Thursday, July 16, 2020

TREASURE HUNTING

The Mistress is now back at the Casa after a 14 day get away to the ancestral home to see Mother and visit with the Capital Street Duo and see the Dame's new floral shop.  Seeing the Dame and hubby made for  people 8 and 9 I have seen since the pandemic started. The hardest part for me hasn't been the social part surprisingly. It's been easier that I thought...I'm getting good at being a recluse like Greta Garbo. The travel and shopping part has been a huge change and one that is hard to get used too. Especially vacation, where I usually go with the clan. The Dame had asked me  one day to go to the Lemoyne Market Place, to go thrifting and antiquing. Again I didn't know if I wanted to. But he assured me the place would not be crowded, and all had to wear mask the whole time in the building or no admittance...which I know is a huge, two story building. So we went... and to my amazement was not busy in the slightest. I could get so use to this new normal!!!!!! I think we encountered maybe 20 people in the whole building. While it felt good to get out to do something I love, I worried it may get me wanting to go out regularly all the time. But I know I will not give in.  It was a good afternoon, and it amazes me at what people will get rid of or think of as junk, but will be someone's treasure. And if I can find something calling to me that I need and will find useful,  or has a special meaning to me for a good price, I love that feeling. One really needs a whole day to get through this place...but I even thought of some of you, so you'll be receiving something in the mail soon.

The very first booth was a guy who had one awesome space. It was very bright and retro. And very summery!!! Of course I had to pick the colorful dress and beads for the dear Duchess Deedles.
A cat fish bowl for Anne Marie to entertain her pussies.
I found this cool vibe bar set for Upton King

Bob and Carlos can expect these groovy chairs.

A dressing table for dear Agnes Goldberg-DeWoofs

I have no idea what she'll do with them, but loved these copper pheasants for Christina.

More prying eyes for new friend, Dawn!

Since Huntley like to ride things, I found him this bike. And look at that seat!!!!!

I found this typewriter for Travel Penguin for his home office.

I bought all these and had them sent to the White House for  mr. trump.

How cute are these? They would make for great election day decorations no?

A new sound system for Sixpense is coming. And with some vintage magazines.

Who better to receive this fondue set other then Mitchell?

A game for Steven to pass the time!

Of course, I came home with my own treasure. You know I can not pass up at lovely straw beach tote for all my square cuts and sun tan lotion and such. Also a good cock-a-tail bag! Find $80, but was 60% off! 

Elephants and peacocks are my two favorite animals. If I ever owned a business the name would mostly likely be The Elephant and Peacock. The vase called to me for $5! It now lives on the nightstand in the boudoir. I loved the contrast to the navy blue walls too.

Next,  a found a vessel to hold my straws for my bar at long last!!! It was a pink glass with gold stripes. Found for $7.
And the gold detail matched my little jars for olives and cherries that the Dame gave me as a birthday gift last year. The bar is becoming well appointed I must say.

And finally I found this old light fitting glass shade for a whopping $1!!!!! It is now used as a candle holder on a end table in the living room, with some of my sea shell collection. Looks so pretty at night when lit.
I was pleased with myself.

49 comments:

  1. Ooooh, everything is so colorful and pretty, except for the toilets! This is a very cheerful post. I love it! That dress and beads, how did you know? I could get lost in a place like this, and I hate shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just know you have a red or orange handbag that will match!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Yep, also shoes and a hat or two. Oh, and tons of funky earrings. I'm not fashionable, I just think accessorizing can be fun!

      Delete
    3. The more the merrier...Look at Iris Aprel....too much is never enough.

      Delete
  2. I love the orange chairs and have the perfect spot for them!
    And the bar set is looking fabulous!

    And Deedles would look even more stunning in that dress, but ...cooking? For Mitchell?

    And I've a feeling Steven already plays that game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would be great in your place!!!

      Delete
  3. We don't have places like that up here, so I would go nuts in there!!!! You have one of the most handsome bars I've seen? Is this not the same place where you found the bar itself for a good price?

    And should you make it back to Ptown...your more than welcome....that straw bag will not be returning back with you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the kitty girls will enjoy the fishbowl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how colorful this whole post is! 👏🏻 The first shot is stunning, leaves be breathless. 😛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too. If I could just work that into a hat, it would be a show stop!

      Delete
  6. Very colorful and bright!!
    take care, xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im a sucker for colored glassware and glasses. About 3/4 of my things in my house are from places like this. Your so creative...I would have never thought to use that light shade as a candle holder! Looks so pretty. I actually like the elephant vase too. We need another tour of your place soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shade turned out real nice. It's very calming watching it at night.

      Delete
  8. I loved this post!!!!!! Shopping and finding things like this makes a home, and they have so much more personality than what chain stores carry. I am in love with the bar and the elephant and donkey gave me a good laugh!!!! They would make good election day decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cap Chasen7/16/2020

    I love the Lemoyne Marketplace. Being from Carlisle, I always stop in when up there. I always seem to buy something...or I see something that reminds me of my youth. I love that bike! And the beach tote is so you. Now I can stop there and your friends shop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lord know they can use all the terlets at the white house....since it's so full of shit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun and colorful post!!!! Love the light shade as a candle holder.

    But if you play that game with Steven Mistress, I don't think his finger is what he would want you to pull on?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me better than I thought.

      Delete
    2. Whatever it take to get Steven happy again, I'll do!

      Delete
  12. Ohhhh, I do Love what you picked out for me and he could hang on the Wall with his Cousin! *winks* Of coarse, I think I NEED that Ostrich too, doesn't everyone? So glad you got out and about doing something enjoyable with your Friend safely... being a Recluse I think would be overrated but at least you and The Man could handle it... I could not without going completely off the Rails over Time... and not too much Time at that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That ostrich was huge...and was a mere $6,500. And sadly and happily, I am settling into my reclusive lifestyle. As long as I can see people every few weeks, I seem to be alright.

      Delete
  13. Pull my finger! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your finds Mistress they seem to fir right in well. Now, I'm loving the Fiesta ware and the tumblers with colored polka dots on them.

    The last time some guy said pull my finger we ended up in his bed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Even in a pandemic your smart. You get out just enough, safely and then retreat back in. It's also good to know what hours to do what. I was in my first shop the other day for a few essentials I needed. But seeing now that Im now laid off, I'll be sucking in the free sending...but I do think I need some of that colorful plastic ware for a summer balcony parties of one or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so sorry to hear the honey...hang in there. I'm still furloughed with no report back date yet. My boss does not think it's looking good.

      Delete
  16. Sounds like a fun afternoon out browsing around -- and you scored some great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you'll wear your square cuts with a tank top...who are you kidding about the straw bag? it will be filled with gin and the fixins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to give out all my secrets don't you?

      Delete
  18. I think everything in my apartment is from a vinatge or thrift find. I had any items from Ikea and Crate and Barrel, but they just don't stand the test of time...and as someone commented, the personality isn't there. This places looks fun. And I concour...we need a bar crawl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never been a Ikea shopper, but do have a few Crate and Barrel odds and ends. My weakness for a chain store is actually Williams and Sonoma. And wished Fortnum and Mason was much... much closer!!!!!!

      Delete
  19. Did you buy the ostrich? If so, how did you get it into your car?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love ostrich...but I don't know I could bring myself to have any taxidermy in my house. But I have worn plenty of ostrich feathers!

      Delete
  20. All the color and whimsy here made me happy to see this post. I also discovered I like orange. All those orange glass vases and those chairs would make the prefect pop of color in a room. And I too am loving that Mexico bag. Id would use that as my handbag.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG that’s so cool!
    Glad you got to out and do things. And I’m expecting that turntable and those magazines!
    I miss thrifting, for real.

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Back in my youth the Schwinn Bicycle Co. had a line of 5-speed bikes in the Stingray line in different colors. The red one was the Apple Krate, yellow was the Lemon peel. I had a white one called the Cotton Picker https://www.pinterest.com/pin/124341639695657472/ . It looks very similar to the one in the shop. I bought it with money I earned working on my aunt’s farm in Minnesota. I loved that bike. I’d take that one in a second! Great memories revived, Maddie. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny is that?!?!?!? Never met you and nailed that one! Plus you'll have a chic seat!

      Delete
  23. I'm so excited!!! My very own fondue set. It will look so nice in the living room filled with flowers. I had a fondue set in the '70s but finally brought it to a charity shop because I couldn't find fondues anywhere in New York. Maybe I'll have better luck in Spain. And at least now I can find instructions online. But what will I do with all those dildos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A flower base will work. Bob worried you may burn the cheeses anyway....with your cooking record. And use the little sticks for air darts on the croc wearing passerbys. They'll learn.

      Delete
    2. So, fondue is a kind of cheese? You learn something new every day. And, as for the little sticks, I guess I was focused on the wrong end. (Anyway, I love chocolate fondue but not if I have to make it.) I saw an entire rack of Crocs at a little "everything" shop yesterday. I took a picture just for you.

      Delete
  24. I still don't think you bought enough toilets for Trump.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE "junking" I haven't done that in a long time. LOVE the bar accessories. I will bang out a story or two on the old Underwood.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well, my, oh, my, you DID make quite the haul! I haven't gone thrifting since...oh, gosh...a year or so scrounging for vinyl recordings!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, my... between you and Sixpence... I just can't get over your flair for interior design. You would HATE my place. LOL. I LOVE thrifting. I had a shop for 2 years on Chicago Avenue - Triangle Thrift. LOVED it. Still kicking myself for not sticking with it. So much fun. You have the most marvelous taste. Oh, the photo with the seahorse birdbath? Look at the book sitting beneath and tell me you don't see a penis pointing at the ass of someone bent over? I would have bought that in a hot sec. Too funny. I miss shopping. Thanks for posting this. I live vicariously through you... :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell you, it's getting harder to find things to do to get out while still staying safe. I try to go where the masses aren't.How cool would that bird bath be at a shore home? I tend to see penis everything dear. And I bet you place to nice...for a sex dungeon.LOL!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  28. That $1 lamp shade is delightful. And the seahorse birdbath, or whatever it is, is hideous - I must have it! What treasures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking it would be glorious at the Informanaic pool!!!! I haven't seen one of those in years...used 5o see them at the beach at summer homes.

      Delete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!