Wednesday, August 9, 2023

ESTEE

 
As in Estee Lauderdale!!! 

Estee is a friend and fellow queen from my old haunt and home away from home New Hope. Have you ever been to one of those candy bars, where everything is bright and colorful, and it looks like a sweet confectionery? Well that sums up this very colorful queen! Her shows will often have you in stitches... and even when she's not trying to be funny... she's funny. I remember a few weeks ago when I saw her at the New Hope Inn, she did a pool performance where she was going to finish up the ACT floating on a unicorn raft,  only to  have the whole thing flip and her ending up in the pool! The crowd was uproariously laughing until their sides hurt. Estee is also fairly new to the drag scene in New Hope, and is adding quite some flavor to the scene. She also arrived at a good time as there were some vacancies left from a few of us queens  that moved on. Ever since she made her first appearance at New Hope Pride this May,  the town has accepted her with open arms and she's even started her own residency drag shows, in addition to performing drag shows at the Woods Campground. She's keeping drag and the lgbtq alive and well in this gay friendly destination. In addition to her hilarity and her crazy over the top style, she's also an amazing wig artist. I hope she goes on to have a long career in New Hope. There's very few queens who could make me laugh just by looking at them and Estee Lauderdale is one of them.

27 comments:

  1. She looks like a kick and a half!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure fun, nothing less.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's crazy! When the float flipped and she took that dunk, I'd like to have wet myself.

      Delete
  4. Lol I mean Barbie lives lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now we know what Barbie's mother looked like I suspect.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous8/09/2023

    Tundra Bunny here....

    Looks like Miss Estee is channelling Dame Edna a wee bit in the first photo! Luv, Luv, LUV her uber curly pink wigs in Photos #5 and #9 -- are they made of neoprene or felt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She styles her own wigs, but the ones you're talking about are actually a lightweight foam. There pretty cool. I'm thinking of ordering one...you just never know when you might need one honey.

      Delete
  6. Charming! And those rhinestone glasses are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time I'm there, I'm swiping them!

      Delete
  7. I love me a Queen who carries a handbag!
    And being funny without trying to be funny is the BEST quality.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These grassroots queens are the one I love the most...and tend to me the most memorable, for me at least.

      Delete
  8. I love a queen who is a hoot, and she looks like one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is fabulous!!!!! And Im going to need those glasses and pink wigs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Estee Lauderdale?!?! What a great name! New Hope has always had very good and entertaining drag queens...the old school kind, and that is often the best kind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was in love since the first picture. Love queens with this camp style.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Estee reading the Nancy Drew book is hilarious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She looks like fun but holy crap. How many bottles of hair spray did she use on some of those hair pieces!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A ton. I was not good with styling hair, so when I had wigs styled I had them triple sprayed with Aquanet. Trust me those things would hold up in a category 3 tornado.

      Delete
  14. She looks like a hoot! So reminds me of my friend Jimmy Emerson. But that she's still kickin' it in FL is the most important part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hilarity with Estee is Non-Stop. And New Hope's lucky to have her.

      Delete
  15. What an inspired name... and she certainly has doubled-down on her brand! Thanks for sharing. I love learning about these regional queens. Fab photos to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope Estee was not wearing that paper wig when she went arse over tits with the unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Helen not that one. It was the pink one, the one where she's standing in front of the pool. As a matter of fact that was the same day.

      Delete
  17. Brilliant name!

    That photo of Estee reading "Nancy's Mysterious Letter" reminded me of the cover of Linda La Hughes' autobiography, "Looking for Linda".

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!