Tuesday, September 1, 2020

GRANDE DAME

I've been on a drag roll lately. I have so many drag queens to feature and write about, I could bombard you good people with three posts a day, but it's nice to let a post marinate so people can view it. This next queen is breaking new ground. Gottmik is a fierce queen. The make up technique is different and chic...not quite clown, but not elegant either. It's fun fresh, campy, and attention grabbing. This queen also happens to be a trans man...who just happens to be a drag queen.  How's that for a twist? Even though Gottmik  identified as a male, he always thought that he could suppress it because he loved feminine things and had feminine articulations, but when he realized that men can be feminine, it all clicked. After that realization,  the acclaimed make-up artist and drag queen, Gottmik, transitioned from female-to-male. It’s time for Gottmik to share his story – one that’s not represented enough, or at all, in mainstream media – as a female-to-male, trans drag queen. I have yet had the pleasure to meet Gottmik, or Kade his male name, but there is no denying this queen has the beat face and technique down to a tee. His drag is everything from clown, runway elegant to androgynous and loud. He loves painting everything super black and white and clown-like with pops of crazy colors or crazy outfits that make an impression, and I'm here for that style. Gottmik does receive lots of confusing questions about being a queen. People cannot seem to understand how someone born female can identify as a man but still want to perform and artistically express themselves through femme drag. But Gottmik says a healthy person needs a good balance of masculine and feminine energy to survive. If your artistic outlet is drag, anyone who has anything to say just hasn’t been enlightened on the subject and is probably wishing they were brave enough to express themselves as honest and openly. Here, here gurl!!!!! I couldn't agree more. I thing it's actually healthy to express both sides of sexuality also, and could never understand the "just butch" mentality.  Drag is hard, and being trans is even harder, so anyone who is doing both is extremely inspirational to me. I had planned to feature Gottmik sooner,  but my blogger crush,  Sixpense did a feature and I didn't want to interfere with his post to closely... We always seem to be on the same wave length.. his post is here and urge you to check out his take. I have since been working the drag vine for tea, and pretty sure we can expect to see Gottmik on the next season of RuPauls Drag Race and about damn time!! Ru has said no trans would ever be featured, but technically by law Gottmik IS a man. Besides drag is drag!!  So take that. Bitch is FIRECE!

27 comments:

  1. She's got wicked style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The look is very similar to that of the Sisters of San Francisco, don't you think? Interesting twist on top of a big old pile of twists. He's like a mystery novel that keeps coming up with unexpected surprise endings. Hmm. This may take me awhile to wrap my head around. But... as long as he's happy and found himself, that is all that matters. I hope we all are able to become so in touch with ourselves. Thanks for sharing this. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes honey, I get that vibe...it's like the face and make u without the nun habits!

      Delete
  3. That purple hair is so spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are fierce ... .and I need that green balloon wig!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I said it once and Ill say it again...Gottmik is one insanely talented bitch!

    I hope she mops the floor with those queens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That took the wind right out of me!!!! A trans male would be excellent on Drag Race!!!! I too love him and his creative make up. I've always been afraid to embrace my make-loving side as a trans female...to over the top, but screw it!!! He give me life and strength!

    ReplyDelete
  7. After seeing Canada Drag Race, I adored Jimbo. I'm really liking that form of drag more, so I love Gottmik!!!!! I can tell you, I would root for him and hope he wins. I like it's great, a trans male would be drag and be embraced for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Om obsessed with Gottmik lately. But I missed that he was a trans female somewhere along the line. THAT IS FUCKING AMAZING!!! And I love the photo with him showing the breast removal scars...brave and a inspiration. I don't know how I did not see this. This spread is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now, why ever on earth would Ru make a sexist statement like that? Oh, never mind, we all have our biases. Maybe there should be an all-trans Drag Race?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. She was asked one time, on whether he would except a fully transitioned dragtestant, he was quoted as saying "Probably not". ‘You can identify as a woman and say you’re transitioning, but it changes once you start changing your body. It takes on a different thing; it changes the whole concept of what we’re doing. Bullshit. I think Ru is stating to back track now and get with with.

      She will be on the next season. they shouldn't have to have their own show.

      Delete
  10. Call me dumb, but I don't get it. I figure, anybody who does themselves up in this kind of make-up and outlandish clothing, is doing drag of some sort. I don't care what sex they are! I am kind of ignorant on the subject (just in case you haven't noticed over the last couple of years) so it is quite possible that I'm wrong. Oh well. This is art, people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope...your not dumb, you get it Duchess! You rock!

      Delete
  11. Love him!
    When I read the piece about him in Out I remembered him doing James StJames. His makeup skills are incredible?
    And the rumor is that he’s gonna be in RPDR. Yay for progress!
    And you know we’re always on the same wavelength, bae!

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretty sure it is confirmed from what I hear, he is on the next season!!!!!

      Delete
  12. He's extremely hot and sexy.
    I agree that we all need a balance of male and female. The world would be a much better place.
    Cheers, Mistress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more...but you'll always have the masculine male to afraid to let his hair down...

      Delete
  13. Amazing! It's the new queens like this that I'm proud of. And how sick is that S&M-ish Marie Antoinette realness he is serving??? Yes, I too have heard he' on the next season.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pure perfection you ask me. I would love to see him perform.

    ReplyDelete
  15. He and Juno Birch are both turing drag on it's ear. As one a trans man and one a trans woman....they both looks beyond amazing in style and personality. They are to be commended on such a good brave representation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. GREAT choice to feature! Look at this brave, authentic and blossoming queen!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Of course it’s drag
    But they term it something different
    Sad x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always thought of myself as being worldly and sophisticated, but I really don't know fuck all! Thank you for continuing my education, sugarpie! xoxo

    p.s. Gottmilk is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't know sweet pie...your are pretty great and worldly and cutting edge I think.

      Delete
  19. Im LIVING for this queen!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!