Monday, June 12, 2023

PRIDE MOOD

 
What a beautiful weekend weather wise! It was off to the Pocono Mountains to the Woods Campground for the Gay Pride Festival they have, and it was a blast. The little festival itself felt very much like that of pride of yester year. I was up just for the day. There were food and drinks, a small parade and a craft fair where many LGBT artist were selling their handicraft, in addition to the health and community foundations and charities. I heard even Brian Simm was present somewhere. I only hope he was naked, but I doubt it.  I had a great conversation with a staff member of one of the Democratic Reps from Philly who was there.  It surprised me that even he agreed that the Dems get most of the black, LGBT and female vote. But in return for that support, surprisingly they have not pushed for the Equality Act.. failed to pass the Geroge Floyd Policing Act, and haven't codified Roe vs Wade in 50 years. But yet will run again on the same old campaign issues, including his boss, then not do anything again. So here is now where we are. Our protectors want our votes and then refuse to earn them. LGBT activists used to fight the establishment, now many are part of it. Police are still killing unarmed black people, women's access to abortions has been limited and LGBT people need anti-discrimination protections at work in housing , etc.  I love Biden but he and some of the other Dems represent incremental change when real change is needed. At least Obama was the change candidate and President, who seemed to get more results. Heavens knows where we'd be now if it weren't for him. We both agreed we need to stay in the fight and hold our elected officials responsible.

After such a talk I had a few hours "al fresco" to let it all hang out, poolside before returning home. A few snaps here from the Woods Pride.

 
Thanks to Dan from the Woods for the funny saltshaker meme. Your Mistress may have been salacious with a very impromptu Asian troupe this weekend. So that meme was perfect. Can't lie...it was a glorious time, and they do like their blond American boys. Except two hours later I was hungry again!!

Happy Pride Month!!!

26 comments:

  1. You're incorrigible, Mistress! Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the railway carriages.

    The world is moving rightwards at an ever increasing pace. Those of us who think otherwise will be lost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you ARE the secret ingredient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few ingredients and tricks up my sleeves.......

      Delete
  4. Yay Pride!
    Glad you had fun! We went to a tiny town called Utica (it's like an hour from Chi) for their Pride celebration and it was adorable! So cute and with so much positivity. I was happy to see a ton of parents and younger people wrapped in Pride and LGBTQ+ flags!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This weekend up next is Balitmore Pride!!!!

      Delete
  5. It was nice to see those trolley cars painted in those colors.

    Yep, voting really is for the best of the worst. The party that fails to deliver on promises? Or the one that doesn't make them at all? Both of them will disappoint. What choices we have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen sister! The choices we get just seem to get worse.

      Delete
  6. I love these pictures! And I've never seen that one of Marsha P Johnson. And wait.. a pride festivities at the woods sounds amazing, but you mean to tell me you were doing United Nations with China? By my calculations that's a four way. You Minx. I'm so calling to get the details on this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good... you can do the Math. Otherwise in your field you'd be screwed.

      Delete
  7. The Oculus is AMAZING!!!!! Sounds like you had a good weekend and it's great when you can connect to people in conversation like that. And as far as Asians girl they're my weakness! I'm beyond jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were certainly an energetic bunch!!!!

      Delete
  8. you were lying poolside "al fresco"? the three Asians saw you cock and ass and probably thought you had enough to feed the needy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left them all take- a- away bags!!!!

      Delete
  9. Love the disco balls!!!!! It's sort of overcast and gloomy today so we needed a break cheery Pride post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have only two choices:
    1. The party who tries to work toward equality and equal rights, or
    2. The party who does their utmost to shackle anyone who does not look like, or agree, with them.

    What's a voter to do? Vote for the party of the first part from Dog Catcher to President.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just it. And anyone not doing their job gets vote out. One Blue for another Blue. The newest Blue Reps in Philly aren't playing and are running circles around the ousted ones.

      Delete
  11. That Rainbow Brooklyn Bridge is fabulous, as is the park bench under the umbrellas.

    And I think anyone in Congress who is a Democrat and doesn't work for women, people of color, and the LGBTQ+ community is useless and needs to be voted out. If they refuse to make the change then We The People will make the change.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What's the point of being Brian Simm if you're not naked? Get with the program.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that he is out of office, and I know he loves camping and hiking, I'm hoping he'll be coming more often to the Woods...so I can meet his acquaintance again. And if he just happens to be naked, can I help if a trip and fall and land on top of him... forcing his dick down my throat????

      Delete
  13. "Except two hours later I was hungry again!!" DAMN YOU! I was laughing so hard at that I sprayed my drink all over!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can believe you enjoyed yourself. And then what a pleasure to see all those bright and brilliant colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I did!!!! What not to love about three randy Asian boys!!!!

      Delete
  15. Loved the Brooklyn Bridge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈🌈🌈🌈

      Delete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!