Wednesday, October 26, 2022

OTHER WORDLY


I just love looking at all types of art. Most art give me some kind of feeling, mood or stirring. So, when I came upon the art of Jenni Pasanen, it totally fascinated me. I probably suspect the artist didn't intend to think of her work to go along with the feeling of the season, but for me it does. Such bizarre, and yet extremely beautiful works. Almost as if, at least for me, it's some kind of other worldly spirit coming into our world but from where? While I find the forms beautiful, at the same time they are both eerie and sort of frightening...and that gets my adrenaline running.  Jenni Pasanen is a digital artist from Finland. Art has been with her all her life. She gets her inspiration from the world around her and bases her art with what she sees and experiences. Her work tilted Mask Obscura are what draw me in. They are a collaboration with herself and her digital skills...a series of beautiful beings made of time and nature. The collection of 16 works is split into four smaller categories....Season, Element, Day and Time. I find them very stirring...but I'm not ready to just meet any of these beings. But can you imagine one of them materializing in your room at night??? You can check her works out here.

29 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these. I find them strangely appealing. I don't travel a lot so I haven't been to a lot of art museums, but when I have the opportunity, I love to look at art, although I don't know much about it. I guess I know what I like.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you need to know anything about art Janie. I think as long as you know what you like and you enjoy it that should be all the matters.

      Delete
  2. Those are very neat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat Lark10/26/2022

    Very cool.... A couple are very eerie and creepy, but cool nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice and spooky. It's the perfect week to appreciate stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty unique alright, but also oddly creepy and unsettling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love these! Thank you for sharing! I find them strange, eerie and beautiful too. Like you, I enjoy a wide range of art styles. I'm particularly fond of digital art and strong pen and ink work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way Melanie. I had the same feelings yet some reason they fascinate me.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous10/26/2022

    This made me think of Kate Moss in the hologram and Alexander McQueen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't thought about that you're right. I do remember that Kate Moss hologram.

      Delete
  8. Some seem eerie and slightly frightening while others seem ethereal and beautiful, but all are other worldly. I could get lost in them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool and so... unusual?
    It's like I had an edible and laid down to look at the clouds....

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know it'd be a good idea for me to have edibles and then look at these. Lord only knows what would happen.

      Delete
  10. Anonymous10/26/2022

    Tundra Bunny here... There's an uneasy, nightmarish quality to these that I don't find appealing. However, the artist has nicely captured ethereal movement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew these would get some interesting responses, which is why I wanted to share them.

      Delete
  11. They scare me too, but they are sort of cool looking. I love the colors in them though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the color is what had a big part of pulling me in.

      Delete
  12. I don't know what it is, but I'm deeply enamored with these.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a stunning post. Such creativity and gives such a strong presence off...but they still give me chills.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, truly amazing work, even if it is haunting. But art makes us feel something...whether we enjoy it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So incredibly done, yet it's scary. Almost as if the hands will reach out and grabs us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right the hands are what disturbs me. Almost like if you were walking by they would grab you and pull you in.

      Delete
  16. The artist seriously has one of the most amazingly unique and polished styles out there. Absolutely stunning. I could almost see these "beings" in a Pedro Almodóvar film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my God I hadn't thought of that. I could totally see these in the Pedro Almodovar movie!!!!!

      Delete
  17. Art Schmart! I wanna see boobies! *smirk*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come over here in the corner.. I'll show you something better than boobies!

      Delete
  18. Disturbingly Beautiful Art moves me too. A conversation with this Artist would not be Boring, I'm SURE of it.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!