Wednesday, June 14, 2023

COSTA RICA MOMENT

So about four years ago now, Daddy Warbucks and his friend Brandon and myself were in a party town in Koki Beach which was an out of the way place on the beach, but at the rainforest's edge... when we were in Costa Rica. It was an adorable beach town, and there was  only gay bar in town. As far as I know, and could see, we were about the only white American tourist as far as the eye could see. So we went in anyway and we were indeed the only Grinos I could see. And for some reason everything in the bar seemed small, like little tables and little chairs... we felt like we were in Gulliver's Travels. There were a handful of locals there, and I think we were some of the only Grinos they'd seen in some time. We seemed to be like exotic creatures that landed in their bar, but we ordered drinks anyway, and sat at a little table. And one by one, they came over to us, and started walking around us and observing us...and then they started talking in their very broken English and us back to them with our extremely broken Spanish, They were very sweet, they were all gay boys, three trans girls, one of which was giving some Little Edie vibes with a sweater wrapped around her head and who seemed to have taken a fascination to me... and one really very drunken lesbian, who was more butch then the three of us put together, and she kept saying over and over, because I guess it was all she knew in English... "Oh I so happy you are in my country" Oh I so happy to have you in my country"... over and over and over. And could she do the shots!!! So I had to go to the bathroom, you know, once that seal breaks.... and it was a one-seater, and just as I go into the bathroom, "Little Edie" pops in and starts touching my face and chest gingerly, saying -" I ove you, I ove you. I thought it was sweet, but it was to soon for love. So, I pop back out, and join Big Daddy and Brandon at the little kindergarten table, who are having a whale of a time with more shots. We all have several more rounds of tequila and rum shots, try to talk, and laugh and have fun. When it was time to go, we bid them farewell and adios, we walk out the bar, and as we are weaving and stumbling down the beach to get our transport back to the hotel,they all came out of the bar, standing in front of it, waving us goodbye, like we were visiting dignitaries or something. One of those wonderful moments. You know, I hope they still remember us, because I remember them.

Happy Gay Pride!!!!!

27 comments:

  1. Like stepping into a little magical world. No doubt they remember you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always nice if you can leave a lasting impression, at least somewhere different, then a bedsheet in the middle of the night!!!!

      Delete
    2. I think everyone can remember you!

      Delete
    3. I can think of why you remember me!!!!

      Delete
  2. The day the giants came to town, you are legend,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaints?!? And I thought I was a pocket gay at 5"7"

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you made their whole day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I imagine you are the stuff of legend down there ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Down there?? OHHHHHH you meant Costa Rica?!?!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous6/14/2023

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    What a great remembrance of a fantastic trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a blast!
    Travel stories like this are what make going in trips so much fun. I love your descriptions! It's always good to fee a little fish-out-of-water when we go on vacation. It takes us out of ourselves. And I need to go to Costa Rica. EVERYBODY and their aunt who have been there tell me that it's fabulous.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah....you need to go!!!! Go! Such warm, so very warm...natural beauty. Did I mention it was hot? I actually loved our open-air hotel.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a couple of weekends I spent in Tijuana during my military days! So drunk we slept on the beach. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was heavenly I bet. NOTHING like hearing the waves. My favorite sound.

      Delete
  8. It's been a long time since I was that plastered, but 99% of the time it meant I had too much fun just like you did. I still have CR on my list of places to flee to if things don't work out here in the States.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been at least, what time is it, since I was plastered.

      Delete
  9. I mean can you blame them for being curious, especially giving your assets! What a fun story though people like that make vacations worth remembering.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When you're on vacation like that that's the best kind of places to go, when you end up somewhere impromptu and made all the local characters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You were like Christopher Columbus, worshipped as a deity by the credulous locals! Surprised you didn't come away with offerings of conch shells, trinkets, and the hand in marriage of a first-born son, really. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I HAD the first born son...but we didn't marry.

      Delete
  12. What a fun story! I can clearly picture the scene...and I chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please, I'm so amazed that you ever came back?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's really cute!
    I also really like the idea of a bar with very small furniture.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't figure out the small furniture...because the people there weren't exactly small.

      Delete
  15. We have a Costa Rician restaurant in downtown Robbinsdale. The food is amazing. And I can't imagine travelling to such a place. And quite the story. Thanks for sharing, hon. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd love Costa Rica Upton. You should book a trip. The food and the coffee not to mention the men are all delicious! And have I mentioned we need to hang out one day! Enjoy your weekend handsome.

      Delete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!