather for the next couple of days will fill like living in a campfire .... oy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so why aren't there naked guys dancing around teasing you with S'mores?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this was just our site fire.... how do you know what went on down at the community bonfire? Some of the sites I've seen down at that one!

      Delete
  4. A beach bonfire is best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dinah, I tend to agree. I remember on Fire Island we had a Beach fire pit once. Between the smell, the look of the fire, and the sound of the ocean it was pure euphoria.

      Delete
  5. I like looking at a fire too, so much so that I tend to stand to close and get pricked by the sparks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm long said a prick never killed anybody!

      Delete
  6. I too love watching fires. I absolutely love your pictures! And I can't disagree I like the smell of them too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first picture is amazing. I admit there's something very mesmerizing about that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is a mood.
    What's camping without a bonfire? I like it when people tell stories, too!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stories? Horror stories are dirty stories?

      Delete
  9. I love a fire too; there's something special about looking at the flames. Dickens had at least one of characters look for pictures in the fire; perhaps he did the same?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've never thought of doing that. Are you talking about the same thing as looking for pictures in the clouds?

      Delete
    2. There are far more pictures in the clouds than there are in the fire. I saw a monk praying in a cloud today. Yesterday I saw a man in a mask morph into a dog and then back to a mask. The shadows in the conservatory turned one of the dividers between the windows into a face – a woman wearing a 1920s style hat, dark glasses and an opening pale pink geranium for a mouth.

      Delete
    3. Just how much Absinthe are you drinking dear? And can I join you?

      Delete
  10. I miss bonfires on the beach. The riff raff pumped the brakes on that a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Shots!!! Glad you had a great time. As long as you didn't burn your goods to close to the fire???

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, I love watching fire too...and as long as it is monitored and safe. But nothing like the smell of campfire in the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!