Friday, May 27, 2011

Another Holiday-So Long,Farewell


Their was just a huge swirl of activity and goings on at the Casa du Borghese as the Mistress is departing for a very nice Memorial Weekend/mini vacation! She is leaving to visit the ancestral home for a couple of days, visit family and friends, attend two picnics, and thinking a couple days at the beach again. So in the car went the liqueur case and suitcases, the hat boxes, and the dog! Everything but a damn picnic basket! And this time of year who doesn't enjoy a good cook out and picnic. Of course, I like picnics because a love a nice full basket to take to the picnic. Like these.



Opps. Ahhhhh, yeah, how did that get in there? He,he,he! Oh how embarrassing. Anyway, while on vacation I am going to try and see if I can find something like any of these. My mother use to have a vintage picnic basket, but it got damaged one time when a pipe burst in her basement. So off to find one. But whatever I get it must match my traveling cock-a-tail case! I really love the first one or something like the ones in the second picture. The last one is very handsome too!







I also will be seeing some Prince Charming and J while home and we will most likely do a little club hopping. I just hope they get along. So It will be very nice to relax and breath a little. After returning, I'll be going to a couple different stores to do some work, and with the travel to and from It may be a week or two till I return. So say out of trouble and I'll be reading when I get a chance. And everybody-

Have a Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!!

16 comments:

  1. OMG! i JUST SO BURST OUT IN LAUGHTER AT THIS POST!!!Everyone is looking at me like I'm nuts. You are something else girlfiend! But I love the baskets. And you have a wonderful time, I'll miss ya that is too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time this weekend and enjoy your time off. You are so getting laid again aren't you? See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. STILL wish you and your basket were coming this direction to Cape Cod! Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Memorial Weekend Mistress! I KNOW you will have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5/27/2011

    Oh, My Mistress, have a wonderful holiday weekend. And you won't believe this, but that last picnic basket, the wicker one with the blue checkered napkins and plates - I have that EXACT picnic basket. The last time I used it was when I went to an outdoor concert and watched Stephanie Mills and Patti LaBelle set it OFF! And packed inside that picnic basket was a caserole dish I made of Patti's 'Slap Yo Mama Macaroni and Cheese'!!

    Whooo-hooo. THAT was a night to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Corey- honey I just knew you had good taste! And that sounds like a hell of a night!!!

    @ Cali-boi,maybe, maybe not......

    @ Adrien when I return little one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHAT! Just who is minding the Casa while your gone that long? But I too enjoy a FULL basket. Have a good one cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your off again?????? Well Happy Memorial Weekend too you Mistress and enjoy the weather, food, cockatails and boys like I know you only can!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great time with Merrit. I'm staying in the city and going to a party. Hope to see ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh honey, I must have like three old vintage pinic baskets I don't use. I should give you one. I never use them. Happy Holiday Mistress and watch that spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Memorial Day Mistress B. I love me some old vintage baskets to take and sit in a park with and add some wine-a good afternoon. Have a fabu trip.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have fun, fun, fun til Daddy takes the T-bird away!

    ReplyDelete
  13. batina5/30/2011

    You are too funny Mistress.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous5/31/2011

    So I caught this as the w/e came to a close... I'm hoping you had a marvelous time on your "basket hunt" LOL... and extended holiday! One way or another, I'm quite confident there was certain success (whether or not it included picnic gear) -you tell us! ...wink!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Skill- Oh I found some un-expected pinic gear alright!!! From three others. It's the real reason I'm wiped out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The more I hear I so need to hang out with you. I hear you very fond of entertaining!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!