Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Grande Dame of the Week

THE belle of the ball- Lady Bunny!



Lady Bunny is drag queen to end all drag queens! One of my all time favorites. How can you not love those caterpillar eye lashes, that big huge hair, fabulous retro frocks, and all her grade A entertainment! Lady Bunny is originally from Chattanooga, Tennessee who has lived in New York City and become "the fixture" since the early 1980's. She was the creator and host of the popular Wigstock that took place every Labor Day for years and can be seen all over the globe-literally with her show of comedy and her sets dee-jaying. She can also be seen all over New York City at various clubs, in particular Splash on Sundays for their free tea dance. I have seen her several times, and she is always just as zany and funny as the last time I saw her. Miss Bunny has also starred in numerous tv shows and movies, and will also reign supreme in the up-coming extravaganza The Queens of New York, which will explore the glamorous and ghetto-fabulous lives of NYC drag queens. Lady Bunny also blogs at Lady Bunny Blog where she gives her own take on current events and issues. And if she says to click here on something, beware, it will most likely be something very gross. Just say'in. Her blog does have some real knee slappers and some good old-fashioned hilarity. You can also check her blog for up-coming dates of where she will be next. Long live the Lady Bunny! I love ya girl.









12 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/08/2009

    She is wonderful. I met her in Chicago. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12/08/2009

    OMG! I think anyone who has ever lived in NYC has run into Lady Bunny at least once! The last time I saw her, she was DeeJaying at a Ralph Lauren Charity Event in the Hamptons. The booze was flowing and so were the disco tracks!

    Woot! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this! Now when I think of a drag queen, this is it! She is so damn funny and fowl, but I love her to death! Love that big ole hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mistress Maddie #1 Fan12/08/2009

    LOVE HER! She will always be Miss New York if you ask me! She is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is one of the best and most entertaining queens around! And I agree with you her look is one of a kind. And she is doing quite well with all the dee jaying from what I hear. Nice pick for this week Mistress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE THE LADY BUNNY! I have seen her plenty and she is just funny as hell. And drunk as hell too! And what a look she has. She really as made a name for herself. Loves her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marissa Devine12/08/2009

    Lady Bunny just isn't right! But I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that is a drag queen! This is what I think of! Lady Bunny was funny as hell when she came to Shampoo once. And her hair is huge! I just adore her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She has got to be one of the funniest drag queens I have ever seen. And her blog has me always in stiches. She's just fabulous and her style is too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous choice! That tanked queen has such great style and talent for laughter! I'm just glad I'm not that foul mouthed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Matthuis12/11/2009

    Bunny is definlety the ultimate in drag queens!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!