Wednesday, June 14, 2023

ALYSSA


 One of the hottest commodities of Drag Queens, and dare say royality in the drag world. Alyssa Edwards is an entertaining drag queen, a choreographer and owner of her own dance studio, television personality and spokesmodel for several brands. Alyssa was chosen to be one of 14 drag queens to be on the fifth season of RuPaul's Drag Race, where to the rest of the country, she rose and catapulted to fame for his style, humor, candid testimonials, outrageous tongue-pops and quirky personality. But if you are a drag queen and on the drag circuit, she was very well-known and legendary for her extraordinary, flawless drag style, her high NRG dance routines and her days as an excellent pageant queen winning and taking many titles. Long before Drag Race. Not to mention her infamous feud with Coco Montrese. I recall them being together at a show once as the guest queens, and the tension was thick girls!!! Since those days though, Alyssa has softened, and has since gone to great heights...Drag Race really helped her tone her style and brand. Not many drag queens that are this pretty, are also smart and a complete package. Even though she didn't win a season, Alyssa is easily one of the top four most successful queens to come off the show, and is ranked as one of the top three fan favorites. I adore her style and looks, but it's her humor and her Texian draw that make me laugh. Alyssa has also helped launch her own drag house, which also gave Shangela, Laganja Estranja, Gia Gunn and Vivenne Pinay a place at the drag table too. It's definitely been an evolution of Alyssa Edwards that's for sure. I think she will have a long career in the drag world...but don't expect her to get cute...she only does drop dead gorgeous darling!!!

25 comments:

  1. Well, she certainly gives good face. I love that blue, feathery outfit. Thought I was going for the red, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID!!!!! Blue is my favorite color....but Alyssa's color is definitely red or pink!!! And you know I love me my feathers.

      Delete
    2. Deedles took the words write out f my mouth. She gives good face! Also, San Geraldo says he’d do drag if he could wear that gem encrusted wig.

      Delete
    3. I have always wanted one of those wigs!!!! They are made from craved foam and are very expensive!!!!! They are so fun without having to worry about the styling.

      Delete
    4. It was the green outfit and the silver braid wig that got me

      Delete
  2. Love Alyssa Edwards!!!! She or Jinkx are two queens, no matter what mood I'm in can make me laugh or get happy. Not to mention she is STUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can only go by the pics for now, but she IS gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her series on you tube is hilarious! I think she would have easily have ended up where she is now with or without drag race.

      Delete
  4. She is indeed worthy of the Grande Dame title! I loved her on Drag Race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's always been a drag Titan even before she hit drag race. If you did drag, you knew who Alyssa Edwards was!

      Delete
  5. One of my very favorite favoritistes of favoritetisses and I have loved watching that drag become pure talent and not just glam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she's surprised even herself and acting challenges. I could totally see being in the bar with her knocking drinks back all night. She's an excellent conversationalist.

      Delete
  6. She's simply fabulous. Love and pride to you, MM. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And back at you Robin. It's friends and allies like you that make life more enjoyable.

      Delete
  7. I agree with many here, Alyssa Edwards has always been one of my top five favorites. The minute I laid eyes on her I adored her. And like you I could just listen to her talk all night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The few times that she has been to p-town, her attendance has rivaled those of our long time Queens like Varla Jean and Miss Richfield. I've always loved Alyssa and when she comes here has made a point to meet and get to know all the local Queens which I think is great. She's very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Alyssa!! She is absolutely a riot to do drag shows with. That first picture is absolutely stunning. But then again when isn't she stunning?

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is one of my favorites and I love that she took Drag Race and made an even bigger name for herself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Alyssa is a RIOT!
    Love the style and the personality. The way she plays delusion? Peerless. The make up? On point. The moves? Well, child. She always gives FACE! I love the discipline, too. I watched a series with her, taking her dance students to competitions and the such. This Queen works hard!
    But seriously, who wouldn't pay to see all the glamour and the humor??

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever have the chance sixpence go see her show. It is one that I highly recommend to everybody. Her shows do not disappoint. I've seen her and Jinkx and Sasha Velour's shows. They are by for the three top Queens from drag race that have the best most creative shows. If the three of them ever didn't show together I'd be in heaven.

      Delete
  12. The looks are both classic and classy. Throw in the humor and BAM! Winner.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Alyssa Edwards!! He is by far my favorite Queen off of RuPaul's Drag Race. And I also have no problems dating him as a boy I think he is adorable out of drag. And how do you not love that energy?

    ReplyDelete
  14. my favorite wig is the first one.
    The penultimate resembles an octopus.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Inspired looks. That headpiece! OMG. Think of all the labor that went into its creation! Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!