Thursday, June 3, 2021

NEW CHAPTER


It can always be scary when we start new chapters in life. I have noticed as I get older, I'm more leery of starting upheavals and new chapters. When the pandemic hit in early winter of 2020 and closed the store down for three months, along with everything else... I guess I hadn't worried since the company was still paying a weekly pay check. But the ax fell for me and 90% of the creative and support side of the store, taking a huge chuck of my talent and joy from me. I was more heartbroken then I let on then.  But I decided I'd lay low, till the pandemic started to ease and vaccines were out with many receiving them. After getting a few offers, I wasn't feeling them. ( And no Cali Boi...no Only Fans. Yet.) I wanted to take my time and not rush into something Id regret. I have a very strong intuitive sense  for some reason, and if I'm not feeling it or feels uncomfortable,  I aint taking it. So like always, things land in my lap. I have been very busy with two freelance projects for clients, with the help of my contractor who does most of the actual installations. The down payment was nice enough for these jobs, let alone, when the final payment comes once the job is done. It's always good to keep my freelance up and running. Here is where we are at . The first picture was the gut from the end of February ... and the last picture is where we are as of two days ago. Very exciting to see this come into fruition. 
The clients went with a local cabinet maker here in Lambertville with all custom cabinets which was nice to keep the money into the hands of a local company. But I warned them this would be highly expensive. We even have their dog dishes built in.
The other client had a job for a full gut on her bathroom. WOW. She said money wasn't an issue. Don't tell me that!!!! if there Is one thing I'm good at, is spending money darlings. But it too is turning out rather nicely.

It's nice having these... but still need to have a regularly job duty, for when there is no projects.  After some offers... I talked with my old boss, were still friends, and she just recently herself just got cut from Bloomingdales where I was for 16 years. She said business is not coming back. After talking with her,  I decided to not return to display or retail at all, but start a new chapter. My friend the Dame. is thrilled I'll be assisting him in his new floral shop in Harrisburg after pestering me forever. I need a change,  and a new chapter. So I think this will be exciting. It's will be like Blanca and Electra from Pose working together!! I have already worked for him when home to see my mother, but will not start on a regulars basis till the freelance projects are complete. The best part is it will be Tue- Friday... giving me three days at the Casa du Borghese...to the dismay of he and my mother,  who thought I may move back. I aint ready to leave Bucks County yet. I love my little bijoux apartment.  It will also give me design time when the freelance projects pop up. So I'm feeling pretty good about this I must say. It also feels good and fortunate for me to come through this all with out having to touch any of my financial accounts or stock, plus I still have some of my severance in the bank. WHEW!  One of the wedding events I helped him with already.... 

And today I got a message from a ex co worker you worked with me at Bloomies at our NJ location. We were thick as thieves together and fellow Scorpios. Janesta said she too was stuck in a rut and was laid off during the pandemic. She luckily got another job, but wants to be a fashion influencer, or involved in fashion. I told her to fucking go for it months ago and she did. Her Instagram is awesome. When I saw her latest post today,  I was so blown away by her beauty...this fucking girl is stunning!!!!  But it tickled me she took my advice. She is already doing collaborations with fashion companies and like related brands. I'm so happy for her.

So, it seems if you've been a reader of mine for some time, this is going to be yet another new chapter starting. I'm excited by the change, and I think I will feel more freedom,  and less corporate bullshit. But two weeks ago, my old store manger called me in to talk about returning.  Seems the remaining visual display stylist has quit already. Of course they are desperately trying to fill this position. But much like Joan Crawford...I had some choice words. "You think your pretty cleaver don't you, bringing me back a third time. Well think again. I won't get stabbed in the back again. Forget it!  I put too much blood sweat and tears into this lousy company...so no, I won't be accepting an offer.  Upset? Well, it's a sword that cuts both ways."

With that,  I straightened my fur hat, fluffed my lapel, and turned on 6"inch heels and told them good luck. Some may be appalled to know what goes on in these Macy's Inc owned Stores...but that's not for me to say. Did I possibly burn a bridge? Probably. But fuck their bridge and that dump of Macy's Inc.

I'm on to new chapters... head up, tits out, onward .......

54 comments:

  1. Those yellow roses are gorgeous! You have me all excited and this is even my story!!!! I was never worried about you once. I know you always have come up out of the ashes, always. You got a great head on your shoulders and more talents then I in my whole body. I wish you all the luck on this next chapter. And I can't wait to see the finished projects!!! I can see why so much planning.

    And you are right, your friend is quite a ravishing woman! Much luck to her as well. As you said onward...all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing that threw me was I was hoping that, that would have been my last job, even though I have years till retirement yet. I think I was more worried just what I would be doing. Your words are touching as always.

      Delete
  2. i said it once once...ill say it again. its hard to keep a good bitch down.

    on his back or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your so bad Miss Moorecock.

      Delete
    2. Don't you have something at your desk that needs tending, Miss Mooorecock?

      Delete
  3. This is amazing news. I’m so happy for you. I think you will thrive in these new ventures. I wish you all the best. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats great news! I was never worried.

    One thing I learned in life...is to never, ever cross or piss off a Scorpio!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto to that! A Scorpio doesn't fool around, they go right for the throat first.

      Delete
  5. When we last talked I knew something must be up, beside that!! I think your wise, and in the past you have always made the right decision. Id hire you, but don't know I could afford your rates! The pics are amazing. Can't wait till the final pictures.

    So does this mean no Only Fans???? I meeeeeeeean, whats wrong with making more money with that asset?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he’d have lots of subscribers. Can we start a petition?

      Delete
    2. I second that!!!!

      Delete
    3. I don't know what Only Fans is, but it sounds kind of dirty. I'm in! I have to make the most of my heart attack years.

      Delete
    4. Your all rotten! But I love ya! But Ill give it some thought.......

      Delete
  6. Finally some goods news in this , the misery of the last year and 6 months of sickness, civil unrest and death. Im so happy to read this, the job market is tough and will take time to recover, so your lucky to have such skill and talents. You go boy! And glad to read you stuck to your guns and didn't return again. Too bad Anne Marie is not here to read this...shed be happy as hell and so glad you told them to go fucks themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would make our dear Anne Marie happy...can't you just hear her?

      Delete
  7. Very inspiring post henny! It's hard to keep Mother down. I swear girl, you got so many talents, and so mutli-faceted. Werk it girl and fuck Macy inc, and bloomies. They lay everybody off, then the big wigs get half a mil bonus the same week? FUCK THEM. Glad you stuck to your moral and let the sword cut then other way! Two snaps girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what really bit my ass! After they laid off over 7,000 people, the next day I saw that in the news and went ballistic. Right then I thought Ill burn in hell before ever returning to tht greedy company. Disgusting. Yet everyone at store level is doing four times the job and no pay increase. FUCK THEM.

      Delete
  8. I'm thrilled for you! I know I'll be doing the same thing once summer ends, and even though I'm an older worker I still think I'll find work easily as long as ageism doesn't come into play. The only question is... what will I do? Even I don't know that, but I've got all summer to figure it out.

    Good luck with the new chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you too will land on your feet.

      Delete
  9. New chapter? Hell, this is a whole new book! I'm so happy for you, Mads. I would've loved to witness your Joan Crawford moment! It was probably awesome! I should probably stop shouting, huh?
    On a different note: Mads, dear, can you please call off your Elk Grove platoon of squirrels. I bribed you with a mug, and yet still, these little suckers have attacked my retirement manse's drip hose thingies. It's driving my caretaker (aka son) out of his mind. Oh well, maybe they're rogue rodents looking for and finding water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Squirrels!!!!!! Drip hose thigies???? Now gurl, they have to keep those teeth sharp!!!!! But Ill see what Bouvier can do!!!!

      Yes...my moment was not quite those words, but the general manager was not happy I turned it down. Never cared for him...and he is a sexual harassments case waiting to happen. Or should I say another. three ladies quit over his predator ways...another taking him to court.

      Delete
  10. Fantastic news! Like Agnes, I was excited as I read your story! The interior transformations look like they're going to be fabulous - please show us them again when completed. I like that many people have found their feet during lockdown and that some good has come of it all.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well. That's my day well and truly made!
    So pleased for you.
    Do what you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life!
    Onwards and upwards. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to have decided and know I will be happy.

      Delete
  12. So happy for you and proud of you for walking away with those tits to the wind! Whatever you do, you will excel. You clearly have so many talents (and I'm being serious now). Can't wait to see all the beauty you create!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally understand the pleasure of being alone by choice and it's hard to give up. Wishing you all the best in your new incarnation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...my place is my sanctuary, and I have got to have my own time.

      Delete
  14. OMG I'm loving this new chapter!
    You are super talented (those renovations are going to be awesome) and I'm glad you've found an outlet for your creativity. Also, working with people who understand your train of thought is super important.
    Good luck! It sucks that the Bloomies job is not coming back, but this may be even cooler.
    Your friend looks fantastic! Bet her Insta is fab.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have linked her Instagram. Ill have to go back. Im terrible with doing that.

      The Bloomies job....it's time...everything happens for a reason I feel. Macys is ultimately going to run that company into the ground too, like every other department store they took over. I was NEVER a Macys fan...and it's awful Bloomies is under their company.

      Delete
  15. Best of Luck to you. Your new chapter is all about growth. Isn't it amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You will do well no matter what your endeavor. A new meaning for giving it your All!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Go boldly forward, jump and a net will appear. Department store retail has been trashing about for several years, it will never be the same, hopefully it is time for the return of smaller speciality shops. I hope there are upper cabinet going in that kitchen? And no wire hangers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean you don't like my signature hanging wire look?

      Delete
  18. Several things: good on you for taking your time. too often people rush into something new when things change and them find out it's not for them and have no way to get out easily.

    Just remembering the pictures of your casa, I know you'll be fabulous with flowers. It's a match made in fabulous heaven.

    And that kitchen. Even though it's not done, you had me at the flooring; then, seeing the cabinetry, well, it's my dream kitchen that I have explained to Carlos we should get. I will be using your photos as inspiration when we start this project hopefully at year's end.

    Lastly, I am a House Hunters whore and recently saw an episode featuring a trans woman and her partner looking for a home in Upstate New York. it was Elektra, er, Dominique is her real name, and her partner. Her personal story is very similar to the Angel and Papi storyline on Pose because her partner is her manager and he has children from a previous relationship who live with them part time. It was kinda cool seeing her on House Hunters and kinda cool that the show was so open about her talking about being trans and buying her first home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob! When I first got laid off I panicked naturally. But took a breath and waited the pandemic out. I was glad and fortunate enough to not have to be out in all that craziness. I was glad to be home and take the year off.

      This was only the second kitchen I have ever done down to the bare walls. So it's exciting to see the planning and results falling into place..

      And I adore Dominique Jackson. She share quite a bit on her Instagram and other posts are quite a hoot. I will miss her with Pose being over. I hope someone snatches her up.

      Delete
  19. Good luck, darling. You're so talented. You can do anything... the world is yours. Such bravery. Very admirable. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about brave, but was a little nervous since Im by myself with no other income. But I made it! You too kind my friend.

      Delete
  20. Absolutely great, Mads. You made it through. I'm glad you didn't dip into the financial stash. That's what enables you to take this new chapter and write a whole new book. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And your to thank with your advice on not touching any of the stash!

      Delete
  21. I can hear it playing in my head...

    Rise like a phoenix
    Out of the ashes
    Seeking rather than vengeance, retribution...


    Good luck, sweetie! Clink, clink.

    Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the best part...no more early arises!!!!! That getting up at 530am was for the birds.

      Delete
  22. This is wonderful news, Mistress! Sounds like an exciting new chapter, full of fresh challenges and triumphs just waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And no corporate bullshit or company politics.

      Delete
  23. It's tough to roll with the punches while wearing six inch stilettos, but you've done it with wit and panache, Mistress! I can hardly wait to see the fruits of your creativity in this new chapter -- I'd send you a rabbit's foot for luck, but I need all four of mine, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do everything better with 6"! In 6" I meant!!!!!

      Delete
  24. Very bestest of luck to you. You'll
    do great!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such great news!!!!! Good luck to you in all these new chapters. No need to explain having your jb whipped out from under. a lot of us are in the same boat.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Im so happy to hear this!!!! So happy you have found a new chapter to write! I think many of us will be abandoning the world of retail. As much as I love the cosmetics industry...I looking into new avenues myself. I look forward to you finished projects. It is already looking chic. That bathroom looks like its going to be insane.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank goodness for people like you, I wouldn't know where to start on either project, let along anything about flowers. That last paragraph had me laughing silly. Some bridges you don't need to cross again in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A HUGE THANK YOU for all the kind words and encouragement!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Excellent news! Loved the pictures! I can't await to see the final product! I know you'll miss the display aspects but like you said time for new beginnings. It's going to be a new world for may of us.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh finally for you BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!! What a great week to end the week then with some good news. We could all use some after the events of last week. I always said it's good to have a creative arty background...so many different avenues to take with it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh, that's amazing news! I knew you'd end up at the flower shop sooner or later - you always speak so highly of it, and your friend can clearly see your talent, so of course he wasn't going to stop pestering you until you said "Yes!". I'm really happy for you, Maddie - for your new 'day job' and that the freelance projects are still around to keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!