Tuesday, July 28, 2020

IT'S A COVER UP!

While in this pandemic we might as well get used to wearing a face mask or a veil as I prefer to call them, and I still don't know what the big deal is?!? I have about 9 different ones now, solids and patterns to mix and match with my wardrobe. I really got tired of the looks I was getting from wearing a jock strap as a veil.  While we need to do our part to cover our faces, why not even get more creative to still show your personality.  I came across the swell company called Cover My Mouth that has some pretty neat mask....especially if your a creative person......
 Meadow by Renoir
  Sunday on la Grande Jatte by Georges Seurat
 Automat by Edward Hopper
 Japanese Footbridge by Monet
 Flowers by anonymous
 Nasturtiums by Odilon Redon
The Son of Man by Rene Magritte 
 The Dance by Henri Matisse
 Starry Night by Van Gogh
 The Dancing Class by Edgar Degas
 Great Wave off Kanagawa by Katsushika Hokusai
Venus de Milo pop art

Not feeling artsy? How about these fun ones?
The Last Supper

Cover My Mouth sources high quality materials and a carbon filter to create a non-medical, multi-layer face cover. Working closely with their suppliers, partners, and production teams, they are able to offer low-cost fast worldwide shipping, as well as give back by sharing a portion of proceeds with our friends and neighbors working on the frontline in the U.S. in addition to now partnering with FrontlineFoods.org, in partnership with World Central Kitchen, a charitable organization led by chef José Andrés, to support communities in times of crises. $1 from each mask sold will be donated to support local restaurants and feed frontline heroes and impacted communities. It's a win win!!!!!
Of course I did order this from Tom of Finland. This will be fun for glamping. My Instagram daddy Terry Miller is a bad influence. Of course this veil will get just as many looks at the market as my jock strap did I bet!!! 

33 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one buying all sorts of pretty and interesting masks. Perhaps I'll have to post pics of mine once my "Harley" mask arrives?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see them!!!! I am tempted to order a sequin one too for my more gay moments.

      Delete
  2. OMG
    These are amazing!
    Loved love love the ones with masterpieces, but I would basically hurt a Karen for the Tom of Finland one!
    Gimme!

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to wear it Sixpense. Now If I just had a black leather jock strap damn it, to pair with biker boots!

      Delete
    2. Now you just making me hot🔥🔥🔥

      Delete
  3. ...just love your creative approach to keeping healthy and respecting others!!! I have managed to have a color coordinated veil that matches perfectly my running shoes: chartreuse and sky blue!
    ...but must admit....the jock sounds so incredibly hot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I have several masks, from basic black to fun patterns, and I love some of these, I loathe the idea that a mask is the new accessory.

    Still, I may do some shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are very pretty, but I wouldn't want anyone getting close enough to me to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the one you get should says- If you can read this, back the fuck off."

      Delete
    2. Mads, I'd wear that on a t-shirt in big letters sans the eff word :) They have to be able to read it from six feet away and I am billboard size so that would be more feasible. I've put a lot of thought in this. These masks would make lovely wall hangings, though.

      Delete
    3. I think they already are Deedles....in museums!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

      Delete
  6. Oh these are so cool. If we have to wear one why not have fun right? For an old soul, I think you roll right along with the times Mistress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this!!!! After I saw this I was off to check the site out...they have tons of designs...I ordered three different ones. And Terry Miller could get me to do just about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are great. I have to check the site out. If your wearing a jock strap on your face , I don't think these mask will ever hold your junk down below!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great. Our friend made us each 6 reversible masks (so we each have 12) and more are on their way. Still, I keep looking at all the cool masks now available and am tempted to buy them. A friend in Finland, who gave us Tom of Finland hot pads and a dish towel several years ago, just wrote and said she'd be happy to send us Tom of Finland face masks. It would be cool if you get get your jock straps custom printed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG those are awesome. I’m definitely going to look into those. I’ve got 6 right now, 3 from a local seamstress that I needed to get in a hurry and found on one of those community boards, and 3 for my beloved Cubs. Who thought that this was going to be around so long that we would need a new wardrobe?

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Simmer Down, Karen" hahahahaha! Love that one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also came across these: https://www.bonfire.com/store/jon-lion-fine-arts/issues

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are perfect!! I'm thinking of getting a plain one and decorating it with calligraphy.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you did that Scarlett I would pay you to make me one. Your calligraphy is stunning. I know you'd sell many.

      Delete
  14. Post pictures of you modeling said, please!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmph. It figures. Even with a pandemic raging, you manage to have dozen hot men sitting on your face! P.S. Please post pics of you modeling the jock strap as a face mask. I am thinking that is Must-see Mad-dee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you think its bad now, you should see how many sat on his face before the pandemic.

      Delete
  16. OK, so I need to get "Simmer Down, Karen." I'd get the Tom of Finland one but I know my wofe would steal it and wear it all the time! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  17. im only surprised you don't have a veil yet with glory hole across it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! These are so cool. Of course I love the masterpieces. Now if I could find one with Beethoven on it, I'd be set. I can only imagine the looks you get with the jock strap. Worn correctly or not.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Som of Man is soooo me. Thanks for posting this. Funny how we all seem to almost getting into wearing mask now. And your right, may as well have fun if we have to do it right?

    ReplyDelete
  20. As your aware I love me some art...these are soooo me. I will have to get William to get me a few to wear with my ensembles.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Shots Shots Shots. That made me laugh loudly

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG Tom of Finland! WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT Rawk On Tom of Finlaaaaaaaaand, baby! I am a 'Tom-boy' from way, way back. I would so rock that mask...unfortunately, nobody around here would get it. Le sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!