Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Looking Glass of Bergdorf Goodman





You may recall the Mistress was in New York before the Thanksgiving holiday on a couple days trips to see other stores in the city and their windows. I posted ours here. Did I mention we saw Harry Connick Jr? I did. I'm still swooning! Anywho, one of the days we ventured over to the fabulous Bergdorf Goodman to see the famous windows. In my opinion they usually have the most elaborate, elegant and intricate of design! One of the visual managers we were traveling with had the privilege of knowing the person behind the windows, so she gave us a behind the scenes on how the window came to be and how long they took. This years windows were a play on the Land of the Looking Glass, from Alice in Wonderland. Most of these window took almost a year to design and put together till the finished product. Just breath taking.I always have the wind knocked out of me when I see them.





















15 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are fantastic.
    I can't believe it takes just a year from design to construction, there is so much happening in each one.
    i may steal these and keep them for cards and such!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God- there stunning! You just don't see windows like that around here. Macy's in center city are nice, but not like these are the ones like Wanamakers use to do! Every where you look there is something to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you sharing! Now that is some drama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so sad the the art of the department store window has been relegated to New York and a handful of other rare places. So many have been boarded over, torn out, or closed along with the rest of an iconic retailer!
    It's a unique, rare art form these days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mistress Maddie #1 Fan12/06/2009

    Bergdorf Goodman does hands down the most elegant windows every year I swear. And it's not like their are just two windows either. They have alot of them. I was there just today looking at them. I'm now in the mood for Christmas. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12/06/2009

    I really miss seeing the Bergdorf windows every year at Christmas when I lived in NYC. I need to get back there in the worst way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are incredible! Beautiful and intricate! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12/07/2009

    Oh, they are amazing...and Harry Connick Jr? Very cool :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw photos of the windows in the NY Times, but these are stunning pics. What a great treat to get a backdoor tour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are marvelous! Breathtaking! A tad on the dark side, but what would you expect given the theme. Thanks for posting them Maddie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are these windows all from this year?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never seen anything like this before in my life for a store. They are one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen! Your blog is always opening me to things I never knew before. I just can't get over the detail for such a small space.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!