Monday, June 26, 2023

PRIDE MOOD


Well, I'm happy to say I survived the long weekend, barely.... and I'm sure this Monday will be an ugly one! I was joined in NYC for the blow out Gay Pride festivities, with the clan... of Mistress Maddie's #1 Fan, Preston, Christoper and his pup Cleo, Miss Moorecock, Kio and Mack. It started with All Pink Disco, a dance party at Pier 17 hosted by Trixie Mattel and Katya, continued with a drag party with me being mistaken for Big Bird, the Parade itself, which this year had a live feed on YouTube, the street festival, and drinks at the place where it all started, the Stonewall Inn and more nips and sips at sing along bar, Marie's Crisis. It was great seeing the very large numbers again, and all getting along. The thing about the gay and drag communities is that we have the ability to celebrate life in spite of being called faggots, or beaten up, not accepted, being ostracized, and not being counted as citizens. From pain, you need to create joy, because many of us have been in pain. As that is what Pride is...a celebration of pride and joy. We need to stop compartmentalizing ourselves into bears' twinks, butches, femmes, trans, tops, bottoms and those who claim they have no gender to further divide an already small community which does not have rights to equal housing and employment. And we're even barred from using the bathrooms of our choice in some states. That's a surefire way to make sure we'll never get equal rights. We need to remember that there are young member of our own tribe who have gotten nothing but soul-destroying messages from school mates, their churches and even their own families. Do they need our help? They need to see large groups of their own tribe accepting each other all year, not just at Pride time, in a festive environment so that they don't feel so alone. They need to see happy and proud gay,lesbian,transexual and every color of the rainbow folk actually liking and accepting each other AND supporting each other. I also recommend if you ever get the chance, celebrate sometime in NYC and the Village and Stonewall. It always gets me melancholy, and gets one to thinking this is where is started.

My foot might make a promo!
Loved these hotties boots.

Cheers to those trailblazers who came before us

Happy Pride Month!!!

45 comments:

  1. what nice guys/queers/gays

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the symbolism of the yellow chicken (if any)? Looks like y'all had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Helen the only thing that comes to mind is choke the chicken!

      Delete
  3. Nice pictures. I didn't know the Guardian Angels were still around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either but apparently New York has a tiny little chapter left. My friend Preston is the one in the picture.

      Delete
  4. Boots hottie is packing, too!!!
    Love all the fabulousness and love the "Laws Off My Wig" sign.
    Happy 🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was funny .. when I asked him if I could take a picture of his boots he had no idea I panned the camera up so high to catch that packed Market Basket

      Delete
    2. I think our whole clan was clamoring wondering what that guy was packing and those denim shorts!

      Delete
  5. OMG sooo absolutely fabulous!
    So, questions: is that Kim Chi sitting down in that doorstep? Is this the party where Trixie was DJ'ing and Katia lip-synched to Padam Padam? Was Lady Bunny trying to hide something? Is that hottie in the boots available?

    It looks like you had a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No that was not kimchi it was a queen named Jasmine rice and she sitting next to MM#1Fan. Yes Trixie and Katya tore that pie up honey!!!! The party was a blast. Well bunny certainly wasn't hiding her gut!!! And if that guy with the boots is single ...he'll be coming home with me honey. His legs were Beyond sexy.

      Delete
  6. The best photos. So empowering! Enormous rainbow-infused hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such color...how can one not get happy from that alone?

      Delete
  7. If I found six yellow feathers in my room that night I found 210 from your drag outfit that night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with the two Guardian Angels on the right of the picture. But I do have a reputation somewhere of being a tramp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Join the crowd honey...you'll be in good company!!! The two you're referring to are Preston and his friend Chad. Preston looks good naked too.

      Delete
    2. I might have know you been there done that. Damn, I wanted to be first. Oh, and the hottie boots. Well I have to admit that I did not even notice the boots.

      Delete
    3. No ....Preston and I only shared bedrooms on beach trips....no sex...we're too brotherly for that.😂

      Delete
  9. Anonymous6/26/2023

    Tundra Bunny here...

    It sure looks like everyone was having a great time -- love all the balloons and bright colours! Is that you, Mistress Maddie, in photo #14 rocking that canary yellow dress, blond bombshell wig and feathers?! That pout looks mighty familiar...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have eagle eyes!!! I was thankful is was not too hot too.

      Delete
  10. One helluva party, dear! It's London's turn this Saturday, and the adrenaline's rushing already...

    Clink, clink, sweetie! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to your Pride recap! Adrenaline?!?!? Mine might not show up till mid- week me thinks.

      Delete
  11. Looks like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful photos! Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well said, Mads! I hate to see the intolerance in our country, especially when it's directed at kids. It affects them for the rest of their lives. I'm glad you had a good weekend.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where have you been dear!!!! I worried you may have caught something from the Freakin Green Elf Shorts!!!!! You've been missed my friend.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, sweetheart. I've been working very, very hard. I will try to show up at least occasionally. The Freakin' Green Elf Shorts are tucked away in a safe place and have done no harm--yet.

      Delete
    3. You should get DeSantis to pose in them for your Caption Contest!!!!!!!!!!!!! On second thoughts scratch that.... you'll be stuck with them for life then.

      Delete
  14. "Laws off my wig!" I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trifle with a drag queen or her wig and be prepared to get cut!

      Delete
  15. I think someone is hiding a second rubber chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a few of them were hiding Rubber Chickens.

      Delete
  16. I have yet to ever do a New York City Pride and I want to because who wouldn't want to be in the city where it all started? As always you're drag never disappoints and that one guy with the drag queen in the orange he is filling out those underwear. I noticed his crotch says house of love . Indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All Pride and festivals are fun but you should try one in NYC sometime. There is no scene like it!

      Delete
  17. I love New York pride and it's been too many years. I want to go up again. And there's nothing like hanging out in the village especially near Stonewall on that day. I love what they did in the Memorial Park but those pictures especially the one of Marsha. And that Queen walking around in that aqua blue outfit .. she is fierce as is your own ensemble. And thank heavens your weather was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous6/27/2023

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    It looks like you had a fabulous time on your whirlwind weekend. Those Guardian Angels can stop by anytime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And at least two look good naked!!!!

      Delete
  19. Well my Dear, you made a Gorgeous Big Bird, you looked absolutely Stunning in Yellow. It's not an easy Color to pull off. I can't wear it or Purple since I have a Sallow complexion, but I like both colors in Clothing on other people. Glad the whole Pride experience was Memorable in good ways. Thanks for taking us along vicariously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are your boys or the Princess and Timmy doing any Pride events out there Dawn? And thank you for your kind compliment.

      Delete
  20. Fabulous pictures! Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Pride Friend!🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

      Delete
  21. It would fun if more people would be colorful clothes.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen my closet Dora?!?!?!?!?

      Delete
  22. What a lovely celebration. Nobody does it quite like you... Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I too would have sworn that was kimchi sitting next to you DJ! And your friend Chris? I think I might want to tap that! New York City is on our list of Prides to do one year. Excellent pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!