Tuesday, June 16, 2020

GRANDE DAME

Ilona Verley is a two-spirit indigenous artist who grew up in Canada and says drag is how she manifests her female energy as a two-spirit person!  Growing up in Skuppah First Nation in B.C., Ilona loves to be an inspiration for the Indigenous community while serving  her signature and iconic looks. Her drag is 100 percent self-sufficient and can confidently style her own hair, do her own makeup, create her own iconic looks and get on stage and entertain the crowd. Ilona lived in L.A. for a while and performed drag there prior to moving back to Canada .She is a great conversationalist and loves to educate a crowd on drag and the non- binary. What I have always loved about her drag is her trademark monochromatic looks, I live for them... her polished painted mug and she keep a tight and elevated routine. Iiona can be seen weekly on the upcoming Canada's Drag Race where she'll compete for the first queen to win the title. I just love her, she reminds me of a pretty sobert dessert I just want to lick.

20 comments:

  1. She's almost a living rainbow.

    The Listerine one slays me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the second picture, she looks like Katy Perry.

    Lysol drink lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant of course and I love those color themes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to Canada's Drag Race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you. The Drag race international shows do not disappoint and bring a fresh take i feel.

      Delete
  5. You don't often hear--or at least I don't often hear--the terms "two spirit" and "nonbinary" in relation to drag entertainers. That she doesn't seem to believe in clearly drawn lines makes want to see her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is pretty amazing. I also reminds me of Poodle come to life Kirk.

      Delete
  6. The fresh queen of Listerine, YASS! 💚💚💚

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE Iiona!!!!! She is so aesthetic and i love that!!! One of my favorite fellow queens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a strong urge to frame these pictures and line a wall! I love the whole monochromatic style. It's like yesterdays post rolled into this one....Death by Ilona!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only recently heard of her and have been OBSESSED!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is just so lemony, minty and orangey fresh......with just the right amount of pink chiffon thrown in!!! Stunning honey!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very haunting. Love the photo essay featuring personal care items. So, does the other spirit get to come out an play? I would love to see a photo essay capturing that. Sort of Patty Duke vs. Needy Mascara? Well, you get the idea. Very generous of you to feature all these beautiful queens. I love looking at their photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love her! That mug!
    And yet again we are on the same wavelength!

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very drawn to her. Fabulous looks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A pretty sobert dessert I just want to lick. I cannot think of a better compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well will you look at this!!!! It appears I'm able to leave comments again. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!