Tuesday, June 8, 2021

LADY B

Lady B I saw once perform when she did a drag tour to the US, and appeared at one of Susanne Bartsch's themed parties a couple years ago. I was like WHO IS this creature?!? Lady B is a drag queen, but of the different kind of drag scene some are not used to. In stead of a typical setting, of a gay bar with shirtless bartenders...Lady B often performs in different types venues, from restaurants, to coffeehouses and boutique hotels.  It's performances are on par with that of Sasha Velour. Lady B is an Italian queen who performs in Milan...so you know Lady B got it's art and technique snatched. It's style is of inspiration from the 80/90's years,  and reinterpreted into it's own taste for the modern times, which it  extrapolate lines and material forms. From classic to very futurism to fantasy, everything seems to become B's inspiration. Off stage it is a talented make up artist, and an artist in general. Lady B is part of a group,  Haus of Da Vinci, a group of very quirky artist, performers and drag queens...very colorful...but probably not for everyone...but isn't that what we want...to see something new and exciting? Lady B growing up identified as agender, or genderless. Lady B's everyday expression is neutral or mostly androgynous. Out of drag Lady B toys with flipping between looking boyish and feminine, and the path to discovery was spurred by doing drag itself. The drag culture led Lady B on the path to learn more about LGBTQ culture and was able to discover so many more things about itself because of it.  But no doubt it's performances and make up techniques are beat for the Gods, and very artistically done. I mean ON POINT!

13 comments:

  1. Now, that is some artistry and skill! Those faces are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In general I think we're getting away from androgynous sterotypes. In high school back in day girls took home eco and boys took shop. Now these classes are pretty well mixed. So glad we're not in 50's
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... on the fence. I only really like one photo. Hmm. I would need to feel the energy to understand. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you say flawless! I can't even imagine how long that must take. I love it...but I bet many wouldn't get her very Avant-gaud approach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. High concept in Drag is always a yes from me. Love the idea of introducing Drag in other venues, besides the bar/club. It becomes much more of a performance art piece. Almost like a living installation. And that face is BEAT.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is right Miss Lady B....you come right on through hennny.

    Bitch is beat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've learned through your blog that drag is so much more than I ever imagined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to tell you. I was looking forward to the Drag Race Down Under and it's good, but the Espana Race has been downright one of my favorite seasons of the whole franchise!!!!! Those queens and the judges are some of the best!!!!!! Very entertaining group.

      Delete
  8. Interesting, but I'm not sure it's enough to make me want to forgo the shirtless bartenders.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That red ensemble is gorgeous! As you say, go big or go home!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!